Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I talked to the Apple Support in the meantime. It seems my issue is solved (at least for now) with the workaround they provided.
I had to remove one of my saved fingers from the touchID and re-added it again. Now it seems to be working again without any issues.

That sounds like an excellent workaround.

I guess I should upgrade then.

Dj Rated R

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2022
I talked to the Apple Support in the meantime. It seems my issue is solved (at least for now) with the workaround they provided.
I had to remove one of my saved fingers from the touchID and re-added it again. Now it seems to be working again without any issues.
This still won't work. Im sure it will do it again. Its a bug Apple needs to fix. The problem is people mostly close their lid. Leave it open for a couple of hours let the Mac go to sleep for a few minutes then use the Touch ID button and repeat over again the same process. Please report back.

Reactions: tCC_

Dj Rated R

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2022
I upgraded to 12.1 and then I redid my fingers for Touch ID. We'll see if I run into it.

That update took a long time.
Ive tried that way and it still did it. It stop once I downgraded. I will say Touch ID seems slower on the old firmware.

rcma

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2012
This still won't work. Im sure it will do it again. Its a bug Apple needs to fix. The problem is people mostly close their lid. Leave it open for a couple of hours let the Mac go to sleep for a few minutes then use the Touch ID button and repeat over again the same process. Please report back.
I did run into this problem, as I usually leave my lid open and let the Mac go to sleep for +15 min. After doing the workaround as described I did not run into these problems anymore. Maybe it will occur again after some time, but as of today it's working fine.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I ran into it. I left the lid open last night. So I just pushed down on the button instead of touching it and the laptop came on.

tCC_

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2016
DO NOT UPGRADE THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE WITH 12.2. APPLE NEEDS TO GET THERE S--- TOGETHER. 2,500 MAC SMH
It's so stupid not to update macOS and if 1 thing isn't holding me back is that useless fingerprint problem

Dj Rated R

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2022
It's so stupid not to update macOS and if 1 thing isn't holding me back is that useless fingerprint problem
Yes the sad part we reported this problem and Apple won't listen. Im sure Apple will say its hardware smh.

iamutkarshtiwari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2017
I bet by the time they received reports from customers regarding this TouchId issue, they were already testing 12.2 release candidate so didn't ship the fix as hotfix because this issue is not blocking user in anyway. It's just a trivial annoyance that only some users face based on their habit of leaving lid open on sleep.

They may ship it in the next release cycle, I think.

Dj Rated R

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2022
I bet by the time they received reports from customers regarding this TouchId issue, they were already testing 12.2 release candidate so didn't ship the fix as hotfix because this issue is not blocking user in anyway. It's just a trivial annoyance that only some users face based on their habit of leaving lid open on sleep.

They may ship it in the next release cycle, I think.
Right. See the problem is most close the lid so its not there.

iamutkarshtiwari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2017
Today, I upgraded to Monterey 12.3 beta to test out Universal Control.
Turns out, they have fixed the touch ID issue as well.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
i said that the issue "its not fixed in 12.3". i didnt say touchid is not working. 2 different things.
To be more clear, yes, "it's still buggy".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.