Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Probably because Amazon have a stock of watches in the UK. Never the less, its poor service from Apple as they are responsible for ensuring your watch gets to you and they should be chasing the delivery in the interest of the customer. Apple Chat sucks and can only do basic stuff. I would speak to their customer services as they have access to DHL internal tracking. You are the customer, so let them do the work.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Probably because Amazon have a stock of watches in the UK. Never the less, its poor service from Apple as they are responsible for ensuring your watch gets to you and they should be chasing the delivery in the interest of the customer. Apple Chat sucks and can only do basic stuff. I would speak to their customer services as they have access to DHL internal tracking. You are the customer, so let them do the work.
Yeah i was very disappointed to be honest. I could have probably ordered and received my watch from Amazon early last week. I told Apple chat that I didn't agree with having to chase such an expensive purchase myself and that I would just refuse it at the door rather than have to use my own time and effort sending it back.

Reactions: George Dawes

jayvn7

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
I ordered a silver SS from Apple last Friday and it was due to come Friday just gone. Tracking changed to delayed with DHL and it now has no delivery date. Apple chat were unable to clarify or help in any way and suggested I contact DHL myself to chase (thanks Apple).

Meanwhile I went onto Amazon yesterday and ordered a second silver SS which came today so I will be refusing Apples delivery whenever it decides to show up! Amazing how Amazon were able to deliver Apples new watch far quicker and more efficiently than Apple could.

Is refusing delivery a safe return option? Only reason I ask is because my sister did sorta the same as you, ordered a watch then changed her mind design wise and ordered another. The original watch she no longer wants is due to turn up on Tuesday, Apple told her she could refuse the delivery on the door but she said when she looked into it people didn't recommend doing so and she said the main advice was to accept then return via UPS instead.

Obviously it's a bit more of a convenient method for her if she does refuse it, but as she's relying on the refund money from watch A to cover watch B she doesn't want to risk/compromise that if the process isn't so secure (tracked?) as a collection would be. Interested to hear any thoughts around it if you've done it before?

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Is refusing delivery a safe return option? Only reason I ask is because my sister did sorta the same as you, ordered a watch then changed her mind design wise and ordered another. The original watch she no longer wants is due to turn up on Tuesday, Apple told her she could refuse the delivery on the door but she said when she looked into it people didn't recommend doing so and she said the main advice was to accept then return via UPS instead.

Obviously it's a bit more of a convenient method for her if she does refuse it, but as she's relying on the refund money from watch A to cover watch B she doesn't want to risk/compromise that if the process isn't so secure (tracked?) as a collection would be. Interested to hear any thoughts around it if you've done it before?
I haven't done it before but heard of lots of people who have. I also plan to ask the delivery guy for some sort of proof. Then once done I will go straight on Apple chat to arrange the refund.

Basically my way of thinking is that I will have never physically received the item by doing it this way.

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
My watch is now in the East Midlands. Would have to be in Glasgow by 0600 tomorrow if it was to get to me.

I don’t think it will move much now to be honest. Happy to see it in the U.K. though.

Richardlench

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016

that’s what I thought, too. Apple told me to refuse the delivery but I said no. Firstly, it’s contactless delivery so where’s the proof I refused it. It’s way too easy for it go missing on the way back to Apple. It’s essentially an untraced return. Best thing to do is sign for it, and return it through the correct channels

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
that’s what I thought, too. Apple told me to refuse the delivery but I said no. Firstly, it’s contactless delivery so where’s the proof I refused it. It’s way too easy for it go missing on the way back to Apple. It’s essentially an untraced return. Best thing to do is sign for it, and return it through the correct channels
Just ask for proof or take a photo of his device with your phone. Should be dead straightforward and take no more than 2 minutes.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I think its too messy and risky to refuse the delivery. I would accept the watch and arrange for an immediate UPS return or take it to an Apple store if you have one near by

jayvn7

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020

That was exactly our thinking too, it seems far too easy for it to just go missing in the system.

Thanks for all the responses everyone, I think she's best doing it the UPS way.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
E59EDCFC-84B0-4D99-B44A-94B734F96F3A_1_201_a.jpeg
Saddle brown leather loop with SS link bracelet coming on Tuesday.

Reactions: petev and Davelfc

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
My estimated delivery date at DHL is still showing as unavailable so I'm hoping that it'll get updated in the morning and be out for delivery tomorrow. It's at the local depot which is only about half an hour away from me.

BrianA787

macrumors member
May 2, 2015
Surrey, UK
Interesting, mine went to Heathrow when it was due to go to Gatwick Last night. At 3am they moved it to Gatwick, lol. Should be good for delivery today, the last day of the original delivery window from Apple.

Richardlench

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Is there a way to track dhl once it’s out for delivery? “By End Of Day” is incredibly vague and I don’t want to miss it

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Is there a way to track dhl once it’s out for delivery? “By End Of Day” is incredibly vague and I don’t want to miss it
UPS can give you a one hour window and you can track the truck on a map counting down the stops before yours. Not sure about DHL though. You might have to keep the front door open and remain within earshot of the door.

Harlandos

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
Anyone know what happens if I try to restore from a watchOS version that’s more recent, i,e backup made on 7.0.1, restore to watch on watchOS 7.0.0?

I've had to do this. My SS S4 was on 7.0.1 and the SS S6 7.0. Therefore, the app backs up the S4 and keeps it ready to build from back up.

However, when you look for it after setting up the S6, you won't see it.

To enable a create as backup, you need to set the S6 up as a new watch. Then run the update, then unpair. (you will now have a clone of the S6 in your back up's). Then set up again from back up and choose the S4 (in my case).

Works fine.

Reactions: ct2k7

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
My watch has departed a facility in Aberdeen. I don’t think it will make it to me today. I imagine it will go to Inverness and then down to me tomorrow.

I’ll keep checking though

lolling

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
Canterbury, England
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.34.49.png

Ordered mine on 26th Sept, probably because of the solo loop, the ETA suggests it could be as late as November... Hopefully it won't actually be this late, fingers crossed.

bigpika

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
Scotland
Does anyone who has used Apple trade in have any idea what date you have valid for 14 days?
I ordered my watch on the 18th they processed and sent out my trade in pack on the 22nd and I received it on Friday the 25th. It does say in the email 14 days from when you receive it but I’m no sure what date I have 14 days from. Just trying to judge how long am going to be without a watch as my new isn’t due till the 8th of October.

GreggyDoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Mine is at DHL's Birmingham delivery facility. It's due to arrive today so I am eagerly awaiting to get the update letting me know that it is out for delivery. I imagine it may already be out for delivery though. According to the tracking, it took approximately 14 minutes for DHL to fly it from Brussels to East Midlands, so either DHL have some secret breakthrough advancements in logistical aviation, or their tracking system is not entirely accurate or up to date. Fingers crossed it arrives soon!

Chunk72

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
Durham, UK
Deep joy mine is now on hold at the local delivery depot. Originally had the 24th - 28th time frame, narrowed down to 28th, was due for delivery by end of day today, and I just noticed it has changed to Arrives Tomorrow on the Apple Store app. Cheeky buggers - I will be chasing them to get the AppleCare+ date amended.

It has gone from Eindhoven > Brussels > East Midlands > Newcastle over the weekend

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.