Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richardlench

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
I’m still on a delivery date for the 28th, so I guess I should give up on the idea of getting it tomorrow.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Just got a confirmation for delivery tomorrow text from DHL.

Apple Store status not updated yet!

Ordered a plain white sports band Stainless Steel 44mm within 15 mins of the Store opening after the event.

Reactions: johnyslats

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I’m still on a delivery date for the 28th, so I guess I should give up on the idea of getting it tomorrow.

I'm the same. My guess only people who were seeing delivery for tomorrow were those people who were allocated stock that was already palleted and either in the UK or very much on it's way to the UK already. My guess is that everyone else will get to track their items from China.

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
I'm the same. My guess only people who were seeing delivery for tomorrow were those people who were allocated stock that was already palleted and either in the UK or very much on it's way to the UK already. My guess is that everyone else will get to track their items from China.

Yep, it does seem that way. Has anyone who didn't have a ship date of tomorrow seen a shipped notification yet?

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Those people with watches coming that will be arriving tomorrow, have Apple added the device to your account here yet? In the past they have, certainly with iPhones. Allows you to see the week of manufacture if that is of interest to anyone if you enter the serial number here. Geeky and a little pointless, but frankly when it comes to Apple pre-orders and frequenting a pre-order thread I think that's par for the course. :p

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Those people with watches coming that will be arriving tomorrow, have Apple added the device to your account here yet? In the past they have, certainly with iPhones. Allows you to see the week of manufacture if that is of interest to anyone if you enter the serial number here. Geeky and a little pointless, but frankly when it comes to Apple pre-orders and frequenting a pre-order thread I think that's par for the course. :p
I used to enjoy this. Not there but thought they stopped doing it some time ago with it only being viewable after initial setup

Reactions: tednol

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Following on from that, for those getting watches tomorrow can I ask which model you ordered? Thanks

Nekomichi

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
Ordered 12 hours after the presentation, looks like it's just shipped in time for tomorrow!

Many of the shipping delays aren't caused by the watch itself but certain band style/colour/size combinations that are in high demand and it probably doesn't help that the order page only gives you a handful of combinations that will likely sell out the fastest. The trick is to make your own custom watch case/band combinations in the Apple Watch Studio. Here, you can match any watch case with any strap you want, giving you access to combinations not available on the default screen as well as possibly finding sets that will ship sooner. That's how I managed to get a launch day watch hours after pre-orders went live.

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 18.47.24.png

gotta love the element inspector ;)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Ordered 12 hours after the presentation, looks like it's just shipped in time for tomorrow!

Many of the shipping delays aren't caused by the watch itself but certain band style/colour/size combinations that are in high demand and it probably doesn't help that the order page only gives you a handful of combinations that will likely sell out the fastest. The trick is to make your own custom watch case/band combinations in the Apple Watch Studio. Here, you can match any watch case with any strap you want, giving you access to combinations not available on the default screen as well as possibly finding sets that will ship sooner. That's how I managed to get a launch day watch hours after pre-orders went live.

View attachment 954659
Lol. Is it a nice neighbourhood?

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London

View attachment 954659

It’s exactly what I did, but I ended up with a combination that feels weird to me.

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
Ordered right after the keynote and still stuck on preparing to ship :( I’m jealous of a lot of you guys!

I did exactly the same, with the same watch configuration except mine is 44mm, and have the same delivery date. It’s the product red, I haven’t seen anyone getting one earlier...... yet

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
I did exactly the same, with the same watch configuration except mine is 44mm, and have the same delivery date. It’s the product red, I haven’t seen anyone getting one earlier...... yet
Someone in the delivery thread from the UK has his dispatch notice from DPD already ?

Reactions: Davelfc

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Silver aluminium 40mm GPS with Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band - Ordered 19:25 15/9
Shipping notification received today 17:51 for delivery tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.