Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
My first ever Apple Watch I was not able to order straight away managed to get online at about 8:30 last night. I decide to go for the graphite stainless steel and got a delivery date of 20th October bit of a bummer now I am seeing you all expecting it Friday.
But I cannot do anything about it so it will be a long month!

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
First time buying a Milanese Loop.

SSAW.png

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
BEWARE CURRYS - May not see that watch until 2023. Woefully bad at their pre-orders for Apple an often promise launch delivery with little to no sign and support.

I second this. If you want speedy delivery opt for Very or John Lewis.

Got a launch day delivery with Very a few years back and buy now pay later.

Hopefully they will get some stock tomorrow.

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
Keeping it simple here, borderline boring by comparison to some of the more flamboyant options above! 😂

I bought my first AW (an S3) only recently for health tracking & to see whether I liked it or not ahead of S6, minimal financial loss whether I eBay it now or just pass along in the family. Had to go out last night so missed the Special Event broadcast, so got to it all a bit late.

Much as I like the idea of the Solo Loop one-piece stretchy band, I'm still alternating a lot between fourth & fifth hole on current Sport Band whilst I get used to it, so I'm not sure I can live with a single size every day.

IMG_4039.jpeg

Reactions: Fried_Gold

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Keeping it simple here, borderline boring by comparison to some of the more flamboyant options above! ?

I bought my first AW (an S3) only recently for health tracking & to see whether I liked it or not ahead of S6, minimal financial loss whether I eBay it now or just pass along in the family. Had to go out last night so missed the Special Event broadcast, so got to it all a bit late.

Much as I like the idea of the Solo Loop one-piece stretchy band, I'm still alternating a lot between fourth & fifth hole on current Sport Band whilst I get used to it, so I'm not sure I can live with a single size every day.

Good choice. I mean, it's personal opinion, but I think I prefer the sports bands over than the loops. I have tiny wrists and use the third hole in the mornings but in the evenings I find it's getting too tight and drop it down to the fourth hole. Not quite sure what's happening with my wrists during the day. ?

The new sports loops have a nice, clean look and it looks like they're going to replace the bands from what I can see on the store. The cynic in me is telling me, however, that the loops are a cost-saver for Apple. No need to ship an extra smaller/larger strap in box and I'm sure the loops are cheaper and easier to manufacturer without the metal pin.

Reactions: ct2k7

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Good choice. I mean, it's personal opinion, but I think I prefer the sports bands over than the loops. I have tiny wrists and use the third hole in the mornings but in the evenings I find it's getting too tight and drop it down to the fourth hole. Not quite sure what's happening with my wrists during the day. ?

The new sports loops have a nice, clean look and it looks like they're going to replace the bands from what I can see on the store. The cynic in me is telling me, however, that the loops are a cost-saver for Apple. No need to ship an extra smaller/larger strap in box and I'm sure the loops are cheaper and easier to manufacturer without the metal pin.
They’re not a replacement to the bands. In fact Apple debuted 5 new colours for the Sport Loop yesterday.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
This hasn’t happened to me - very strange!

I’ve two watches coming, one this Friday and the other on the 29th (was 25-29th). I’ll likely return the stainless steel that I get in favour of them Titanium that’s coming later, but we’ll see. I liked the SS SG AW4 I have but I’m gifting it to my parents.

Reactions: N1cBr

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Mine's still preparing to ship with 24-28th Sept for delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 18.39.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 18.39.46.png
    745.5 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: N1cBr

George Ambler

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Mine has slipped to 28th. Credit card been charged. Said 24th - 26th when placing the order. Hopefully comes quicker

Attachments

• EFA7E282-4484-453A-9631-700E90AFA360.jpeg
    EFA7E282-4484-453A-9631-700E90AFA360.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 227
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.