Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

Mt44

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
I hope to God, You are right. However multiple reports are reporting iPhone event to be held on September 14th.

However, since we are not expecting any delays this year. Invites to go out on August 30th, 2021 could be correct too. ;)

Ugh. I wonder if that points to manufacturing challenges.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
nah I’m skipping. I’m getting my mini battery upgraded though. This and my external apple charger and lovin the mini.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I'm waiting to see what the 13 Pro Max has to offer before deciding. My X will be 4 years old in December and due for a battery replacement so it will serve as a backup device regardless if I upgrade. It's been an outstanding phone and has given me no issues but I think I'm ready for a larger screen..

Reactions: valleian

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I'm waiting to see what the 13 Pro Max has to offer before deciding. My X will be 4 years old in December and due for a battery replacement so it will serve as a backup device regardless if I upgrade. It's been an outstanding phone and has given me no issues but I think I'm ready for a larger screen..
Felt like yesterday I was up at 3am watching the event 😬😂 still a awesome phone, was at the apple store at 8am to pick up my phone. 😂

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Thanks for starting the thread @TheYayAreaLiving …I was just checking the forums for the first time in while and was so surprised to see this thread already at 4 pages and 86 posts. Now I’m getting stoked for that 13PM. I’ve been doing a lot more video content with an Insta360 OneX2, so I’m going to upgrade my 12P to the 13PM. Looking forward to all the pre-order excitement, the flight tracking, hitting the refresh button…Cheers!

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
I won't be getting a new iPhone this year though I'm very excited to see what Apple has to announce. Next year I'll be back to pre-order a new phone for my wife and then It will be my turn again in 2024 for my next upgrade :)

Thanks for starting the thread @TheYayAreaLiving …I was just checking the forums for the first time in while and was so surprised to see this thread already at 4 pages and 86 posts. Now I’m getting stoked for that 13PM. I’ve been doing a lot more video content with an Insta360 OneX2, so I’m going to upgrade my 12P to the 13PM. Looking forward to all the pre-order excitement, the flight tracking, hitting the refresh button…Cheers!
You’re welcome! Glad to have u join this year!!! This will be another good year to upgrade the iPhone since Apple is bringing portrait mode for the video.

As every year, I’m very excited and anxious to follow along all the pre-ordered iPhone straight from China. A month from today this thread will be exploding with all the excitement, anxious, curiosity, lots of emotions.

Not too much of a wait left for the September event invites for the keynote. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: julit0

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Me too I have some damage on my mini from drops so I think I’ll use my apple care and get a semi new unit without damage and a refreshed battery

I tried using my Pro Max without a case and couldn’t last more than 2 hours. The square sides kept digging into my hands and were uncomfortable. I immediately went back to using my Rhinoshield bumper.

magnetic_electrique

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
Chicago
I'm planning on upgrading my 12 Pro Max. My Xs Max & 11 Pro Max were 256 GB and my 12 Pro Max is 128 GB. I haven't even used half my storage on my 12 Pro Max, but 256 is the sweet spot in my opinion. I will be upgrading to a 256 variant for the 13.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Yah I dropped
I tried using my Pro Max without a case and couldn’t last more than 2 hours. The square sides kept digging into my hands and were uncomfortable. I immediately went back to using my Rhinoshield bumper.
mine even with an apple leather case and the rim was damaged. I had a screen protector too. Go figure.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I'm planning on upgrading my 12 Pro Max. My Xs Max & 11 Pro Max were 256 GB and my 12 Pro Max is 128 GB. I haven't even used half my storage on my 12 Pro Max, but 256 is the sweet spot in my opinion. I will be upgrading to a 256 variant for the 13.
Just curious - if you’re using less than 64gb on your current Pro Max why pay more for a 256gb variant? Unless, I guess, you see your storage needs increasing to more than 128gb during ownership of the 13?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.