Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidholliday

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2017
Despite the fact I’ve been an Apple Watch owner for 18 months or so, I’ve never owned or even tried on, any of the sport bands.

Since Apple is kind enough to provide one in the box with the titanium watches, I thought I should give it a go.

I rather like it!

20bfee9d24518c9c67a604126736c7d7.jpg

Casey05

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Anyone sell a 44mm series 5 titanium? Looking at selling mine and not sure where to start. Was thinking ~ 350-400

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Anyone sell a 44mm series 5 titanium? Looking at selling mine and not sure where to start. Was thinking ~ 350-400
Try Swappa.com. I’ve had very good luck selling there. They might make you jump through a few hoops to insure your watch is in the advertised condition but it is worth it. At $400, it should sell quickly.

Reactions: Casey05

Casey05

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Try Swappa.com. I’ve had very good luck selling there. They might make you jump through a few hoops to insure your watch is in the advertised condition but it is worth it. At $400, it should sell quickly.

Any luck with ItsWorthMore? Got a pretty good quote it seems

Casey05

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Completed several successful transactions with them.

Thanks. I know MarketPlace would probably give me biggest bang for the buck - but not having to meet up with someone is probably worth at least 50-75 $ to me

And sorry for hijacking thread

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks. I know MarketPlace would probably give me biggest bang for the buck - but not having to meet up with someone is probably worth at least 50-75 $ to me

And sorry for hijacking thread

Marketplace cuts out the hassle of selling fees and shipping, but you will deal with ‘haggling’ of cheapskates, which I personally don’t have time for, but that’s the drawback to selling locally.

chickenfried

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2020
Hello guys, thanks to your precious pictures of Ti watches, I could peep kind of common sense of fashion - which I might have been lack of...

Followings are bunch of watch pictures of mine and hope you use those as good reference and please let me know which band you do think as nice pair for natural Ti because I am quite lost. Which means, I'm currently about to return Ti black due to its stealth - gorgeous though - feel and run into natural Ti but I did love the look of black one with some bands like solo loop cyprus green, link bracelet black, Hermes sports band orange, braided solo loop red.

Actually my think about natural Ti is, most band choices were just acceptable but I haven't found mind blowing pair yet - taking photos I thought natural Ti pairs nicely with braided red loop and wearing it now :) Some band with so many Likes from this thread like braided solo loop green and leather link brown looked nice but were not impressive for me. I do like natural Ti watchcase itself but maybe I like wearing black Ti model overall more... Please share your wisdom!

IMG_5508.jpg

Up; I loved it, but biggest nuisance of Black Ti - braided loop pair is that bright stainless steel clasp keeps shining. That was so painstaking IMO.
Down; I saw some comment saying, that is not HEY-LOOK-AT-MY-WATCH color and he likes it. Say, I think I like THE kind of color. But watching again and again, I became to think that looks nice.

IMG_5509.jpg

Up; When I first saw that loop with my eyes, I did not like that color because that GREEN color looked dull to me. After looking at many forums, I got to know there are many kinds of green colors including Cyprus green and Inverness green but maybe I should have looked the product with my direct eyes before buying one.
Down; I did not expect but that looks pretty good. Real Product Red color IMO.

IMG_5510.jpg

Left; That was my way to go pair before returning, I loved the color so much. But many would have said, solo loop was barely breathable at the expense of short term comfort.
Right; That is... acceptable. When I wear suit, that goes well. When casual clothing? Well... guess still acceptable.

IMG_5511.jpg

Left; Yup
Down; Cause I liked Black Ti - Green solo loop pair so much, I did not like this combination at first. Now I think maybe I could use this band when swimming. Don't have to breathe in the water haha

IMG_5512.jpg
IMG_5513.jpg

Black Ti - Black Bracelet; pretty nice
Natural Ti - SS Bracelet; similar finish, color and I understand some do not like transition at the clasp but I do not care that point.
Natural Ti - Black Bracelet; looks......good?
Black Ti - SS Bracelet; not my taste

IMG_5514.jpg
IMG_5515.jpg

That product red solo loop is way brighter than product red braided loop and I like Cyprus green one better.
For the charcoal braided loop, both Ti watches look good.

IMG_5516.jpg

Exclusive sports bands. Black Ti color looked more good but I found out they do not go well with my skin, style? or else. Natural one was way enjoyable.

I will post a few more pics soon due to 10 pics limit.

chickenfried

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2020
Hello guys, thanks to your precious pictures of Ti watches, I could peep kind of common sense of fashion - which I might have been lack of...

Followings are bunch of watch pictures of mine and hope you use those as good reference and please let me know which band you do think as nice pair for natural Ti because I am quite lost. Which means, I'm currently about to return Ti black due to its stealth - gorgeous though - feel and run into natural Ti but I did love the look of black one with some bands like solo loop cyprus green, link bracelet black, Hermes sports band orange, braided solo loop red.

Actually my think about natural Ti is, most band choices were just acceptable but I haven't found mind blowing pair yet - taking photos I thought natural Ti pairs nicely with braided red loop and wearing it now :) Some band with so many Likes from this thread like braided solo loop green and leather link brown looked nice but were not impressive for me. I do like natural Ti watchcase itself but maybe I like wearing black Ti model overall more... Please share your wisdom!

View attachment 974269
Up; I loved it, but biggest nuisance of Black Ti - braided loop pair is that bright stainless steel clasp keeps shining. That was so painstaking IMO.
Down; I saw some comment saying, that is not HEY-LOOK-AT-MY-WATCH color and he likes it. Say, I think I like THE kind of color. But watching again and again, I became to think that looks nice.

