Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Interesting, from both a timing (almost 13 time!) and device standpoint.

Just sick of the Pro Max size?

Yes I was and my wrists literally hurt holding the thing. I also wasn’t happy with the graphic color. I gave my mom the 12 pro max since I got her an 11 last year for 30 bucks cash LOL. So I took her 11 and with military discount will spend 510 cash for the phone so it was worthwhile to me and if the 13 is a flop/bad phone I can be free for another year with my 12 pro.

Time definitely is flying. Wonder if iPhone shipping will be crazy like last year?
I’ll probably skip this generation as my 11Pro is still going strong plus I need to to replace my much older Android phone first.
Many people do not want upgrade due to the whole privacy controversy. 9to5mac has stated a survey and the results are not looking too good! Wonder how it's going to play out. People always changes their mind once they see what Apple has in store, LOL.

1629136225587.png

Last edited:

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
I'm currently holding on to my trusty XR. I returned a 12 mini (sht battery), and a 12 (yellow tint) after a few weeks. I will have to go with the 13 pro (that bronze color yo!) this year.

I'm currently holding on to my trusty XR. I returned a 12 mini (sht battery), and a 12 (yellow tint) after a few weeks. I will have to go with the 13 pro (that bronze color yo!) this year.
The bronze color looks amazing. I really hope it's a deep bronze color. It looks so appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Many people do not want upgrade due to the whole privacy controversy. 9to5mac has stated a survey and the results are not looking too good! Wonder how it's going to play out. People always changes their mind once they see what Apple has in store, LOL.

View attachment 1819567

Yea with many tech sites saying the iPhone 14 is where the BIG changes will happen ( touch ID under the screen etc) and more, some folks are thinking of waiting as this year points to being a S year. But like you said, Apple could surprise everyone with this year's phone.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I’ll probably skip this generation as my 11Pro is still going strong plus I need to to replace my much older Android phone first.

I am still leaning towards upgrading but since I got a brand new replacement 11 Pro Max (256 GB) with applecare like two weeks ago, I am going to be a bit harder to impress this year with the iPhone. The biggest things that would make me upgrade without question is if we got some form of touch ID, 120HZ screen refresh, significant improvements on the camera, and USB-C (wishful thinking lol). If at least two of these things happen this year, I will look into upgrading.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Put that 13 Pro Max in my hands now! Coming from the 11PM, I'm ready to enjoy that 5G goodness and some MagSafe. And I've had to hold off upgrading my physical media collection into lossless because my 11PM ran out of drive space, so I'm ready to have that 1TB drive and get back to re-ripping those old CDs.

Put that 13 Pro Max in my hands now! Coming from the 11PM, I'm ready to enjoy that 5G goodness and some MagSafe. And I've had to hold off upgrading my physical media collection into lossless because my 11PM ran out of drive space, so I'm ready to have that 1TB drive and get back to re-ripping those old CDs.
Sounds like 1TB option belongs to you :) iPhone 12 Pro Max is an amazing phone. You are going to love iPhone 13 Pro Max. Especially 120hz will be a game changer on an iPhone.

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Folks! We are approximately 2 weeks away from an official invite for Fall September, 2021 event. If history repeats itself we should expect to see the invites right after the US Labor day.

Projected date for the invites: September 07, 2021 around 10:00 PST.
I think the day of the virtual event will actually be September 8th. So the event announcement may come around August 30th or so.

I think the day of the virtual event will actually be September 8th. So the event announcement may come around August 30th or so.
I hope to God, You are right. However multiple reports are reporting iPhone event to be held on September 14th.

However, since we are not expecting any delays this year. Invites to go out on August 30th, 2021 could be correct too. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.