Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Ditto

Where did it fail
Did it create the partition "Bootcamp"
Did you try to install manually to the partition by booting from the usb
Could you format the Bootcamp partition
Etc

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
Ok...having Windows 10 on MacBook 12" is bit of a hassle and after a few failed attempts, I could manage to install on my 12" MacBook.

Here is what I did:

• Create a bootable Windows 10 usb drive using the official Microsoft tool. I used sandisk 16 GB cruizer.
  • download boot camp drivers from apple website and copy the folders in windows 10 bootable usb drive.
  • Create fat partition from Mac OS X using disk utility. I had given 250 GB for Windows.
  • I did NOT use the boot camp assistant for installation.
  • Remember to have your laptop charged to 100% at this stage.
  • Restart Mac and hold option ket to get option to boot from usb using the Apple USB adapter.
  • Start the windows installer in the fat formatted drive and convert the same to NTFS while selecting the proper drive carefully and proceed with installation and restart when prompted
  • Now use another USB hub having atleast 2 ports and connect it to Apple adapter.
  • Connect Windows 10 usb drive having bootcamp drivers in 1 port and external mouse in another.
  • Continue installation of Windows 10 using mouse and on-screen keyboard as keyboard and trackpad drivers are not yet installed.
  • Once Windows starts, install the bootcamp drivers manually from the usb drive navigating from windows explorer.
  • Once the driver installation is complete, restart the Mac and connect it to power adapter.
  • Run Windows update to install the remaining drivers.

I had installed is way and have been using Windows and Mac OS both without any issues in my 12" MacBook.

I hope this is useful

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
I used BCA and latest preview of 10.

Yes I used USB keyboard, a USB hdd with bootcamp's drivers.

Works and need ~40-60GB partition no reason to not use BCA.

Apple Mouse2 BT connected but not working, Appke BT keyboard does (prefer over trackpad built in, using 24" monitor and hub with HDMI Ethernet 2 x USB port dock)

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Ok...having Windows 10 on MacBook 12" is bit of a hassle and after a few failed attempts, I could manage to install on my 12" MacBook.

Here is what I did:

• Create a bootable Windows 10 usb drive using the official Microsoft tool. I used sandisk 16 GB cruizer.
  • download boot camp drivers from apple website and copy the folders in windows 10 bootable usb drive.
  • Create fat partition from Mac OS X using disk utility. I had given 250 GB for Windows.
  • Restart Mac and hold option ket to get option to boot from usb using the Apple USB adapter.
  • Start the windows installer in the fat formatted drive and convert the same to NTFS while selecting the proper drive carefully and proceed with installation and restart when prompted
  • Now use another USB hub having atleast 2 ports and connect it to Apple adapter.
  • Connect Windows 10 usb drive having bootcamp drivers in 1 port and external mouse in another.
  • Continue installation of Windows 10 using mouse and on-screen keyboard as keyboard and trackpad drivers are not yet installed.
  • Once Windows starts, install the bootcamp drivers manually from the usb drive navigating from windows explorer.
  • Once the driver installation is complete, restart the Mac and connect it to power adapter.

I had installed is way and have been using Windows and Mac OS both without any issues in my 12" MacBook.

I hope this is useful

Well done :)

Yes I had this problem on one MAC but all others no problem, even did my sons MBP last week with no issues

Never heard the KB not working before, trackpad yes but not KB besides it must of worked initially to select and format drive ?

