Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It does but not as durable as SBSS and will scratch if you hit it hard enough. The normal titanium is like butter.
I guess it depends how hard? I've hit my SBTi hard couple of times and still no scratches or dings. I even hit it hard on a metal door frame once (not on purpose) and not a single damage on it.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Ordered the 44mm Titanium with Charcoal Sport Loop, delivery September 25-29th.

I’ve gone with the SS in the past but fancied a change this time and it’s not that much more expensive, especially when you factor in the extra strap and charger.

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I’m glad I saw this thread. Finally decided to upgrade from my series 3 SBSS. Was sad to see no SBSS 44mm. I ended up ordering the graphite SS 44mm. Saw this thread and that the Ti comes with an extra (sports) band and cancelled the Graphite SS. I customized the SBTi with loop band so it’s only an increase of $100. With the Ti you get extra band and charger. Don’t really care about the charger but the extra band sold me on the price difference for the Ti. I always liked Ti.

I upgrade every 3 to 4 years with the Apple Watch. Series 0 SS 42mm -> Series 3 SBSS 42mm

Reactions: HazyCloud

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
I’m glad I saw this thread. Finally decided to upgrade from my series 3 SBSS. Was sad to see no SBSS 44mm. I ended up ordering the graphite SS 44mm. Saw this thread and that the Ti comes with an extra (sports) band and cancelled the Graphite SS. I customized the SBTi with loop band so it’s only an increase of $100. With the Ti you get extra band and charger. Don’t really care about the charger but the extra band sold me on the price difference for the Ti. I always liked Ti.

I upgrade every 3 to 4 years with the Apple Watch. Series 0 SS 42mm -> Series 3 SBSS 42mm

Also, and this is quite hidden, the Ti Edition watch has a TWO YEAR warranty.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
With the extra sports band that’s included with the titanium watch, does it include both sizes (S/M and M/L)?

Reactions: moptart

Soordhin

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Berlin, Germany
With the extra sports band that’s included with the titanium watch, does it include both sizes (S/M and M/L)?
The sport band always has both sizes in my experience, should not be different in this case.

Didn't even know that it comes with an extra sports band to be honest, nice addon and yes, with the power adapter and the sports band it is actually not more expensive than the SS. Will wear it as main watch with a SSSB 4 as secondary one while the 6 is charging.

Reactions: George Dawes

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I want a watch that feels heavier like a watch. Just say no to titanium.

Just to show you the metrics of what you’re saying is inaccurate Regarding the ‘heavier’ comment:

The 44mm Ti weighs in at 41.7g

The 44 MM St weighs in at 47.8g

That’s a mere difference of 6g, and others have attested that they barely can tell the difference on the wrist between the titanium and stainless, as it’s really not that notable of a difference.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Just to show you the metrics of what you’re saying is inaccurate Regarding the ‘heavier’ comment:

The 44mm Ti weighs in at 41.7g

The 44 MM St weighs in at 47.8g

That’s a mere difference of 6g, and others have attested that they barely can tell the difference on the wrist between the titanium and stainless, as it’s really not that notable of a difference.

This is accurate. It was one of the things I noticed immediately putting on Ti for the first time, but it’s really close to the feel of SS. Like you said, not a huge difference, but it’s a pro in my book.

The sport band always has both sizes in my experience, should not be different in this case.

Didn't even know that it comes with an extra sports band to be honest, nice addon and yes, with the power adapter and the sports band it is actually not more expensive than the SS. Will wear it as main watch with a SSSB 4 as secondary one while the 6 is charging.

Yep. The Sport Band comes with both sizes for the Edition models.

Reactions: justinf77

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I have always bought the SS model but this time I wanted to try titanium (I mailed my SS AW 4 this morning to my eBay buyer). I wasn’t sure if I would like the titanium so I actually bought 2 watches yesterday a titanium one and the identical watch in SS.

