Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomberry

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Glasgow
Just had mine delivered by DHL. Unfortunately despite following the instructions for sizing carefully my solo loop is too big. Time to start the return process for the strap ?

Reactions: George Dawes

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Hi all, just an update. Due to Apple taking too long to deliver I bought one from Amazon and it came the next day. Finally today my original order came from Apple which I refused at the door.

For anyone wondering how this process works. I got an email 10 minutes later from DHL to acknowledge that it has been refused at the door and would be returned. I went on to Apple chat and they advised the refund will now be processed (didn't need to do the Apple chat bit but wanted to as a double confirmation and downloaded the chat transcript at the end).

Much easier than accepting the delivery and having to process the return yourself in your own time.

Reactions: jfim88

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Hi all, just an update. Due to Apple taking too long to deliver I bought one from Amazon and it came the next day. Finally today my original order came from Apple which I refused at the door.

For anyone wondering how this process works. I got an email 10 minutes later from DHL to acknowledge that it has been refused at the door and would be returned. I went on to Apple chat and they advised the refund will now be processed (didn't need to do the Apple chat bit but wanted to as a double confirmation and downloaded the chat transcript at the end).

Much easier than accepting the delivery and having to process the return yourself in your own time.
Cool. Always useful to know. Thanks

WDM83

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
Ordered mine as soon as they were available on launch day, got the shipped notification on the 18th and it has sat in the Eindhoven ether ever since. Had a delivery date of last Friday from Apple but DHL still had it as awaiting to arrive to them. Apple confirmed all was ok but a slight delay and it would be delivered today. Still no tracking update so spoke to Apple today who said DHL have had the watch since the 18th (if you believe that) and no one knows where it is or when it will arrive. They are investigating but warned it would be 48 hours (at the earliest) before I heard anything ☹️ This will be my first Apple Watch so the experience is not off to the best start. Fingers crossed for some movement soon

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Ordered mine as soon as they were available on launch day, got the shipped notification on the 18th and it has sat in the Eindhoven ether ever since. Had a delivery date of last Friday from Apple but DHL still had it as awaiting to arrive to them. Apple confirmed all was ok but a slight delay and it would be delivered today. Still no tracking update so spoke to Apple today who said DHL have had the watch since the 18th (if you believe that) and no one knows where it is or when it will arrive. They are investigating but warned it would be 48 hours (at the earliest) before I heard anything ☹ This will be my first Apple Watch so the experience is not off to the best start. Fingers crossed for some movement soon
Thats terrible. First thing Apple should do is send you an express replacement and request that DHL send your missing order back to them.

Reactions: jayvn7

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
Hi, my delivery is with UPS which up until this morning was going quite smoothly and had a delivery date of 29th Sept. My watch arrived at Koeln Germany last night but the tracking this morning has changed to shipment delayed, delivery to be rescheduled so I now have no delivery dates on either Apple or UPS. Has anybody else had this with their delivery via UPS and if so how long was it before it was on the move again? Thanks.

JamesSinger94

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Been following this thread for a while, brilliant seeing everyone getting their new watches!

Anyone ordered from EE? Seems to be a bit of a joke... pre-ordered a 44MM Graphite SS as soon as EE had them available, still not had any despatch notification. Have contacted them a couple of times, was told it would be last Monday then told it would be last Wednesday/Thursday... don't really have the patience to give them a shout again :(

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
I ordered via Amazon and it came the next day, super happy! Only issue is that it came with the sports strap and I’m after the solo loop. Hopefully online availability will improve soon.

glittersparkles

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
London
Been following this thread for a while, brilliant seeing everyone getting their new watches!

Anyone ordered from EE? Seems to be a bit of a joke... pre-ordered a 44MM Graphite SS as soon as EE had them available, still not had any despatch notification. Have contacted them a couple of times, was told it would be last Monday then told it would be last Wednesday/Thursday... don't really have the patience to give them a shout again :(

Yes, I ordered a 44mm gold series 6 as soon as it allowed me to on 17/09 and got a confirmation email, waited 8 days then called them and they said it had been cancelled but now i have another email, with the same order number and still no dispatch even though I was told one day. 11 days and counting so far.. I’ve spoken to so many advisors and they each say something different.

• Sad
Reactions: JamesSinger94

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
My watch got to Inverness at 0930 but hasn’t moved since. I think I missed the van to my place.

should be delivered tomorrow though

e2783e2783

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
Im got my Apple Watch Series 6 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Graphite Stainless Steel Case with Black Solo Loop - Size 11,ordered 15 September 2020, like promised from Apple by DHL today (afternoon). Even the Solo Loop fits perfect.

WDM83

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
Text received from DHL saying express delivery due tomorrow, online tracking still not updated so fingers crossed the text is accurate ????

BrianA787

macrumors member
May 2, 2015
Surrey, UK
Finally got my watch today. All setup and just about to package the old one for trade in. Solo loop band also fitted well so no problem. Upgraded from a series 4 and loving the always on display. Feels nippier as well. I also like the new graphite colour of the stainless steel, it’s like a dark silver, definitely lighter than the space black. A nice change.

Hope everyone else’s order goes well.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Good to see a lot of deliveries happening!

My partner has just had her 40mm Product Red delivered, scheduled date. She had a bit of a scare as it went on hold earlier in the day. I suggested she badger them and it seemed to do the trick. Turned up almost past our bedtime at 19.45!

The driver said he’s way behind on deliveries and still had a few left for today.

I’m on day 5 of ‘Shipment information received’. Could’ve walked to Amsterdam and picked it up myself by now!

WDM83

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
Was your expected delivery date the 29th of September?
It was the 25th and then that changed to arriving soon at the end of the 25th after it wasn’t delivered. Still no update on tracking just says waiting to receive item

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Good to see a lot of deliveries happening!

My partner has just had her 40mm Product Red delivered, scheduled date. She had a bit of a scare as it went on hold earlier in the day. I suggested she badger them and it seemed to do the trick. Turned up almost past our bedtime at 19.45!

The driver said he’s way behind on deliveries and still had a few left for today.

I’m on day 5 of ‘Shipment information received’. Could’ve walked to Amsterdam and picked it up myself by now!
Yeah on my fifth day as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.