Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sockdoggy

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Brooklyn
Initially ordered with leather link M/L band and returned everything (Apple’s only option in my area) for S/M band - the L wrapped around until only 3 notches weren’t overlapped; the S shows 6. Really impressed with titanium and leather. Definitely feel the weight over S3 Nike. Extra silicon band is an awesome casual look when leather too dressy. Also ordered a Nike sport loop for workouts out of habit.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
What if they just introduced a new Titanium colour this year? Like something between natural and SBTi, I’d imagine it having a really warm hue.

Otherwise, the more pics I see of the White Ceramic S5, the more I wish it still existed for the S6, like at least have the option available if I wanted to save up for it ?

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Initially ordered with leather link M/L band and returned everything (Apple’s only option in my area) for S/M band - the L wrapped around until only 3 notches weren’t overlapped; the S shows 6. Really impressed with titanium and leather. Definitely feel the weight over S3 Nike. Extra silicon band is an awesome casual look when leather too dressy. Also ordered a Nike sport loop for workouts out of habit.
Not TI but I chose M/L too with a wrist size of about 18.5 cm. (SM is till 18 cm). ML was way too big for me. Like you around 3 notches but SM fits fine and I don't see the overlapping.

Reactions: sockdoggy

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
From a YouTube Vid, Narural Ti vs Silver Aluminium.

It does look like there’s a substantial difference between the two visually!

C4752286-945B-4033-85F6-9D29DD46E934.jpeg

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
No, 100% black coating.

The light areas you see in the photo are reflections. The DLC finish really reflects any light.
Chargerstore item? How quickly did you get it in these COVID delivery times?
I looked at an aftermarket and you can see the internals when they links are spread out being unpainted and wasn’t sure if that was the case with originals.
Yes, we are an obsessive group of folks.......need medications.
EF0CB899-8EF4-43FD-A9D1-25406CD6C5B6.jpeg

Last edited:

davidholliday

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2017
I just took a quick look and the insides are all the same black.

Also, I did look at Chargerstore, but found an individual here in the US with one for sale.

Cost me a little more, but was delivered in just a few days.

I have a knockoff as well. Had it about 18 months and I think worn twice. Really heavy and clunky and messing with the pins to add/remove links was not fun.

7075bf116e7f459a11ee85fabf22cee7.jpg

Reactions: Dguitarnut

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
I like that SBTi changes with the light, is subtle, sexy and looks good in the gym and at night.
what colour is that leather band? looks like a charcoal grey type colour but apple doesn't sell a grey one. confused.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
Looks nice, I'm still undecided whether to get the natural titanium or space black titanium. I've currently got the stainless steel series 3 so want a different look.

Reactions: jmanuel28

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
is this the space black titanium? that colour looks stunning.

Thats Space Black Ti, yup :) but eventually exchanged for natural Ti because it went better with most of my existing band collection , and now I’m all settled in and happy with this one

Last edited:

024copper

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
Ordered mine at 2:22 PM (Eastern Time - 22 minutes after keynote ended)
Titanium 44mm with Leather Link (Baltic Blue)
Ship date: Oct. 14th to 21st

I had a Series 5 Titanium 44mm last year as well. Heres why I decided on Titanium again:

- Less noticeable scratches. Compared to my Stainless Steel Series 4, my Series 5 Titanium held up much better. No major scratches from the naked eye. With my SS Series 4, it had lots of tiny scratches on it after a few weeks. Nothing major, and I was able to buff it out with a stainless steel polish kit, but I didn't want to have to polish my watch every month or so. My Titanium after a year almost looked brand new.

- Looks stunning. I know some people say the Titanium looks like the silver aluminum, but pictures don't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Titanium has a nice silver finish that is brushed and has enough reflection to give it a luxurious look to it. Looks very upscale when compared to aluminum.

- Rare. Its cool to know that the Titanium models are more rare when compared to the other models. Apple only sells the Titanium on Apple.com and only at there flag-ship Apple Stores. They can't be bought from official 3rd party retailers either. I have only come across a couple people wearing a titanium model out in public. Everyone else I see are wearing the aluminum models followed by the stainless steel model.
Best Buy used to sell them, might still, dunno.

jabbok

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
Finally got my natural Titanium iWatch I had to wait about 6 weeks before it shipped I took too long in deciding which color to get so when I did finally get around to ordering it the wait was long.

Mine still came with the power adapter in the box and both straps as well as the one I ordered so they haven't started taking them out of the boxes. I ordered the Solo silicone one in a size down from what they said because of all the comments on here about the sizing.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I was all set to get Titanium for the Series 7 (assuming it's still available), but then I'd have to give up my leather buckle band and Milanese loop. I rarely wear them, but think they look fantastic when I dress them up. Did anyone here give up "expensive" bands to move to Titanium?

Also, and this is silly I know, but my silver iPhone has stainless steel edges and the AirPods Max have stainless steel accidents, so the SS watch seems to go with that aesthetic, but that titanium looks really good.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I was all set to get Titanium for the Series 7 (assuming it's still available), but then I'd have to give up my leather buckle band and Milanese loop. I rarely wear them, but think they look fantastic when I dress them up. Did anyone here give up "expensive" bands to move to Titanium?

Also, and this is silly I know, but my silver iPhone has stainless steel edges and the AirPods Max have stainless steel accidents, so the SS watch seems to go with that aesthetic, but that titanium looks really good.
Why do you need to give them up?

I wear the new graphite milanese loop with the AW6 natural ti, looks really nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.