View attachment 974270
Up; When I first saw that loop with my eyes, I did not like that color because that GREEN color looked dull to me. After looking at many forums, I got to know there are many kinds of green colors including Cyprus green and Inverness green but maybe I should have looked the product with my direct eyes before buying one.

View attachment 974272
Left; That was my way to go pair before returning, I loved the color so much. But many would have said, solo loop was barely breathable at the expense of short term comfort.
Right; That is... acceptable. When I wear suit, that goes well. When casual clothing? Well... guess still acceptable.

View attachment 974271
Left; Yup
Down; Cause I liked Black Ti - Green solo loop pair so much, I did not like this combination at first. Now I think maybe I could use this band when swimming. Don't have to breathe in the water haha

View attachment 974274 View attachment 974273
Natural Ti - SS Bracelet; similar finish, color and I understand some do not like transition at the clasp but I do not care that point.

View attachment 974275 View attachment 974276
That product red solo loop is way brighter than product red braided loop and I like Cyprus green one better.

View attachment 974277
Exclusive sports bands. Black Ti color looked more good but I found out they do not go well with my skin, style? or else. Natural one was way enjoyable.

IMG_5517.jpg
IMG_5518.jpg

Both HERMES bands look well I guess. Personally I like Natural Ti - marine blue loop pair most.

IMG_5519.jpg
IMG_5520.jpg

Looked pretty nice, but kept pinching out my hair on forearm and scalp. Painstaking LITERALLY.

IMG_5521.jpg
IMG_5522.jpg

That band goes well too

IMG_5523.jpg

My current wearing pair.

Thanks for watching and please feel free to leave any comments or impression and I will happily make my fashion sense sturdier from those.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017

View attachment 974269

View attachment 974270

View attachment 974272

View attachment 974271
Left; Yup

View attachment 974274 View attachment 974273

View attachment 974275 View attachment 974276

View attachment 974277

My impression here, is that the natural Titanium is a lot more versatile with multiple different bands. It does look especially great with that Saddle Brown Leather :)

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
Thanks for the great photos of real world lightning on these watches and bands. Just a suggestion in comparisons use the exact same Watch face and color. This plays with your mind...or at least mine Lol.
IMHO the natural Ti is way too subdued. To me despite being a beautiful metal on the watch is sorta boring with only the ss link bracelet combo beating the SBTI combo. Again in IMO the SS Watch being shiny trumps both these watches with all these bands except black metals of course.
As full disclosure my wife says I’m color blind and have very bad fashion taste.
I am enjoying the SBTI and like it with all my bands with this knockoff blue being an occasional favorite.
A53662AC-98D8-4383-94C0-E01F5CF8FA16.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenfried

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Picked this up yesterday from the apple store. Wanted to change it up since I have had the stainless steel since the first watch. I like the look however I’m double minded if I should go with the natural or not. The main reason is my stainless steel bracelet. It works with this but I think it looks nicer with natural. I guess I can pick up the black bracelet but I don’t really want to pay that much again.

Attachments

• 074084CB-545F-4D98-9D79-DC0893E65236.jpeg
    074084CB-545F-4D98-9D79-DC0893E65236.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 280
  • BBCBBFC2-7730-4DDF-B767-228196200C15.jpeg
    BBCBBFC2-7730-4DDF-B767-228196200C15.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 277

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Private sale you should get at least $400

I sold mine via ItsWorthMore - natural Ti, no band, box no cables etc, and picked "Flawless" got $350

$400? They’re selling almost $500 in excellent condition. I think $400 is way too low for a S5 Na-Ti. But then it does make a difference if you’re trying to sell local, and I would avoid eBay, as that is way more of a saturated market. It probably depends on your venue.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
$400? They’re selling almost $500 in excellent condition. I think $400 is way too low for a S5 Na-Ti. But then it does make a difference if you’re trying to sell local, and I would avoid eBay, as that is way more of a saturated market. It probably depends on your venue.

Private sale you should get at least $400

I sold mine via ItsWorthMore - natural Ti, no band, box no cables etc, and picked "Flawless" got $350

at least $400; the original poster was contemplating $350-400 so I said the the least $400

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well, after a week of owning the SBTI I have to say I've been really pleased with it. The pictures here don't really give the full impression of how it looks, mainly because it is difficult to capture how the light changes it. One minute it's jet black matt then if the light catches it it can be a champaign tinged metallic black.

The Black coating under the DLC must be quite thin as you definitely catch glimpses of the metal underneath. I also have to say in life it looks nothing like the AL SB... that has a blue tinge to it and completely flat matt with no variation in different light.

That said, only you really knows which AW you're wearing as no one is going to tell (or probably care) if you are walking past them. They would have to pay way too close attention to you to be able to make out a watch on a swinging, moving arm. In other words... buy what you like to look at and not what you think others will see.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Well, after a week of owning the SBTI I have to say I've been really pleased with it. The pictures here don't really give the full impression of how it looks, mainly because it is difficult to capture how the light changes it. One minute it's jet black matt then if the light catches it it can be a champaign tinged metallic black.

The Black coating under the DLC must be quite thin as you definitely catch glimpses of the metal underneath. I also have to say in life it looks nothing like the AL SB... that has a blue tinge to it and completely flat matt with no variation in different light.

That said, only you really knows which AW you're wearing as no one is going to tell (or probably care) if you are walking past them. They would have to pay way too close attention to you to be able to make out a watch on a swinging, moving arm. In other words... buy what you like to look at and not what you think others will see.

I agree and I decided to keep mine as well. In light, the color isn’t that black and flows well with the silver bracelet I have.

Reactions: Toonartist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.