Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doobry

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
kinda annoyed they removed the sim tray, I use a 3rd party sim from my employer for testing and it doesn't support euicc, so a big reason for upgrading has been taken away from me and I gave up on the order.. So now I'm going to wait for first reviews from you lot before buying a mifi and the new iPad;) Somehow I don't think stock will be an issue.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Anyone order not showing in the app

IMG_1334.jpeg

Reactions: Tybull

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Education discount is a flat £100 no matter the screen or storage size. The more you spend the less you save.
Yep, they give all the promotional material about caring for Students, and now limit the discount rate..

…there was absolutely no reason for them to do this, other than hold onto more profit.

Well done Apple..well done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosties

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Did you check out with Apple Pay via Safari? If you go to orders and lookup your order it gives you the option to sync to your Apple ID. Same issue here
I am just getting the following message

Your order cannot be viewed on the Apple Store app. Please view your order details on apple.com.

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
Went backwards and forwards between 11" and 13" and decided to go for 11" as I currently use an 11" iPad and that seams to work fine for my usage. I didn't bother with the Magic Keyboard as it isn't a replacement for my MacBook - I use my current ipad for drawing, note taking and general simple computing (m4 definitely overkill for email!). Ordered the new pencil pro too which sounds a great upgrade to my current apple pencil. All in all it should be a nice upgrade to my 2018 iPad Pro.

Separately I've ordered the rebound magnetic case from ESR along with Armorite screen protectors as my 11" iPad is the only apple product I've ever broken the screen on though the Armorite screen protector did it's job on my iPhone when I fell over (walking across a pitch black car park and fell over a raised curb that I didn't see - iPhone went about 30 feet face down but only the screen protector and case were scratched). With the 15% discount you get for signing up to them the total came to £35.78, so just over the £33 minimum for free postage.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
I am just getting the following message

Your order cannot be viewed on the Apple Store app. Please view your order details on apple.com.
My is showing in both the app and Apple Store website in Safari. Might be worth using Apple chat as they've been helpful to me in the past when I've had the occasional ordering issue, though might be a bit busy at the moment.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
My is showing in both the app and Apple Store website in Safari. Might be worth using Apple chat as they've been helpful to me in the past when I've had the occasional ordering issue, though might be a bit busy at the moment.
I am sure it sort itself out at some point, it’s ordered either way

Reactions: johnyslats

varun14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
UK Edu Discounts
Any iPad Pro £100 off
Any Pencil £10 off
Keyboard £20 off
AppleCare+ £20 off
Smart Folio £0 off

It's quite a joke lol. Especially to give £20 off a keyboard worth 300£, they're better off not giving anything rather than reducing it by a measly £20. Quite insulting lol.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
I wonder when we'll see the carriers or other retailers like Currys or John Lewis update - anyone got any educated guesses?

Reactions: madmads

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
What cases are peeps getting out of interest
I've gone for an ESR rebound magnetic case though will probably end up getting something else later. Only thing I would add is the Zugu cases are nice but they just don't last. They are also quite expensive at about £67 for the 11" and £76 for the 13", so gets quite expensive if you have to replace them after a couple of years.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
£465 trade in which is more than Music Magpie so thats a simpler route. would have preferred not replacing the keyboard but I managed to make this one last two updates and its slowly falling apart so not the end of the world.

If I really have to get a new pencil at least the cost isn’t too bad but thats a dumb move by Apple
IS that trade in with Apple?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Ordered the 11" WiFi with 256GB. Still wondering about the 13". Would like to see how light it is. That said, I still think the 11" is the best option as I think iPad's are portable devices and my 12.9 just sits on my office desk. We'll see...

Reactions: OldRhodie

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
I ordered the silver iPad Pro with the black keyboard. I’m having second thoughts though as I noticed the camera array isn’t black like before so may look a bit weird.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the colour after you order? I can’t seem to see it.

Has anyone ordered this colour combo?

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
I ordered the silver iPad Pro with the black keyboard. I’m having second thoughts though as I noticed the camera array isn’t black like before so may look a bit weird.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the colour after you order? I can’t seem to see it.

Has anyone ordered this colour combo?

This may help? Though it doesn't help show you what the camera looks like at the back.

Tough one for that choice I think.

Reactions: Tybull
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.