Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
In the US titanium watches are normally only available in “Flagship” Apple Stores, which are the larger stores in the busier more populated areas. The smaller Apple Stores don’t stock titanium watches. I’m not sure if it’s the same way in Germany at all, but if you are near a big city then I would look at the larger Apple Stores there as those would be the most likely ones to have them.

However, in the US it seems that all the Apple Stores, including the ones that don’t stock the titanium watches do still have titanium watches on display. So if you want to see one in person before you buy it then here, at least, you can go into any Apple Store to see the watch.

Thank you! I know the Munich Apple store has them but never asked if they have one for sale. Will ask on Saturday. Delivery still 6.11-13.11

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Thank you! I know the Munich Apple store has them but never asked if they have one for sale. Will ask on Saturday. Delivery still 6.11-13.11

Early November isn't too bad, depending on when you ordered.

I will say though that the choice of band had a dramatic effect on anticipated delivery dates.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I know but I hate waiting haha btw I have the new leather band in black

Yep, the leather link would've pushed the date out.

FWIW, my SBTi w/ cypress green sport band arrived three days earlier than the forecasted delivery window. YMMV.

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Yep, the leather link would've pushed the date out.

FWIW, my SBTi w/ cypress green sport band arrived three days earlier than the forecasted delivery window. YMMV.

nope with the cypress green sport band still the same shipping date. Same for the blue band

Brookstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Well i have to make a decision !! ..... natutal TI and SB TI turned up today ......extra sport bands in black & dark green ... both came with charge plug too .....but which watch do i keep ??!!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I haven't seen the black version and I'm biased because I have the natural but I say keep the natural. Every photo I've seen with different bands looks great but black pretty much matches everything except for brown. If you're looking to use brown leather bands roll with the natural. Otherwise just pull both out of the box and try them with the bands you have and decide which looks better.

Reactions: Brookstar

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I haven't seen the black version and I'm biased because I have the natural but I say keep the natural. Every photo I've seen with different bands looks great but black pretty much matches everything except for brown. If you're looking to use brown leather bands roll with the natural. Otherwise just pull both out of the box and try them with the bands you have and decide which looks better.

I think the SB Ti with brown leather looks really slick actually. I'm torn between Natural and SB though too.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I received my AW6 SB Titanium with Black Leather Link Band today. I am coming from a Stainless Steel S5 and had SS S4 before. It seems like the Titanium is a lot lighter than SS, but unsure if I like the look as much as SS. Maybe I should have gotten the Natural Titanium?

Apple did a great job with the Black Leather Link Band, as it is much easier to wear compared to the previous generation leather band. Feels like with the Leather Band and Titanium that I am wearing nothing compared to the SS.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
I had the same problem and ended up keeping both. For me the edge goes to natural Ti.

Really deep down I’m sure I prefer SS over all choices. The shiny gives it that I’m a real watch look to this electronic device. But I have had the SS5 for a year and want something different.
If I didn’t have the SS then my choice would DEFINITELY be the Ti natural. I love the look of the ss link bracelet with either choice: shiny ss or matte ti. Sorry in advance for the arm hairs lol!
Probably keep the SS5 and add the SB Ti tomorrow unless I just get blown away the natural Ti

Attachments

• A02027F3-BFBA-4703-9DCE-A604F1E43397.jpeg
    A02027F3-BFBA-4703-9DCE-A604F1E43397.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I received my 44mm Apple Watch Space Black Titanium.

It came with:

Leather Link Band (not really pleased with the leather link so far, looks very cheap.)
2 sizes of Grey Sports bands
1 Charging cable,
1 adapter (will remain in box)
1 the black hair connecting the two sports bands (edited, not a black hand, a HAIR)

Currently setting up, have not used it much, but it looks nice. It is definitely heaver than the AW3, but the physical size isn't much different.

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Wait, your watch came with a severed black hand? I’m pretty sure that was the result of an industrial accident on the assembly line. That is not supposed to be included.

Well it is almost Halloween, so maybe it was a holiday bonus item?

Now he'll be haunted by the ghost of Lefty...

Reactions: mikecwest

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I think the SB Ti with brown leather looks really slick actually. I'm torn between Natural and SB though too.

Last year I ordered a natural Ti with saddle leather loop. Very nice combination. I kept that band and sold the AW 5 and got a AW 6 natural, with graphite milanese loop. Those two bands along with a couple sport loops are my goto combinations.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Wait, your watch came with a severed black hand? I’m pretty sure that was the result of an industrial accident on the assembly line. That is not supposed to be included.

haha, that would be worse...it was a black HAIR...like a hair was laying across it when the factory children snapped in the watch band pieces, locking it in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.