Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
Despite the overwhelming negativity in the scene, I am super excited for tomorrow! I get excited for many, many things, not just a redesigned back of a phone! Working in tech/software, I'm always excited to see not only the new products but how they sell them. Definitely looking forward to how they spin the alleged lack of headphone jack and how the gap between camera performance between the two size phones is (again allegedly) going to get even greater.

Last edited:

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Meh

Diluted by the Beats hype, it'll be good to get this over with.

Perhaps next year will be worth waiting for. Just like Apple makes customers wait years for features already incorporated by Samsung.

It's frustrating to see a company as good as Apple cruising along at half throttle.

Reactions: ceva321 and profmjh

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I'll be watching at 6pm here in the UK, I've got the week off work so hopefully pre-orders are announced for Friday :)

Reactions: lellis2k

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Yep, 8-4 today for me in the UK, home by 5:15 after a trip to the shop for a few cold ones, set up ATV and watch it through my 5.1 audio on a 55" :)

Not sure whether to go for 32 or 128 storage as 64 was perfect for me, but 32 is probably a little small given the 5-6gb used by the OS.

Also looking forward to seeing the (alleged) Apple Watch 2

Not long now folks :D:D:D

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yep, 8-4 today for me in the UK, home by 5:15 after a trip to the shop for a few cold ones, set up ATV and watch it through my 5.1 audio on a 55" :)

Not sure whether to go for 32 or 128 storage as 64 was perfect for me, but 32 is probably a little small given the 5-6gb used by the OS.

Also looking forward to seeing the (alleged) Apple Watch 2

Not long now folks :D:D:D

I'm going to see how pricing turns out, but if 128 or the 256 are the same prices as last years models, for example the 128 being the same as the 64 and the 256 being the same price as the 128 was last year, I'm going to have a difficult decision. I may get the 128 and save the £100 to put towards some new Beats or the premium Airpods if they are announced along side the new iPhone.

As for the Apple Watch 2, I'm happy with my current 1st gen, and from what we've been hearing, the 2nd gen won't be a major change. I do wonder if they will announce anything else at the event tho, They normally go on for around 2 hours, last years iPhone 6s event went on for 2:20, just talking about the Apple Watch 2, iPhone 7 and maybe some new earphones and headphones, probably wouldn't take up that much time.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
TODAY'S THE BIG DAY!! #AppleEvent.

I can't believe the wait is over. I'm so excited for all the new announcements. I'm going to scream in excitement!!

How are you feeling?

DanGoh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2014
Meh. Was really excited in 2014 for the iPhone 6 and know I'll be excited for the 2017 iPhone 7S/8 but I just feel like the 7 won't be a massive improvement over my 6 based on all the leaks. But maybe I'm wrong....

Reactions: starbright01

Xodd

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2009
I'm confident it's going to be out on the 16th. A friend of mine who works for one of the largest mobile retailer in the UK said it's scheduled for the 16th :)

Reactions: millydog
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.