I will leave the SS watch sealed up and return it to the store when they are delivered. Someone is going to luck out if they are looking for a SS 44 with the black new woven band in Walnut Creek. I will need to reorder my band I need an 8 but ordered a 7 and I need to add Apple Care

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
OK so it looks like the S5 Titanium included both S/M and M/L straps for the exclusive sport band that comes with it, but the S6 (based on "What's In The Box") only comes with one... S/M for the 40mm and M/L for the 44m. I hope this is a mistake because I ordered the 44m but the S/M is perfect for me, and I really want that band.

Brandon083

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Austin, TX
OK so it looks like the S5 Titanium included both S/M and M/L straps for the exclusive sport band that comes with it, but the S6 (based on "What's In The Box") only comes with one... S/M for the 40mm and M/L for the 44m. I hope this is a mistake because I ordered the 44m but the S/M is perfect for me, and I really want that band.

Interested to learn if this is true or if it comes with both. I ordered the Hermes watch a few years ago but ended up returning it because (one of a few reasons) the 44m only comes with a M/L strap for the additional strap which doesn't fit me.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Seeing same here. For folks like me that negates any potential value of the additional sport band.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

Thanks for finding this. I too hope this is incorrect. I’ve been using the S/M with my 44 as well. For what it’s worth, the Ti packaging for last year’s had the spot for both. I don’t see Apple pulling it, but this is Apple we’re talking about. I’d ask Apple Support, but they probably wouldn’t know for sure.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Thanks for finding this. I too hope this is incorrect. I’ve been using the S/M with my 44 as well. For what it’s worth, the Ti packaging for last year’s had the spot for both. I don’t see Apple pulling it, but this is Apple we’re talking about. I’d ask Apple Support, but they probably wouldn’t know for sure.

Don't think we'll know until folks start receiving them. As you mention, there's too much chance Apple Support (however well intentioned) would give an incorrect answer.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Don't think we'll know until folks start receiving them. As you mention, there's too much chance Apple Support (however well intentioned) would give an incorrect answer.
I asked Apple Support and they said both were included for S6 but they are often incorrect (as mentioned)

Well, that’s something. Thanks. Mine is scheduled for delivery on the 21st, so we’ll know soon.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Titanium is premium and more durable.
Titanium the material perhaps.

I’ve had the titanium this year. Went with the new gray SS and it looks much smarter.

The SB Ti was so close to SG aluminium people were shocked i paid that much more for it then.

So I swapped it for the regular Titanium and loved it

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this is considered off topic - but has anyone seen any shipping movement on their Titanium watches? I order about an hour after preorders, Natural Ti with dark nave band. Delivers by 9/25-9/28, been preparing for shipment since Tuesday night.

Nothing on UPS My Choice or the FedEx equivalent.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Not sure if this is considered off topic - but has anyone seen any shipping movement on their Titanium watches? I order about an hour after preorders, Natural Ti with dark nave band. Delivers by 9/25-9/28, been preparing for shipment since Tuesday night.

Nothing on UPS My Choice or the FedEx equivalent.

Yes. My 44 SBTi w/ Charcoal Braided Loop will be delivered on the 21st per UPS. It was previously scheduled for the 25th-29th. Ordered about 15-20 minutes after it went live. Shows on UPS and Apple emailed me.

Topic:

The SBTi definitely looks similar to the aluminum, but I didn’t get it to stand out. I bought one last year and loved the strength of Ti, so I ordered another one this time. I’d possibly consider the natural Ti, but I prefer black over silver.

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
Yes. My 44 SBTi w/ Charcoal Braided Loop will be delivered on the 21st per UPS. It was previously scheduled for the 25th-29th. Ordered about 15-20 minutes after it went live. Shows on UPS and Apple emailed me.

Topic:

The SBTi definitely looks similar to the aluminum, but I didn’t get it to stand out. I bought one last year and loved the strength of Ti, so I ordered another one this time. I’d possibly consider the natural Ti, but I prefer black over silver.

thanks for info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.