Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
I was all set to get Titanium for the Series 7 (assuming it's still available), but then I'd have to give up my leather buckle band and Milanese loop. I rarely wear them, but think they look fantastic when I dress them up. Did anyone here give up "expensive" bands to move to Titanium?

Also, and this is silly I know, but my silver iPhone has stainless steel edges and the AirPods Max have stainless steel accidents, so the SS watch seems to go with that aesthetic, but that titanium looks really good.
IMO, people matching phones, watch and anything else and then trying/wanting to display it like that is the utmost douche baggery

Reactions: lexikon318

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
What if they made a brushed GOLD Titanium? We’ve had gold aluminium, gold stainless steel, why not a gold coloured Titanium? Visualising it, I think it would look pretty sweet!

rsfrid

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2020
Michigan
Actually, titanium can be anodized to any of a broad range of colors including green, blue, purple reds, etc. It's up to Apple to decide.

Reactions: strakagirl

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
My S6 titanium arrived today. My previous watch was a S3 stainless steel and I'm really happy with my upgrade! The titanium looks and feels great and the digital crown and button feel way better than my S3 (I think the crown used to move more easily than it does now).

All things considered, I'm very pleased!

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
If anyone is looking for a great leather band option for your titanium hit me up. I bought this band and sold the watch lol.

I can ship anywhere in the US if you want to save over buying direct from Germany.

Attachments

• Nappa-Tan-Titan-Silver_244349ca-679e-4fa0-8eb8-a7c3a9c4d656_900x.jpg
    Nappa-Tan-Titan-Silver_244349ca-679e-4fa0-8eb8-a7c3a9c4d656_900x.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
If anyone is looking for a great leather band option for your titanium hit me up.

I have a Bandwerk that is in like new condition I no longer need.

Those are nice. Just ordered one from Bandwerk. Thx

Reactions: JW313

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I like the look of the leather link but I think I'd be constantly worried about it coming apart!

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
That blue leather case is gorgeous.

Have either of you had any issue with the band coming undone with normal movement/activity?

Mine doesn’t come undone necessarily however it does kind of loosen one click at a time throughout the day. I have to tighten it up a handful of times. Kind of annoying but it looks so good I deal with it.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
I have had the brown leather link since November and it’s pretty secure. It’s actually quite impressive of a design. You just have to be careful putting it on, but the are again all the bands have their drawbacks when attaching and slipping off. Maybe the solo loops don’t but I have none to form an opinion.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Leather link can loosen itself, if you flex/bend your wrist. But it only drops at most 1-2 links, and no further. So there’s no chance of it falling off completely.

Just slightly annoying if you wear this to something active.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
My S6 titanium arrived today. My previous watch was a S3 stainless steel and I'm really happy with my upgrade! The titanium looks and feels great and the digital crown and button feel way better than my S3 (I think the crown used to move more easily than it does now).

All things considered, I'm very pleased!
I'm also considering going for the same model, i've got the stainless steel series 3 apple watch and I can't decide between the natural titanium or space black titanium both look great to me.

Reactions: Nell

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
I'm also considering going for the same model, i've got the stainless steel series 3 apple watch and I can't decide between the natural titanium or space black titanium both look great to me.
As someone who owned natural for a while, it depends on how you want your watch to look. Natural basically looks like brushed SS. I always prefer the lighter colors for the watch, because it looks more like the mechanical watches I used to own.

Reactions: moose185

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
As someone who owned natural for a while, it depends on how you want your watch to look. Natural basically looks like brushed SS. I always prefer the lighter colors for the watch, because it looks more like the mechanical watches I used to own.
that's why I went for the stainless steel originally as it stands out.

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
that's why I went for the stainless steel originally as it stands out.
Also, the scratches it receives over time looks better and can be buffed out if needed. The titanium when it scratches looks like scuffs and is more difficult to buff out.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Also, the scratches it receives over time looks better and can be buffed out if needed. The titanium when it scratches looks like scuffs and is more difficult to buff out.
Before I sold my AW5 Natural Ti I used the green part of a scrubber sponge which took out any scratches/blemishes.

Reactions: rsfrid

rsfrid

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2020
Michigan
I have many all Ti Zero Tolerance and Hinderer knives and the natural (or anodized) finish holds up well. The minor scuffs add to the character, in my opinion. I plan to get the natural Ti, because I am used to the nuances of how it ages.

Reactions: JW313

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I'm not a fan of dark watches. My first watch was the silver aluminium which I liked but would have preferred it to be not quite so white looking (I think my ideal for aluminium would be a colour roughly like the space grey iPhone 6s) so I went with stainless steel for my S3. I was really undecided before ordering the S6 but I love the silver titanium (and the watch is so much better than the S3 in terms of responsiveness).

wmy5

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
upstate NY
Ordered mine at 2:22 PM (Eastern Time - 22 minutes after keynote ended)
Titanium 44mm with Leather Link (Baltic Blue)
Ship date: Oct. 14th to 21st

I had a Series 5 Titanium 44mm last year as well. Heres why I decided on Titanium again:

- Less noticeable scratches. Compared to my Stainless Steel Series 4, my Series 5 Titanium held up much better. No major scratches from the naked eye. With my SS Series 4, it had lots of tiny scratches on it after a few weeks. Nothing major, and I was able to buff it out with a stainless steel polish kit, but I didn't want to have to polish my watch every month or so. My Titanium after a year almost looked brand new.

- Looks stunning. I know some people say the Titanium looks like the silver aluminum, but pictures don't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Titanium has a nice silver finish that is brushed and has enough reflection to give it a luxurious look to it. Looks very upscale when compared to aluminum.

- Rare. Its cool to know that the Titanium models are more rare when compared to the other models. Apple only sells the Titanium on Apple.com and only at there flag-ship Apple Stores. They can't be bought from official 3rd party retailers either. I have only come across a couple people wearing a titanium model out in public. Everyone else I see are wearing the aluminum models followed by the stainless steel model.

Longer warranty (2 years or 3 years with AC+) and an extra sport bands make the extra cost over SS models even smaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.