Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2015
I took yesterday off, and am off today and tomorrow as well. I usually have trouble sleeping and focusing in the days leading up to and after the keynote.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Rose Gold 256GB iPhone 7+ with Apple AirPods

Reactions: Cutiekitty92

sinister184

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2014
These events are always when I'm at work. I find live blogs the best way to participate; I like Ars. Easy to go back and see what was said/posted when I actually have to work.

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

DSTOFEL

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
I took yesterday off, and am off today and tomorrow as well. I usually have trouble sleeping and focusing in the days leading up to and after the keynote.

With the money you're losing by taking 3 days off, you could have thrown in AppleCare to boot;--)

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
So many people here so excited. For what? A turn of the crank spec bump? A new way to plug in your headphones?

Frankly, I'm disappointed that Apple has such a weak release. There is nothing in this which would make me turn in my 6+. Where's the glitz?

Reactions: tkukoc and maxsix

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
I will be watching on my Apple TV in my home office. I made the mistake of scheduling a call at 230 pm EST (it starts at 1 pm EST for me). I hope the good stuff has been announced by that time.

Cheers,
Bobbie

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
So many people here so excited. For what? A turn of the crank spec bump? A new way to plug in your headphones?

Frankly, I'm disappointed that Apple has such a weak release. There is nothing in this which would make me turn in my 6+. Where's the glitz?

The camera on the iPhone 7 plus is going to be game changing, thats whats exciting my friend.

Reactions: JacksonCraig94

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
The camera on the iPhone 7 plus is going to be game changing, thats whats exciting my friend.

I bought the 6+ because of the image stabilization in the camera, and also because of the larger screen size. Both have been good. But the 6+ has counted for only 20 percent of the iphone6 sales in the US. Having a new camera is really just another incremental enhancement that will entice only a few buyers overall. How much better is the 7+ camera, really? I have to believe that the 6+ camera is "good enough" for almost everyone. I have been amazed at the quality of the pictures I've gotten with mine. To me, anyway, it doesn't make sense to shell out 800 bucks or so just to get a slightly upgraded camera, which honestly won't be a significant difference from the one I already have.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
I bought the 6+ because of the image stabilization in the camera, and also because of the larger screen size. Both have been good. But the 6+ has counted for only 20 percent of the iphone6 sales in the US. Having a new camera is really just another incremental enhancement that will entice only a few buyers overall. How much better is the 7+ camera, really? I have to believe that the 6+ camera is "good enough" for almost everyone. I have been amazed at the quality of the pictures I've gotten with mine. To me, anyway, it doesn't make sense to shell out 800 bucks or so just to get a slightly upgraded camera, which honestly won't be a significant difference from the one I already have.
Keep the iPhone 6S Plus.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH

Are you serious? You take 3 days off from work to watch an Apple keynote where the rumors point to a less than stellar upgrade than years past?

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

iClone

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2016
Las Vegas
I'll be Watching the live event and hanging out in the forms.

Do you guys get excited and dedicate the day to the event and the forms ?

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I'm more intrigued about the iPhone 7 than excited. I'm intrigued how they will handle the headphone jack issue, AirPods, the camera, the haptic feedback on the home button, the new color. And of course if there will be the new MacBook Pro announcement!

I think this video sums up the attitude from Apple towards it:

It feels like this update is purely a stepping stone to the redesign in 2017.

Made my day :)))) I have a question how many well-paid designers worked on black color for the new iPhone? :)

Reactions: Appleaker

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
6pm Uk time for me.

Like always I'll tune in to see what's given to us.

I buy my iPhones sim free.

Will I buy this one..... Not sure yet.

Having a bump in specs for the camera and an Apple Logo on the back ;) doesn't seal the deal.

Reactions: int79

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I'll be Watching the live event and hanging out in the forms.

Do you guys get excited and dedicate the day to the event and the forms ?
If it ever got to the point where I'd get hyper-excited over a product announcement, I'd like to be zapped with a utility line so I can have some sense knocked into me.

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I'm in the UK but will be at work so will have to wait till later.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I am excited about it, yet I'm virtually certain that I'm going to be disappointed. Having spent too much money on Apple products in the last 12 months, the only thing I might be interested in buying is the iPhone 7 since I'll be eligible for an upgrade in December. But there would need to be a materially new feature to make this worthwhile.

What I'm not looking forward to is the bizarre, cult-like nature of the keynote. Tim Cook not wholly convincingly announcing something that's really not that big a deal, that other companies probably did a year ago, while people faint in the aisles and others start chanting "santo subito".

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
If it ever got to the point where I'd get hyper-excited over a product announcement, I'd like to be zapped with a utility line so I can have some sense knocked into me.
I can't remember the last time I watched a product announcement keynote speech. I don't think I ever have. I've seen keynote speeches when I've been at the conference centre but watch one on TV? Nah! Get excited about it? Double nah. Plan my whole day around it?? You're having a giraffe.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere

It's what sells iPhones. Apple's uncanny skill at getting people whipped into a buying frenzy. Quite the accomplishment. Especially noticeable when the soon to be released model looks like a two year old iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.