Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ordered a SBTI 44mm on the 10th Oct with delivery the 28th Oct.... now marked as preparing to ship?!?

I selected the Ginger sports band. Our local Apple store hasn’t had these available to look at so hopefully I like it compared to the S4 SBSS I have at the moment... with luck it might not to be too much longer before I find out!

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I will soon have my AW6 natural titanium. I tried to talk myself out of Titanium but I couldn’t. It seems crazy to spend $300 more for a finish, but over a year, that’s less than a $1 a day. I love the way it looks. Very different to the Aluminium. I both hate and love the waiting. Hope to post pictures soon!
It’s my second natural Ti Apple Watch and I don’t think I want any other case. I’ve owned Space Black Stainless Steel, Silver Stainless Steel, Gray Ceramic and the natural Titanium. Without a doubt the natural Titanium is the best. I sold my previous 1 yr old Ti watch in almost perfect condition. It had a tiny scratch in one corner near the connector lug. Not noticeable when being worn and practically needing a jewelers loupe to see.

Last edited:

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
It’s my second natural Ti Apple Watch and I don’t think I want any other case. I’ve owned Space Black Stainless Steel, Silver Stainless Steel, Gray Ceramic and the natural Titanium. Without a doubt the natural Titanium is the best. I sold my previous 1 yr old Ti watch in almost perfect condition. It had a tiny scratch in one corner near the connector lug. Not noticeable when being worn and practically needing a jewelers loupe to see.
Noooooooooo........I really want to try a SBTi.........

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
My Natural Ti with Blue Braided Sport loop was shipped Oct 10th from China. Due to arrive in SoCal Oct 19th. Will see how UPS screws up this shipment.... I hate them so much. Why couldn't Apple have used FedEx for me? *sigh*

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
Noticed something a little odd on my series 6 SBTi today. Had the band out to rinse everything off after a workout and I noticed the little door that’s in the band slot for Apple to program the watch is a lighter color than the rest of the watch. Almost looks aluminum by comparison. Anyone else see that? I’m sure it hurts nothing, but I’m curious.

09a31a5ae41419c76ce6446ce16bb3e8.png

Noticed something a little odd on my series 6 SBTi today. Had the band out to rinse everything off after a workout and I noticed the little door that’s in the band slot for Apple to program the watch is a lighter color than the rest of the watch. Almost looks aluminum by comparison. Anyone else see that? I’m sure it hurts nothing, but I’m curious.

09a31a5ae41419c76ce6446ce16bb3e8.png
Did they miss the coating???

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I’m coming from a Series 4 SB SS and can’t decide if I should stick with the black again or go natural. I’ve gone through every page in this thread and still can’t make a decision, but at least I’ve decided on Ti this time around.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I’m coming from a Series 4 SB SS and can’t decide if I should stick with the black again or go natural. I’ve gone through every page in this thread and still can’t make a decision, but at least I’ve decided on Ti this time around.

I had SBSS and went with natural this time for something different. Couldn’t be happier, it’s beautiful, and I haven’t had any issues at all with scratching.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

I initially ordered the natural titanium but ended up buying a graphite SS that my local store had in stock because I gave my S5 away last year and wanted something on my wrist ASAP and the Ti was a couple of weeks out. I almost didn't open the box when it arrived because the graphite looked really good but figured what the heck, Apple will take it back either way.

I knew the moment I had it on my wrist that it was no contest. The titanium really needs to be seen in person before you make a decision.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
No, it’s actually more like they used the graphite door on the SBTi. Maybe they made them common this year. One color for both. Be curious to see if anyone else with a SBTi has the lighter colored door and if it’s just normal.

Little better picture in sunlight.

29fad1e30aa13903e13d7684078aa8c6.jpg

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Had the Nike 44 mm cellular since Release and already scratches in the screen. Now ordered the titanium one because I don’t like the SS. It will arrive between 5-12.11. hopefully sooner

Attachments

• 726BF93F-372C-4804-85F6-53843E3F7D2A.jpeg
    726BF93F-372C-4804-85F6-53843E3F7D2A.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: deeddawg

Blackbird77

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Tomorrow I finally pickup a Titanium S6.......I will decide which when I get to the store!

I have the SBTi, and I think you'll like it when you see it. It isn't shiny like my previous SS watch. It has more of a flat black look, but it's still very appealing. I got the SB SS band and it adds a very dressy look to the watch. Please let us know which Ti you decide on. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

Here's a picture for whatever it's worth.

1602713958224.jpeg

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
I have the SBTi, and I think you'll like it when you see it. It isn't shiny like my previous SS watch. It has more of a flat black look, but it's still very appealing. I got the SB SS band and it adds a very dressy look to the watch. Please let us know which Ti you decide on. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

Here's a picture for whatever it's worth.

View attachment 966673
I have a SB titanium S6 and seeing your photo I think I need to add a SB SS link band to my shopping list. Yours looks great. My main band at the moment is a Hermes black single tour leather with black buckle etc and I love it but no reason not to mix things up now and then. The link band is seriously expensive though, even more expensive than the Hermes, but ho-hum; I want one.

dkellermanns

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I have a SB titanium S6 and seeing your photo I think I need to add a SB SS link band to my shopping list. Yours looks great. My main band at the moment is a Hermes black single tour leather with black buckle etc and I love it but no reason not to mix things up now and then. The link band is seriously expensive though, even more expensive than the Hermes, but ho-hum; I want one.

Any chance you can post a picture?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Not sure how you feel about the idea but I found a knockoff link bracelet of Poshmark for $33. I honestly didn’t know it wasn’t authentic until I really dug in and found pictures to compare.

C94C712B-B082-4042-B798-D2635F026A20.jpeg

Blackbird77

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Not sure how you feel about the idea but I found a knockoff link bracelet of Poshmark for $33. I honestly didn’t know it wasn’t authentic until I really dug in and found pictures to compare.

View attachment 966722

That's a good looking band, and seems to be a great buy.

I'm anxious for the one below to be available in black and red. This picture is grey and red, but Juuk says they plan to have a black and red out by the end of this year or the first of next year.

1602727689389.png

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Never had A Titanium AW. Is it normal that you can't pick it up at an Apple Store? Nowhere in Germany it's available.

In the US titanium watches are normally only available in “Flagship” Apple Stores, which are the larger stores in the busier more populated areas. The smaller Apple Stores don’t stock titanium watches. I’m not sure if it’s the same way in Germany at all, but if you are near a big city then I would look at the larger Apple Stores there as those would be the most likely ones to have them.

However, in the US it seems that all the Apple Stores, including the ones that don’t stock the titanium watches do still have titanium watches on display. So if you want to see one in person before you buy it then here, at least, you can go into any Apple Store to see the watch.

Reactions: xxBlack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.