Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Maybe you are correct.
A good test - if you had another rMB to try your stick.
Is there not some other utility or disk software/app he can try and just create a partition from OSX as a 1st stage, assuming that the standard diskutility cannot create a partition (ie stay away from BCA until this is at least achieved)

The next would be to see if he can boot from a superdrive or any bootable stick with OSX on it.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Yes i did every thing ! Any one face the same problem with the same macbook??
That's not the answer to my question we know you have tried many things many times with BCA as we think you have a hardware or OSX software issue you need to get around creating a partition 1st before even considering anything to do with BCA or Windows 10

Find some software, app or utility to test and get this working 1st

Until you can create a partition and boot from a thumb drive or super drive you are going nowhere

Maybe it's time to take your rMB and get the SDD changed of checked out, maybe you have fiddled around s much you have errors on your errors

Personally I would completely erase the drive etc etc and do a full internet recovery and create a partion, then workout why you can't boot from thumbdrive or superdrive before going anywhere near BCA or windows

Last edited:

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
That's not the answer to my question we know you have tried many things many times with BCA as we think you have a hardware or OSX software issue you need to get around creating a partition 1st before even considering anything to do with BCA or Windows 10

Find some software, app or utility to test and get this working 1st

Until you can create a partition and boot from a thumb drive or super drive you are going nowhere

Maybe it's time to take your rMB and get the SDD changed of checked out, maybe you have fiddled around s much you have errors on your errors

Personally I would completely erase the drive etc etc and do a full internet recovery and create a partion, then workout why you can't boot from thumbdrive or superdrive before going anywhere near BCA or windows

i erased my hard drive already and i used internet recovery to recover the original os x and guess what ? it install yosemite 10.10.5 not 10.10.2 and i tried with windows the same problem then i download yosemite 10.10.2 and burn it to flash drive to install it then i can not install this 10.10.2 it doesn't allow me like windows xp and windows 7 , after that i downloaded yosemite 10.10.3 and i installed it successfully then i tried with windows the same problem happened after that i erased my hard drive and i installed el capitan 10.11.4 and still the same problem !!

thank for help

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
i erased my hard drive already and i used internet recovery to recover the original os x and guess what ? it install yosemite 10.10.5 not 10.10.2 and i tried with windows the same problem then i download yosemite 10.10.2 and burn it to flash drive to install it then i can not install this 10.10.2 it doesn't allow me like windows xp and windows 7 , after that i downloaded yosemite 10.10.3 and i installed it successfully then i tried with windows the same problem happened after that i erased my hard drive and i installed el capitan 10.11.4 and still the same problem !!

thank for help
I do not know how many times I can say this too you, do not try and install windows until you can create a partition and format it and boot from a usb drive or a superdrive :)

Your problem I believe has nothing to do with windows install there is something preventing you from creating a partition, and booting from a thumb drive, that's why windows won't install.

Step 1 - Do internet recovery (No need to upgrade OSX at this stage)
Step 2 - Create a partition only using BCA or another disc utility (do not run windows install etc etc or download bootcamp drivers)
Step 3 - Reboot using a key combo to select a suitable bootable thumb drive with OSX on it, to check (google how to create this)
Step 4 - Reboot using a key combo to select a suitable bootable thumb drive with Win10 on it (ie one that you say you have successfully created before and used on other MAC's), to check

If you cannot successfully complete steps 2-4 then there is no point until you can resolve each issue to try and install W10

I can only guess that there maybe some low level format of your SDD that's preventing you or that there is some other OSX system file or set-up based on your model/configuration

But to me you need to be systematic and not keep assuming it's not having he latest OSX or variants of Windows as most of us loaded bootcamp on day one of owning our rMB before El Capitian etc and straight to W10 although some may of started with Win8.1, but that's irrelevant as Win10 works fine.

There maybe one simple solution to all this and go to Apple and get a replacement SDD, as it seems the most logical sticking point in the 100's of iterations you have tried

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.