Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
What do you plan to run on Windows 10? Is virtualization an option? I run Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop.

Also, perhaps you've done this, but did you format the Windows partition within the Windows installation routine before installing it? Boot Camp just creates the partition. It doesn't format it as NTFS.
i have Parallel with windows 10 but i want to install it via BootCamp this will give it hole hardware ..

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Have you tried a different USB stick just on the off chance it's some weird compatibility issue with a certain make I had a minor issue with an old stick the wife used and was ok with a new one

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Have you tried a different USB stick just on the off chance it's some weird compatibility issue with a certain make I had a minor issue with an old stick the wife used and was ok with a new one

That's right I tried many of them and I will still trying untill a one work , thanks alot

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Are you using the single USB dongle or the triple ?

Just wondering if it's something to do with not being on power that stopping it continuing

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
guys after i tried every thing i mean it every thing in these hole week with no success at all i went to a mac store to a geek guy and he said i also tried every thing and this MacBook 12 inch does not support installing windows via Bootcamp yet and when i told him what about youtube video showing that he said all these videos are fake !! what do you say ? because i really got tired from trying solutions ??

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
guys after i tried every thing i mean it every thing in these hole week with no success at all i went to a mac store to a geek guy and he said i also tried every thing and this MacBook 12 inch does not support installing windows via Bootcamp yet and when i told him what about youtube video showing that he said all these videos are fake !! what do you say ? because i really got tired from trying solutions ??
It definitely supports Boot Camp. Ars Technica got it working. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/04/using-the-retina-macbook-as-a-windows-pc/

Too bad you aren't in a country with an Apple Store. I'm sure there is a way to make it work.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

He is right!!!! We are all tricking you!!!! It's fake!!!!

BJ

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011

Well, like others I run Windows every day (along with OS X) so I can tell you that it definitely works and that person does not know what he is talking about! Apple even says so themselves on this page (under the features supported in Windows 10): https://support.apple.com/en-ap/HT204990.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Thank you man , this link made me crazy how they did it like this I tried 100 times !!
This is extreme, but if you have a backup drive, maybe backup your main drive, and reset your Mac entirely using the CMD-R recovery mode (reformat the main drive and reinstall OS X from Recovery Mode). Perhaps there is something with your Mac partition that is causing Boot Camp to fail.

Boot Camp does some weird things because Microsoft uses UEFI and Apple uses a proprietary EFI that they developed before UEFI came out. One time something screwed up a MacBook Air that I had so that I couldn't get it to boot into OS X without pressing the Option key at startup (switching it in Boot Camp manager didn't work). Reformatting the entire drive did the trick.

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
He is right!!!! We are all tricking you!!!! It's fake!!!!

BJ
Sorry man that was his opinion not mine , am still trying
[doublepost=1455779431][/doublepost]Thank you guys , I will keep tring others way
[doublepost=1455779821][/doublepost]I download again Windows 8.1 and 10 from microsoft website still not working and I tried diffrent iso files with no sucsess

Then I played with info.plist file code and I made bootcamp giving the optition of installing windows with no usb drive
I choose iso file then it download bootcamp drivers and create a tem partition then when reboot black **** again!!

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
Guys i think i know excatly what was the problem ..
in my internet search i found all topics talking about installing windows 8 or 8.1 from 4 month ago and i think the problem is Bootcamp 6 that i used and downloaded auto by system ..

so guys can any one installed windows 8 or 8.1 tell me the vergion of bootcamp that he downloaded and used plz , you can find that in the bootcamp folder ?? waiting ......

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Guys i think i know excatly what was the problem ..
in my internet search i found all topics talking about installing windows 8 or 8.1 from 4 month ago and i think the problem is Bootcamp 6 that i used and downloaded auto by system ..

so guys can any one installed windows 8 or 8.1 tell me the vergion of bootcamp that he downloaded and used plz , you can find that in the bootcamp folder ?? waiting ......

You need to go here right now, it's the official Apple forum for Boot Camp and the moderator there has to be the most helpful person you've ever met, she will listen to your issues and tell you exactly what to do.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

Please trust me on this one. No one in this forum can help you to the degree you need help. Go to Apple's forum at that link and you will be up and running Windows in a few hours.

BJ

Bofahad

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
You need to go here right now, it's the official Apple forum for Boot Camp and the moderator there has to be the most helpful person you've ever met, she will listen to your issues and tell you exactly what to do.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

Please trust me on this one. No one in this forum can help you to the degree you need help. Go to Apple's forum at that link and you will be up and running Windows in a few hours.

BJ
thank you so much man i will post my problem there

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
We are waiting your feed back from Loner_T

I have a feeling that all of his attempts have created duplicate partitions and duplicate files, made a mess of the file structure and is preventing a clean install. I don't know much about Mac, can he wipe the entire drive and restore it back to the day he got it out of the box and try again from scratch and with a clean slate?

BJ

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have a feeling that all of his attempts have created duplicate partitions and duplicate files, made a mess of the file structure and is preventing a clean install. I don't know much about Mac, can he wipe the entire drive and restore it back to the day he got it out of the box and try again from scratch and with a clean slate?

BJ

Yes, through the Internet Restore feature. He can erase all partitions and wipe the drive clean, and then reinstall OS X, and re-run Boot Camp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.