Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
I’m in the same boat. And I have the exact same thoughts..
I've jumped in this boat but without the sbti on order. $100 for it not to be shiny and being able to sell the watch on with a band rather no band is a plus since Apple trade in rates seem rather low. The AppleCare costs more too - but at least you get 3 vs 2 years so perhaps incentive to actually keep it longer (although may be able to convert to monthly after the 2 years is up for the ss watch so this slightly evens out).

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
It comes with one additional year of standard warranty I believe.

The extra band is mentioned here in the "What's in the box" section. This is for Standard TI color but you get the darker band with the SBTI:

View attachment 1863173
Thanks for the help with this.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Great choice!! I had natural Ti for S5, then switched to SBTi for S6, but ordered natural Ti for S7.

I love Ti as a material, and the natural Ti just looks so good.

Can't wait for the 15th, haha!!
Which band are you going with?

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Which band are you going with?
I went with Abyss Blue Sport Band...mainly because that's the only combo that was available on the 15th, haha!!

I would've preferred the Abyss Blue Sport Loop (the SL is my favorite AW band), but that combo just showed "unavailable" with no option to even pre-order.

I have to say after seeing it on the Studio, that I'm going to get a Golden Brown Leather Link as well. Looks really sharp!!

ETA: And what happened to the Sea Salt Sport Loop? I'm normally not big on light-colored bands, but it looked really clean to me.

1634151100706.png

Last edited:
Reactions: shr631

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Great choice!! I had natural Ti for S5, then switched to SBTi for S6, but ordered natural Ti for S7.

I love Ti as a material, and the natural Ti just looks so good.

Can't wait for the 15th, haha!!
Same here. Natural Titanium for AW 5, then SB Titanium for AW 6, which in my opinion was a huge mistake. So switching back to natural Titanium is actually one reason for me to upgrade. In addition to the small design changes and the bigger display. Was hoping for a ceramic version, though.

DuaneDibbley

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I've got a natural ti 45mm on the way (whenever it comes) with the golden brown strap and I just ordered the stainless link bracelet for it.

Have heard great things about the bracelet and really wanted to give it a try. Coming from the real watch world where steel bracelets cost ~$1000AUD if it's as good as I've read then $650 for it (and some extra links) is a bargain.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2021
I've got a natural ti 45mm on the way (whenever it comes) with the golden brown strap and I just ordered the stainless link bracelet for it.

Have heard great things about the bracelet and really wanted to give it a try. Coming from the real watch world where steel bracelets cost ~$1000AUD if it's as good as I've read then $650 for it (and some extra links) is a bargain.
I am pleased to see the link bracelet back in the marker. Maybe three watches ago, Apple had about the same price as now and I paid $100 USD for one at a Target Department Store.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013

If you like the Milanese loop, the graphite one with the natural Ti looks really nice. That is the combo I ordered for last years S6.

I also have a braided loop, Inverness Green (which I think is discontinued) which is a sharp looking casual band.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
I have two S7's on order:

• Ti SB
  • SSG
Really can't decide which to keep. I'm not worried about Ti costing more, but if it's less durable... then I don't see the point in spending $100 more.
I've had Ti SB for 5 months and it's been absolutely flawless and held up better than my previous stainless steel.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I've had Ti SB for 5 months and it's been absolutely flawless and held up better than my previous stainless steel.
Thanks for your input. I was able to find a SS graphite for pickup tomorrow so between having the watch sooner and saving money, I'm going that route. Maybe I'll shoot for the Edition version in the future.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
Thanks for that, what a good find. Increases the amount of indecision but that's part of the fun I guess. The natural ti looks oddly incredible in this video whereas the sbti looks much like it's not a true black. Anyone else think that this could be the case or is it just odd lighting? Graphite was a bit harder to tell as it was slightly out of focus.

Reactions: Arcontia

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for that, what a good find. Increases the amount of indecision but that's part of the fun I guess. The natural ti looks oddly incredible in this video whereas the sbti looks much like it's not a true black. Anyone else think that this could be the case or is it just odd lighting? Graphite was a bit harder to tell as it was slightly out of focus.
Thats the thing with the natural Ti, it really interacts with the ambient lighting and other materials that are next to it. It is a very nice finish.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
The Natural Titanium also looks quite distinguishable from the Starlight aluminium watch I think:

69BFE314-C655-47B2-8AA7-10868768A81A.jpeg

iappleme

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
I’m just going to leave this here, SBTI S6. Not black, just dark.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
I’m just going to leave this here, SBTI S6. Not black, just dark.

View attachment 1865744
This is a great shot of what it looked like. Got to see all of them…and the winner is definitely the space black hermes! Which won’t be mine as that’s a bit too much expense since I wouldn’t want to use a hermes band. To be honest, even in person, that natural titanium just looks amazing. I think it outdoes the sbti and if my graphite doesn’t go well, may switch to that in the end. The graphite could do with being just that bit darker - I can see why everyone is up in arms about the space black SS having been set to hermes only.

rsfrid

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2020
Michigan
I don't know why so much concern about scratches, etc. on natural titanium. To me they just add to the character. Despite the case scratches of my series 6, the crystal is unblemished - that's most important to me.

Attachments

• A5EEAB9D-AF07-487A-8369-B01BAFD306E5.jpeg
    A5EEAB9D-AF07-487A-8369-B01BAFD306E5.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 112
I don't know why so much concern about scratches, etc. on natural titanium. To me they just add to the character. Despite the case scratches of my series 6, the crystal is unblemished - that's most important to me.
The natural titanium scratches and it shows the nicks and marks easily where space black titanium doesn’t.

If you like the Milanese loop, the graphite one with the natural Ti looks really nice. That is the combo I ordered for last years S6.

I also have a braided loop, Inverness Green (which I think is discontinued) which is a sharp looking casual band.
That’s exactly what I ordered. It looks very elegant and classy. Never goes out of the style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.