Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
It's being delivered this morning by DPD - a day early !!!

Amazing :)

Bought several bands of varying types and sizes from Apple / Amazon just in case...

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

GreggyDoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Well I was supposed to get mine yesterday. Waited all day until I got a message from DHL saying that the delivery failed because the premises was closed. Absolute nonsense. Saw no DHL van come close to the premises. Asked for it to be redirected to a pickup locker instead. Hopefully will finally get it today. I hope I don’t get DHL again with future orders.

Reactions: George Dawes

PineappleSorbet

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Worcestershire, U.K.
I decided against buying from Apple in UAE and instead upgrading through EE. I use the data on my Watch a lot without my phone, and EE's £7.00 "Data Plan" is capped whereas it's unlimited when the Watch is purchased from them too!

Here's my experience:

I opted for the Graphite Stainless Steel 44mm. I pre-ordered on release date via telephone - their online order/upgrade process insists on texting a validation code to the internal EE number associated with the Watch on my account which obviously the end-user cannot access. Sigh!

I was initially told by the Advisor that I should expect to receive the Watch within 24 hours. In typical EE fashion, I didn't receive any such order confirmation. I wasn't expecting to receive the Watch on release day anyway - but contacted EE to at least request an order confirmation as I saw Tweets with some initial orders being cancelled due to a system glitch.

I was told 24 hours was incorrect for this particular model, but to instead allow up to 7 days. 7 days have been and gone. No update from EE. On their forums, Twitter and telephone support - they keep repeating the same line that they are awaiting stock from their supplier and to check the DPD app. Oh, dear!

I'm surprised given EE's a preferred partner with Apple etc., that they aren't being allocated stock based on orders and that they seemingly have no indication of when they may receive stock.

Reactions: George Dawes

iDunc

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
UK
After ordering on 17th and seeing zero movement on the order, I finally got a shipping notification this morning with delivery still set for 8th October. Still fingers crossed for an earlier delivery..

plittlemore

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Cambridge, UK
I ordered a Graphite SS 44 on 23rd, at the time of ordering I was shown 30 Sept - 7 Oct delivery window, so far still in processing, no despatch notification. Hoping things move soon.

Reactions: jayvn7

jfim88

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Spain
I ordered a Graphite SS 44 on 23rd, at the time of ordering I was shown 30 Sept - 7 Oct delivery window, so far still in processing, no despatch notification. Hoping things move soon.

I also ordered a Graphite SS 44 with sport band on 23rd. It was shipped with DHL the night from 24th to 25th bit it’s Shipping info received since then. Estimated delivery in web is Oct 6.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I also ordered a Graphite SS 44 with sport band on 23rd. It was shipped with DHL the night from 24th to 25th bit it’s Shipping info received since then. Estimated delivery in web is Oct 6.
The shipping info won't for another day or two at the earliest. A 5/6 day wait at Eindhoven without updates seems the norm

Reactions: jfim88

jayvn7

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
Mine has the Graphite Milanese Loop - guess this must be the hold up on mine.

I ordered the Gold SS on the 22nd with the same (gold) Milanese loop and I was also shown a 2-7th Oct delivery window, which later jumped to the 2nd but I'm also still in processing with no movement. You could be right - maybe the band is the holdup on ours

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
I should have refused it, instead I thought I was clever by requesting a return and printing a label, then taking it to the nearest UPS drop off point.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 13.02.55.png

This just happened, how long was I asleep last night?

• Wow
Reactions: limesmoothie

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Just had the email that my watch has arrived. I cannot wait to finish work now.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
After ordering on 17th and seeing zero movement on the order, I finally got a shipping notification this morning with delivery still set for 8th October. Still fingers crossed for an earlier delivery..
If you are with DFS and then you need to allow 5 days for the watch to come from China to Europe. I am on my 6th day and no change to shipping notification as there is no tracking until it gets to Europe. So for all i know, my Graphite watch might have fallen out of the plane and is sitting at the bottom of the ocean or being fashioned on the wrist of a posing atlantic mackerel. Very frustrating

jayvn7

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
As a PSA for anyone still waiting on an SS order this week that's sat on "processing", the Apple Store on Amazon now has full stock of all kinds of SS and other models, 40mm and 44mm. I've just cancelled my Apple order, placed one with Amazon and it's arriving tomorrow as opposed to god knows when!

YMMV depending on model but it might be worth checking out! Cheers and good luck everyone else! :)

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I should have refused it, instead I thought I was clever by requesting a return and printing a label, then taking it to the nearest UPS drop off point.

View attachment 961010

This just happened, how long was I asleep last night?

Mine now shows ‘returned to shipper’ on the DHL screen, so at least there’s that.

Absolutely shambolic product launch.

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Arrived an hour or so ago , trying to get to grips with what the thing can do , more than a bit mind blowing tbh ?

Using the apple sport band as I don’t want to scratch it with the Milanese , so far very comfy if a bit of a faff to put on

94473E81-BF2E-4BF9-84EB-74569DD752ED.jpeg

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
As a PSA for anyone still waiting on an SS order this week that's sat on "processing", the Apple Store on Amazon now has full stock of all kinds of SS and other models, 40mm and 44mm. I've just cancelled my Apple order, placed one with Amazon and it's arriving tomorrow as opposed to god knows when!

YMMV depending on model but it might be worth checking out! Cheers and good luck everyone else! :)
Well mine is due on Friday and still stuck on DHL shipping notice. I might give Apple a call tomorrow if it doesn't change overnight just to check that the 2nd stands as a delivery date.. It will need at least 24 hours to go from the Netherlands to Belgium or Germany and then to the UK and then to my door.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
So i spoke to Apple chat just to check. Apple Chat assured me that everything was ok for Friday and "worry not, everything is running smoothly". If it doesn't arrive, then a phone call with a bollocking will follow :)
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 16.05.28.png

Reactions: arcticmonkeys

steve10172

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
London UK
Ordered Product Red Case with Product Red Strap on 17th Sep.
Initial delivery estimate was 2-7 October.
Watch in Endhoven since 24th Sep, with estimated delivery 2nd Oct.
Just now got a text from DHL, delivers tomorrow, 30th Sep by end of day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.