Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
They can’t even display the name of the watch right lol

edit: when i select Ti SB with Leather Link (like the screenshot) on my laptop I get an error message that this page doesnt exist. Nice!

It'll be the band that is slowing things down for you. I have the normal black leather strap so wasn't worried about getting one of the new ones. When I selected one of the new ones originally, it pushed the delivery back until mid Nov... somewhere around the 10th Nov.

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
It'll be the band that is slowing things down for you. I have the normal black leather strap so wasn't worried about getting one of the new ones. When I selected one of the new ones originally, it pushed the delivery back until mid Nov... somewhere around the 10th Nov.
No i have a second order with the TISB with cyperus sportband for my GF. Same 11/06-11/13

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well... after living with the AW6 SBTi for the last couple of days I've found it to be a great upgrade from a AW4 SBSS.

It feels faster to boot up... quite a bit more. A little faster in use and I love the SBTI finish... the Oxygen reader has worked really well with no crazy variation.

The one thing that I have really enjoyed and didn't expect it is the AOD with the Tachymeter watch face. The animation from dark two dials to white three dials is really nice. It seems fairly bright and easy to read when the AOD is active, even outside. Very happy.

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
Ordered my SB Titanium on the 10th Oct and received it yesterday, 19th Oct.

I’d ordered the ginger sports band to go with it... which my wife has quickly taken for her AL series 4 ?

However... I think I’ll see about getting her the normal Titanium for her Christmas box... just need to decide on which additional strap to add... that I like ?

Edit... just to say mine turned up with a charging brick?!?

View attachment 969596

Off topic but is that a Chord Hugo TT2 in the background? :p

Reactions: Toonartist

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
The one thing that I have really enjoyed and didn't expect it is the AOD

Yeah its a much bigger upgrade than people make it out to be.

Having taken my old S4 out for a day again, geez, i just found it so inconvenient having the the watch face switch off every few seconds and having to raise/shake my wrist to get the actual time. I do not miss that. It really rubbed in how far the Watch advanced in two years (factoring in S6 has a second generation AOD with a brighter display)

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Off topic but is that a Chord Hugo TT2 in the background? :p

It is indeed :) part of my office system... lovely DAC ?

Yeah its a much bigger upgrade than people make it out to be.

Having taken my old S4 out for a day again, geez, i just found it so inconvenient having the the watch face switch off every few seconds and having to raise/shake my wrist to get the actual time. I do not miss that. It really rubbed in how far the Watch advanced in two years (factoring in S6 has a second generation AOD with a brighter display)

I wasn't sure to begin with whether S4 - S6 would be worth while other than the change of case... I was going to wait until next year but glad I did. I was going to keep the S4 SBSS but decided to trade it in afterwards as I would have missed the AOD too much to use it much. Fast charge is nice as well!

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
It is indeed :) part of my office system... lovely DAC ?

I wasn't sure to begin with whether S4 - S6 would be worth while other than the change of case... I was going to wait until next year but glad I did. I was going to keep the S4 SBSS but decided to trade it in afterwards as I would have missed the AOD too much to use it much. Fast charge is nice as well!

Nice! I love Chord gear- currently rocking a Mojo+Poly and a Hugo 2+2Go :p

Reactions: Dguitarnut

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nice! I love Chord gear- currently rocking a Mojo+Poly and a Hugo 2+2Go :p

The Hugo 2 is a great DAC end goal DAC in many systems... and it's portable as well! Love Chord for their clarity / transparency.

At the moment, I have a Roon NUC - Aries G1 into an MScaler, TT2 directly into PMC 25.22 speakers and Meze Empy headphones. My end goal I think would be an all Chord system apart from the NUC... Dave, Mscaler, Etude. By then I'll probably be old and grey ?

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
The Hugo 2 is a great DAC end goal DAC in many systems... and it's portable as well! Love Chord for their clarity / transparency.

At the moment, I have a Roon NUC - Aries G1 into an MScaler, TT2 directly into PMC 25.22 speakers and Meze Empy headphones. My end goal I think would be an all Chord system apart from the NUC... Dave, Mscaler, Etude. By then I'll probably be old and grey ?

Hifi is a never ending chase, isn't it? I did a big gear sell-out recently: sold my Focal Utopias, CA Solaris SE, Cayin N6ii DAP etc. Now down to a Obravo Ra-C-Cu (getting it tomorrow) and a MMR Thummim.

As for DACs/AMPs, I have always had a preference for something you can move with you. Hence my reluctance to go tabletop.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hifi is a never ending chase, isn't it? I did a big gear sell-out recently: sold my Focal Utopias, CA Solaris SE, Cayin N6ii DAP etc. Now down to a Obravo Ra-C-Cu (getting it tomorrow) and a MMR Thummim.

As for DACs/AMPs, I have always had a preference for something you can move with you. Hence my reluctance to go tabletop.

Very true... the table tops are sort of a downscale for me (size)... I did have a Naim system with power supplies so this feels really small! I do actually take the TT2 and MS away with me on hols ?

Shame they don't come in SB titanium... that would be a nice finish!

Last edited:
Reactions: NickYanakiev

Spardocus

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2017
Also Edition watches come with longer default Apple Care coverage.

I keep reading all these people after one year saying their watch still looks perfect, my experience couldn’t be further from that. I was surprised at how quickly and easily my titanium picked up scratches / blemishes.

I love how it looks but considering going back to SS on the next one.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I keep reading all these people after one year saying their watch still looks perfect, my experience couldn’t be further from that. I was surprised at how quickly and easily my titanium picked up scratches / blemishes.