I got around the trackpad not working by simply unplugging the usb dive plugging in a usb mouse, do the 2 prompts you cant otherwise select and quickly re-insert the USB drive to continue

We are at the same stage some weeks back OP says it does not work but never gives full or clear description of what he's/she has done or tried and it usually evolves around some weird version of windows he/she is trying to install and upgrade

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016

Here is what I did:

I hope this is useful

thank you for that man , not worked .. some guy tell me that these new macbook some of them you can install windows and some you can not , he have computer store and said from 10 new macbook a 1 he install windows and others no ,, why? he and me don't know yet !! may be hard disk diffrents in each models!
[doublepost=1460315973][/doublepost]here is my simple problem when i choose refi boot black screen appear

Attachments

• 20160410_221241.jpg
    20160410_221241.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 20160410_221249.jpg
    20160410_221249.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I'll ask you again, are you installing Windows 10 x64, the official installer from MS, or the same "Windows 8/8.1 trial" thing whatever you've been talking about? If it's the latter, read my last post in this topic.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
I'll ask you again, are you installing Windows 10 x64, the official installer from MS, or the same "Windows 8/8.1 trial" thing whatever you've been talking about? If it's the latter, read my last post in this topic.

hi garirry
thank you for replies , i downloaded windows 10 three times
ones directly from MS website
Second to Desktop using new MS tool
third directly to usb flash using MS tool
all trails
[doublepost=1460321919][/doublepost]
If you are on the Inside Preview builds, and your computer previously had one (otherwise will not activate) now has ISO for clean install.

http://communication.microsoft.com/Key-8343001.C.vxwr.M.Kb.-.nFDsf3Q
If you are on the Inside Preview builds, and your computer previously had one (otherwise will not activate) now has ISO for clean install.

http://communication.microsoft.com/Key-8343001.C.vxwr.M.Kb.-.nFDsf3Q

downloading , thanks i will try that
[doublepost=1460323933][/doublepost]Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_en-us_14295.1000.iso
not worked also :(
[doublepost=1460325217][/doublepost]

Here is what I did:

I hope this is useful

what is os x when you install windows 10 ? yosemite or el capitan ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.51.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 11.51.53 PM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 120

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
guys i can not believe that ?? i create a bootable USB stick of ubuntu linux and when i boot to efi start and give me two options to install or just run linux , the result of both of them is black screen !!! also

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I seem to recall somewhere that there was a simple answer to this something to do with it had actually worked but the screen brightness was down so low it appeared to be black however this does not explain why he cannot boot directly to the USB stick with the option key on re-boot.

I suspect he's tried so many times there are loads of these little partitions created which screws up the install as windows thinks its a dual boot system of some sorts and fails due to bad sector etc errors

This is why I said that in OSX disk utilities you must only have the original partitions from out of the box and not these little 900mb ones that are created they should be deleted and remerged back with the main OSX partition

OP send us a screen shot of your disk from OSX disk utilities

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
guys i can not believe that ?? i create a bootable USB stick of ubuntu linux and when i boot to efi start and give me two options to install or just run linux , the result of both of them is black screen !!! also

F6 from the Ubuntu boot menu, and then specify the noapic option.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
what is os x when you install windows 10 ? yosemite or el capitan ?

El Capitan
[doublepost=1460363934][/doublepost]
thank you for that man , not worked .. some guy tell me that these new macbook some of them you can install windows and some you can not , he have computer store and said from 10 new macbook a 1 he install windows and others no ,, why? he and me don't know yet !! may be hard disk diffrents in each models!
[doublepost=1460315973][/doublepost]here is my simple problem when i choose refi boot black screen appear

If I remember correctly, it took few for the Windows installation to start after the black screen.

Have you waited?
[doublepost=1460364125][/doublepost]
Well done :)

Yes I had this problem on one MAC but all others no problem, even did my sons MBP last week with no issues

Never heard the KB not working before, trackpad yes but not KB besides it must of worked initially to select and format drive ?

I got around the trackpad not working by simply unplugging the usb dive plugging in a usb mouse, do the 2 prompts you cant otherwise select and quickly re-insert the USB drive to continue

We are at the same stage some weeks back OP says it does not work but never gives full or clear description of what he's/she has done or tried and it usually evolves around some weird version of windows he/she is trying to install and upgrade

The keyboard works initially. Only when Windows is installed and you have to enter user name and initial password, it does not as now Windows is operational and bootcamp drivers are not yet installed.

