Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
c7bcf706dd43a6fdd7aabc4c47f88e37.jpg

This is how I look right now at work

It's almost like cannibalism, using your Apple devices to look at the new devices that will replace them. I bet they get scared too, my phone always seems to work better after it has streamed the keynote.

humpstyles

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
a few questions:

1) does anyone have a live stream link or know where I could find one? I normally read the live comments here or at Giz, but would appreciate audio.

2) So event at 1:00PM EDT today, but when will preorder be? and when will they ship? Just am trying to plan ahead. Last I heard, preorder would be at 0300 EDT the following day. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

3) If the two new black colors are accurate, which will you go with? The space black or the glossy piano black? The piano black is mighty tempting.

4) If I am using ATT Next for the first time (coming off a standard 2 year subsidized plan for iPhone 6) and ATT's website shows that I am eligible for a ATT Next upgrade, will I be okay ordering through the Apple Store app?

Thx in advance.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
a few questions:

1) does anyone have a live stream link or know where I could find one? I normally read the live comments here or at Giz, but would appreciate audio.

2) So event at 1:00PM EDT today, but when will preorder be? and when will they ship? Just am trying to plan ahead. Last I heard, preorder would be at 0300 EDT the following day. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

3) If the two new black colors are accurate, which will you go with? The space black or the glossy piano black? The piano black is mighty tempting.

4) If I am using ATT Next for the first time (coming off a standard 2 year subsidized plan for iPhone 6) and ATT's website shows that I am eligible for a ATT Next upgrade, will I be okay ordering through the Apple Store app?

Thx in advance.

1. Apple.com livestreamed it last year if I recall.

2. Pre-orders are typically the Friday after the announcement at midnight pacific US time (so 12:00 on Thursday night, which is really start of Friday). But last year the preorders started on Saturday at midnite pacific time (late friday, so start of saturday). Typically they arrive a week later for sale. However last year we waited 2 weeks.

3. Don't know we will have to wait and see.

4. No clue.

humpstyles

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Thanks for the answers Noobinator. I'll check out the stream and go from there, as I'm sure they'll have the answers.

However, if anyone else could offer their advice on the ATT Next question, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to wake up at 2:50am to preorder and run into an otherwise avoidable problem.

iClone

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2016
Las Vegas
No. Neither will delivery. Instead this year Apple will have you download a Pokemon Go style app that you have to use to roam around the city trying to find your iPhone 7 that you ordered.
That would be awesome. Base model iPhone 7's would be everywhere, and getting a 256gb plus model would be like finding a Charizard

DSTOFEL

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
That would be awesome. Base model iPhone 7's would be everywhere, and getting a 256gb plus model would be like finding a Charizard
I'd be interested to hear this too. "If" I decide to go for one of the new 7's, I'm gonna go with the Apple Upgrade Plan (for the first time). Hopefully, I can sign up for this during pre-order....if it's possible and if I can figure out how to do it at 3am EST on Friday morning;--)

Edit: Oops...responded to the wrong post....meant to respond to Humpstyles

robertkarlsen

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
Halmstad, Sweden
Me aswell took this day off work! It starts 7pm in Sweden. I love them iPhone-keynotes. I'm having friends and family over, i made a blueberry pie and the best coffee money could buy!

This is my life! Apple is one-of-a-kind...even with the past years "antennagate", "bendgate" & "chipgate"...one of my friends tonight is a Samsung fanboy...well, since Samsungs "explodegate"...he's joining the good side tonight!

Viva la Apple!

I also do my own Keynote speech about half hour before the real event starts! People love it!

Reactions: int79

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Meh

Diluted by the Beats hype, it'll be good to get this over with.

Perhaps next year will be worth waiting for. Just like Apple makes customers wait years for features already incorporated by Samsung.

It's frustrating to see a company as good as Apple cruising along at half throttle.

It's true that Apple drags their feet when implementing features that other phones already are enjoying now...but when all is said and done, I have to say that the iPhone still tops the list (for many) in terms of overall usability.

Ymmv of course.

humpstyles

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
I had a friend who thrived on Samsung, ended up getting the iPhone 6 Plus and never turned back.

My girlfriend has had a Note 4 since I met her and its performance has been getting worse by the week. After sticking up for Android and Samsung for over a year, the recent Note 7 fiasco opened her up more to switching over to a 7+, and then showing her iOS 10 iMessage features basically sealed the deal.

My girlfriend has had a Note 4 since I met her and its performance has been getting worse by the week. After sticking up for Android and Samsung for over a year, the recent Note 7 fiasco opened her up more to switching over to a 7+, and then showing her iOS 10 iMessage features basically sealed the deal.

Well of course iMessage sealed the deal, it's what kept me from rolling back to iOS 9 :p Cheers.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I work in nursing on a rotating schedule and just happened to be off today and tomorrow and have no classes so I get to sit and relax with a cup of coffee while watching.

The wife has a 6s (after her 6 found a watery grave while tubing a couple of months back) but she's pretty tech illiterate so we'll have to see how she feels about watching when she gets home from her exams.

I'm not 100% convinced I want to upgrade but I got frustrated with my jailbreak and missed my Apple Watch so recently upgraded back to 10 beta. I'm also on the Apple Upgrade Program so I'm running out of reasons to hold back.

Anyway, I'm pumped. 2 hours, 21 minutes and counting!

Reactions: Jetcat3 and iClone
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.