Was that the SB TI or the normal TI watch?

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
I received my SBTi AW 6 yesterday, coming from a Natural Titanium AW 5. Even though the finish looks nice, I would not buy it again. Natural Titanium looks way better. Otherwise I am happy with it.

8F1F00FF-7F6D-473C-9F65-45D0FCC61A7B.jpeg

Reactions: techno-Zen

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
Well the sapphire crystal face makes the titanium or ss models worth the upgrade. The face is probably the part that gets most of the hits. My aluminum had most of the wear and tear on its face. My SS5 has no visible wear and tear on the face. After a year it did show some scratches on the sides but it easily buffed out as will the natural titanium so why stress out. I have owned many SS Rolexes and titanium Panerais (many times the price of an AW)and they developed a patina with scratches and age but it’s no big deal to have them reconditioned back to a showroom state. Just enjoy the watch......it will be technologically obsolete before it’s too ugly to wear as opposed to traditional Swiss type watches.
Consider it like an IPhone ......you will want a new one in a year or two anyway.

Last edited:

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
Here is photo of my SS5 and SBTi side by side. And then a photo of my SS with spigen case in an attempt to convert to black look next to my SBTi. As you can see it does alter the size of watch by a tiny bit and although it looks good I prefer the naked look of the SBTi
BF1C3455-D618-452F-A773-4E5347FB125D.jpeg
B1663785-FD29-4B01-AE8D-BD19735B9F38.jpeg
85956346-AD14-45EE-AB7C-81A9CE22EA93.jpeg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

The natural titanium I suspect for those who claim it’s in ‘perfect condition‘, might tend to wear long sleeves or they’re not nearly as hard on their watches as others are. The only thing the natural titanium includes, is the fingerprint resistant coating, but that wears off and does not provide any scratch resistance. The only thing that the natural titanium does ‘better’ over the stainless, is it does hide scratches a little bit better, because it has the brushed effect. Personally, I prefer the DLC, but that’s just because there is no comparison to protection against everyday physical encounters to protect the casing.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
ok... I’m looking at buying a normal titanium for the better half. She has a normal aluminium s4 at the moment with only a couple of small marks on it. do you know how the standard titanium compares to the Alu AW in terms of picking up marks etc?
I can't comment on the Alu hardiness but I do know that my AW5 natural Ti watch did have some scuff marks/scratches on it prior to selling. But I used a green scrubby type sponge and it removed it all; enough so that it got the full amount (flawless) from itsworthmore.com

Reactions: Nancy&co

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well the sapphire crystal face makes the titanium or ss models worth the upgrade. The face is probably the part that gets most of the hits. My aluminum had most of the wear and tear on its face. My SS5 has no visible wear and tear on the face. After a year it did show some scratches on the sides but it easily buffed out as will the natural titanium so why stress out. I have owned many SS Rolexes and titanium Panerais (many times the price of an AW)and they developed a patina with scratches and age but it’s no big deal to have them reconditioned back to a showroom state. Just enjoy the watch......it will be technologically obsolete before it’s too ugly to wear as opposed to traditional Swiss type watches.
Consider it like an IPhone ......you will want a new one in a year or two anyway.

My AW S4 SBSS is near on perfect condition after two years... the sapphire glass is the most important part but didn't want anything that would mark very easily that couldn't be cleaned up (like the iP stainless steel silver case). It's likely to be kept for at least 3 years so being able to keep it looking reasonable is important.

I can't comment on the Alu hardiness but I do know that my AW5 natural Ti watch did have some scuff marks/scratches on it prior to selling. But I used a green scrubby type sponge and it removed it all; enough so that it got the full amount (flawless) from itsworthmore.com

This is good to know... thanks ??

davidholliday

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2017
I was so happy to get my new Space Black Ti watch today, I couldn’t resist doing a little fashion show with some of my favorite bands/straps.

Apple/Hermès Noir
9e974bf7ded6e24982b7f09fe0029816.jpg

California Poppy
acc816635b6cecaca9523a615456e523.jpg

Inverness Green - the sport loop I ordered with the watch
26b2a6bebe9c4d49cc7ea27cc43cfb92.jpg

Dark Red from ZenokLeather on Etsy (I totally love this one!)
a142675de105ab405a92a33eb3bf89d6.jpg

Space Black Milanese Loop. I’d been using this with reckless abandon on my Space Grey Aluminium watch for ages, being more careful after reading the comments here.
20dbc89cee50ded62acc5b2bcf1f8826.jpg

These watches are such fun

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Here is photo of my SS5 and SBTi side by side. And then a photo of my SS with spigen case in an attempt to convert to black look next to my SBTi. As you can see it does alter the size of watch by a tiny bit and although it looks good I prefer the naked look of the SBTi

oh boy I really can’t decide. Today the Graphite will arrive and the Ti in 2-3 weeks. I like booth looks..

Justin51

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2014
Here’s my new band and matching case for the 12 Pro..... Cypress Green! I like the combo and have yet to see someone post a pic of natural Ti with Cypress Green.

Attachments

• 29C68B7B-E40B-4962-BBF3-F180B2239F6C.jpeg
    29C68B7B-E40B-4962-BBF3-F180B2239F6C.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 957B54B5-86EC-4923-8D60-C4E5F3FC23B1.jpeg
    957B54B5-86EC-4923-8D60-C4E5F3FC23B1.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 235
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.