Damn I miss the simplicity of bootcamp on lion / mountain lion days. Installing Windows 7 on it via bootcamp assistant was a breeze.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
El Capitan
[doublepost=1460363934][/doublepost]

If I remember correctly, it took few for the Windows installation to start after the black screen.

Have you waited?
[doublepost=1460364125][/doublepost]

The keyboard works initially. Only when Windows is installed and you have to enter user name and initial password, it does not as now Windows is operational and bootcamp drivers are not yet installed.

Damn I miss the simplicity of bootcamp on lion / mountain lion days. Installing Windows 7 on it via bootcamp assistant was a breeze.
My experience.
I cloned the El Capitan whole system to a bootable USB hard drive.
I then reinstalled Yosemite, just the OS without applications.
Using the BootCamp of Yosemite and an external USB stick for Apple's drivers I managed to install Windows.
Once this done, I booted from the external HD, erased the Yosemite and cloned back El Capitan to the inner drive.
Using the BootCamp of El Capitan did not work for me.
With Yosemite's BootCamp it worked.
I don't know why.
Ed

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

I've put W10 on 3 rMB and 4 other MACS and never had that problem as the generic KB driver worked fine for the standard alpha/numeric keys

Only on the rMB did I get the tab/arrow keys not working hence the mouse trick until the bootcamp drivers were installed

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
I've put W10 on 3 rMB and 4 other MACS and never had that problem as the generic KB driver worked fine for the standard alpha/numeric keys

Only on the rMB did I get the tab/arrow keys not working hence the mouse trick until the bootcamp drivers were installed
Seems to be an issue with latest mac and its compatibility with Windows 10

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I'd honestly be scared to put Windows on a MacBook "12 with a core M processor. Not that it can't handle it but it have some performance defects.
What speaks against trying it and if the user is not satisfied, to delete it and give back that space to OSX? ;)
I cannot imagine that any Windows might harm any mac...:rolleyes:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
What speaks against trying it and if the user is not satisfied, to delete it and give back that space to OSX? ;)
I cannot imagine that any Windows might harm any mac...:rolleyes:
As noobinator says, there is no risk.
I have Windows 10 in my 8 years old MacBook 4.1 and...it works!

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
My experience.
I cloned the El Capitan whole system to a bootable USB hard drive.
I then reinstalled Yosemite, just the OS without applications.
Using the BootCamp of Yosemite and an external USB stick for Apple's drivers I managed to install Windows.
Once this done, I booted from the external HD, erased the Yosemite and cloned back El Capitan to the inner drive.
Using the BootCamp of El Capitan did not work for me.
With Yosemite's BootCamp it worked.
I don't know why.
Ed
thats really great , but i tried it in yosemite 10.10.5 and it did not work also , then i downgrade to 10.10.3 and it did not work also !!
i used SanDisk 2.0 and 3.0 all not work !!
[doublepost=1460400933][/doublepost]i will install yosemite now and try it again :(

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Guys i started from Zero
i downgrade to yosemite 10.10.5
Then i download windows 10 64bit from microsoft website
Then i used bootcamp assistant and i checked the three options using SanDisk 2.0 flash drive
And after that it downloaded bootcamp 6.1.6036
Then i partition the harddisk and then restart
Black screen but laptop is on!! Keyboard on!! I wait alot still black screen

Attachments

• 1460461687640-756771822.jpg
    1460461687640-756771822.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 100

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Restart, holding the Option key, with your flash drive in place.
Do you see the flash drive, that would be the Windows installer, as a boot drive choice?
Click on that, then press return.
Should boot to your Windows installer, and you can take it from there :D

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
My mac a
Restart, holding the Option key, with your flash drive in place.
Do you see the flash drive, that would be the Windows installer, as a boot drive choice?
Click on that, then press return.
Should boot to your Windows installer, and you can take it from there :D
two optition my mac and efi boot , when i choose efi boot black screen

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Hmmm. Do you still see "EFI boot" if you remove the flash drive?

If the EFI boot choice is gone with the flash drive OUT, then I expect that your flash drive is just not created properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.