Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Many models are available for in store pickup right now on Apple. Just ordered mine. Picking up later.

Same here, will return my order when it arrives and picking up in store today. Cant get the solo loop in store though. Anybody know if I can return just the watch or does it have to be both the watch and the band?

Thanks

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Same here, will return my order when it arrives and picking up in store today. Cant get the solo loop in store though. Anybody know if I can return just the watch or does it have to be both the watch and the band?

Thanks

Did you order it as an extra? Otherwise I think you have to return both.
[automerge]1600407070[/automerge]
No good news for me this morning. Still on preparing to ship :(

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Did you order it as an extra? Otherwise I think you have to return both.
[automerge]1600407070[/automerge]
No good news for me this morning. Still on preparing to ship :(

Ordered it as a set. That’s a shame. Will pop into a store once they arrive. Maybe they will let me return them both and them immediately sell the band back to me.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Morning everyone!

01DFBE4D-3081-420C-B923-944429AE2DE3.jpeg

[automerge]1600409262[/automerge]
DHL early text to say that my Watch will be delivered between 11:40-12:40!

silvia_18

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
If anyone has an Apple store near them, I just pre-ordered for pick up today!

Edit: sorry didn't see someone posted this already ?‍♀️

Reactions: ACDeag

N1cBr

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Same! That is deeply frustrating!!!
I wish they would have opened up orders for pickup on Tuesday as well because they would have known what stock was going where! Now probably waiting a week for my watch when I could pick it up today

Macmelman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
Same! That is deeply frustrating!!!
I remember the same happened with my iPhone 11Pro Max last year. I ordered online for delivery and a few days later I realized it was available for pickup at the store. Cancelled my order and got it 2 weeks earlier than expected. I just cancelled my watch order to be delivered at the end of next week and made a new order to pick it up at the store tomorrow. I have also ordered a couple of armbands that don't seem to be available, but that may change as well in a few days (they will be delivered mid-November)

Reactions: N1cBr

Macmelman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
Yeah I am in the same boat. 28th but I could walk into a store right now and get the exact same model. I don't know why they do this, it's annoying as hell. Can't cancel now either.
What do you mean? If it's scheduled for delivery on the 28th it hasn't been shipped yet most likely. I just cancelled mine that was scheduled for delivery on the 24th at no cost

Damien

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2004
Canterbury
What do you mean? If it's scheduled for delivery on the 28th it hasn't been shipped yet most likely. I just cancelled mine that was scheduled for delivery on the 24th at no cost

There isn't an option to cancel on the page. Just says 'preparing for shipping' for two days now.

Macmelman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
There isn't an option to cancel on the page. Just says 'preparing for shipping' for two days now.
That is strange... I had to login in and see my orders in order to see the cancellation option. If you click on the order number in the confirmation email you do not see that. It may be different in the UK (I am in Germany), but I am surprised that you can cancel here and not there. Also, you could try calling Apple. they cancelled an order for me last year and I remember it was very easy.

Richardlench

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
You can’t cancel it once it goes to Preparing For Shipping. You can only cancel it when it’s at the Processing stage

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
They can't have stores with no stock on release day, I get that. I moved my appointment to 10am. Save me getting the train with the rush hour.

I've just got off the phone to Apple and they will try to cancel my order but give no guarantee (28th delivery)
Their advice was to refuse delivery, which given the relaxed delivery these days is not what I would do, some couriers only need a photo of your building to say they delivered it.

The advisor said she thought it would most likely be cancelled, I get the feeling Apple just want an extra step for you to take in order to cancel. Although that's probably just me being a cynic. Last year I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro, they sent two but charged for one, and an hour before delivery they called the second one back. They can can cancel when they want.

She also asked if I know how to check the status of my order, something I could probably do in my sleep now.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddie24

Macmelman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
You can’t cancel it once it goes to Preparing For Shipping. You can only cancel it when it’s at the Processing stage
Yes, what surprises me is that their order for the 28th was preparing for shipping and mine for the 24th was not...

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Well I was going to cancel my order and go grab one from the local Apple store, but it’s not available with the new woven loop and that strap is now out of stock until mid November (in my size and charcoal). So for the sake of waiting another week I may as well hold off.

Reactions: eddie24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.