Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcticmonkeys

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
So i spoke to Apple chat just to check. Apple Chat assured me that everything was ok for Friday and "worry not, everything is running smoothly". If it doesn't arrive, then a phone call with a bollocking will follow :)
View attachment 961061
This chat looks almost like the one I had today with the German Apple support ? Except that in my case there has not yet been any overseas shipping, as shipping is scheduled for this Thursday. So if the order arrives on Friday, it can’t come from that far away. ?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
This chat looks almost like the one I had today with the German Apple support ? Except that in my case there has not yet been any overseas shipping, as shipping is scheduled for this Thursday. So if the order arrives on Friday, it can’t come from that far away. ?
Yeah but the DHL status hasn't changed from the shipping notice so i don't think its arrived in Europe yet.

jfim88

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Spain
Finally!

Just got a text from DHL. Delivery Thursday 1st. No movement in the tracking, still Eindhoven. Just added delivery date.

Order 23rd. Shipped 25th.

Reactions: arcticmonkeys

arcticmonkeys

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah but the DHL status hasn't changed from the shipping notice so i don't think its arrived in Europe yet.
I was actually speaking about my order, which supposedly arrives on Friday (but hasn't shipped yet). ?
In your case I would also guess, that your AW hasn't arrived in Europe yet, but there is still a chance that it will be delivered in time.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I was actually speaking about my order, which supposedly arrives on Friday (but hasn't shipped yet). ?
In your case I would also guess, that your AW hasn't arrived in Europe yet, but there is still a chance that it will be delivered in time.
Well that what Apple have told me. They still say the 2nd.
[automerge]1601401513[/automerge]
Finally!

Just got a text from DHL. Delivery Thursday 1st. No movement in the tracking, still Eindhoven. Just added delivery date.

Order 23rd. Shipped 25th.
Nice. So you have jumped ahead of me. I am still waiting for that text :)

Reactions: jfim88

jfim88

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Spain
And now tracking updated.

03567b0cf50c2e0362be0dcaf03598a8.jpg

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Got the DHL text. Delivery date jumped from Friday to tomorrow! Tracking also updated but still has it in Amesterdam? From Holland to my door in less than 24 hours? Hmmm.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I hope so! I don’t mind waiting but not this long :confused:
Well I ordered in the evening on Monday 21st and had a delivery date of 28th October. The next day, the date changed to 6-8th October. The next day the status changed to Preparing to ship and then the next day it changed to shipped with a delivery date of the 2nd October. That was last thursday and now its being delivered tomorrow - 30th September

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I decided against buying from Apple in UAE and instead upgrading through EE. I use the data on my Watch a lot without my phone, and EE's £7.00 "Data Plan" is capped whereas it's unlimited when the Watch is purchased from them too!

Here's my experience:

I opted for the Graphite Stainless Steel 44mm. I pre-ordered on release date via telephone - their online order/upgrade process insists on texting a validation code to the internal EE number associated with the Watch on my account which obviously the end-user cannot access. Sigh!

I was initially told by the Advisor that I should expect to receive the Watch within 24 hours. In typical EE fashion, I didn't receive any such order confirmation. I wasn't expecting to receive the Watch on release day anyway - but contacted EE to at least request an order confirmation as I saw Tweets with some initial orders being cancelled due to a system glitch.

I was told 24 hours was incorrect for this particular model, but to instead allow up to 7 days. 7 days have been and gone. No update from EE. On their forums, Twitter and telephone support - they keep repeating the same line that they are awaiting stock from their supplier and to check the DPD app. Oh, dear!

I'm surprised given EE's a preferred partner with Apple etc., that they aren't being allocated stock based on orders and that they seemingly have no indication of when they may receive stock.
A mobile network ****ing up device deliveries? I don't believe it!

Reactions: PineappleSorbet

S3bast1an

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020

tell me if you get it on Friday. Mine is still saying 1-8 oct still in Process.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
So the DHL flight from Leipzig landed at 11.15 UK time and it’s still apparently due to arrive today? Is that actually possible??

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
So the DHL flight from Leipzig landed at 11.15 UK time and it’s still apparently due to arrive today? Is that actually possible??
My DHL tracking still shows that it hasn't left Leipzig. Doesn't the crates have to be sent to individual DHL delivery offices and then loaded on the vans. I think the delivery vans are loaded early up in the mornings.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 07.56.33.png

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Interestingly my order on the Apple website has updated to the 30th so they must think that it will still be delivered today.....although having now spoken to Apple, they say the delivery date is being revised back to the 2nd October according to their internal systems I think there is an issue at Leipzig as DHL tracking hasn't changed but the delivery date says today. Everything seems messed up.

Last edited:

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Yeah I’ve got no idea either. Apple website now says coming soon. Tracking states it’s still in the Midlands but delivery today.

ACE9FD03-12A5-4C7F-9192-8B4AFBDE8E8E.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.