Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
can't believe its almost that time again! i'm considering getting the Pro Max this year. i definitely enjoyed the 12 Pro thoroughly but since turning 41 my eye sight has gotten bad unless my mind is playing tricks on me 🥴

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Don’t understand why some super-duper Face ID sensor needs to be an add-on casing. I’m sure Apple had the iPhone 13 schematics all laid out by late 2020 and it was too late to add to the phone itself, but it’s hacky.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Don’t understand why some super-duper Face ID sensor needs to be an add-on casing. I’m sure Apple had the iPhone 13 schematics all laid out by late 2020 and it was too late to add to the phone itself, but it’s hacky.

It was add-on casing for testing with iPhone 12s (see around the 3 minute mark in the video); the new sensors will be integrated into the smaller notch on the iP13.

It was add-on casing for testing with iPhone 12s (see around the 3 minute mark in the video); the new sensors will be integrated into the smaller notch on the iP13.
Just to piggy back on a previous comment. It's only for testing purposes but the notch is definitely reducing this year. I hope we get to see the battery % at all times now.

DrexelGirl18

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Philadelphia, PA
Silly question, but I'm having such a hard time deciding. I have an XS and I'm contemplating going with the 13 Pro Max. Has anyone ever gone to a bigger model, hated it and then went back to a smaller model? Or is it more like once you go with the bigger phone you wonder why you never did it sooner type thing?

Reactions: Saladin12

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Silly question, but I'm having such a hard time deciding. I have an XS and I'm contemplating going with the 13 Pro Max. Has anyone ever gone to a bigger model, hated it and then went back to a smaller model? Or is it more like once you go with the bigger phone you wonder why you never did it sooner type thing?
Just wanting to piggyback off of this as I'm looking to make this exact same move (XS to 13 Pro Max) so would love to know this too :)

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY

I was really nervous when I jumped to the 7 Plus. Because I carry my phone in my front pocket, I actually went to the Apple Store wearing different pairs of pants to make sure the 7 Plus would fit and not be restrictive. I always had to tell security I wasn't pocketing the phones to run off with them, I just needed to be sure I could still move. Once it passed that test, I graduated to the biggest screen possible and never looked back.

The only problem with moving to a bigger screen is that it ruined small screens for me. My partner has the SE, and it feels like a toy.

Mt44

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
There are a million different opinions on this.

You just won't know until you try. The good news is, if you're in the US, you have 14 days to take it for a spin and return it if it's too big.

Personally, I went bigger with the 6+ and never looked back.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Is there any more news about the iPhone upgrade program and what might happen this year? Since the 12's were a month later...I had seen chatter about hoping Apple would allow an 11-month upgrade vice having to wait the full year. The pessimist in me says that if we want a launch day phone, we'll have to pay for that 12th month, even though we'll be handing off our phone at the 11 month point - just for the sake of what the signed iPhone Upgrade agreement says in its written word.

Is there any more news about the iPhone upgrade program and what might happen this year? Since the 12's were a month later...I had seen chatter about hoping Apple would allow an 11-month upgrade vice having to wait the full year. The pessimist in me says that if we want a launch day phone, we'll have to pay for that 12th month, even though we'll be handing off our phone at the 11 month point - just for the sake of what the signed iPhone Upgrade agreement says in its written word.
This well written article may help.

You will regardless be able to upgrade even next year. For any situation, your new update qualification date will be constrained by the starting date of your new iPhone Upgrade Program loan. Note that you are able to upgrade after 6 months in the program, as long as you have made what might measure up to somewhere near 12 payments.

Reactions: LFC2020 and julit0

ealexander

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
I’m all in for the pro models this year for me and my family!! Last year I gave them all four options to choose from. Quickly dismissed the mini but kept the other three. This year. Nope. Only those two options

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
Upgrading only if the 13 pro camera is noticeably better than my current 11 pro. I don’t care about any other feature.

Reactions: Mt44

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
So, seems like the consensus is Sept 14th Keynote, Sept 17th preorders start and Sept 24th launch?

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Do iPhones usually sell out on launch day? Would I be able to roll into an Apple Store a few weeks after launch day and grab a 13 Pro?

maerz001

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
I’m all in for the pro models this year for me and my family!! Last year I gave them all four options to choose from. Quickly dismissed the mini but kept the other three. This year. Nope. Only those two options
You force them to get a pro instead of the cheaper ones?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I'm looking forward to upgrading from my 11 Pro, most likely to a 13 Pro Max. My last supersized phone was the 6s Plus and I find myself craving additional screen real estate sometimes. I haven't completely made up my mind yet; fortunately, I still have a couple of weeks to think about it.

Mt44

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Do iPhones usually sell out on launch day? Would I be able to roll into an Apple Store a few weeks after launch day and grab a 13 Pro?

I don’t think we’ll see widespread shortages. Especially after a few weeks, I’d think inventories should be solid.

The chip shortage is the wildcard. But Apple has more leverage than anyone, and this is their most important product. I don’t think we’ll see much impact there.

(I’m not an Apple analyst, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.)

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
I used to rock an XS but since 3 weeks ago I rolled back to an iPhone 8 (gave my XS to someone else). I considered the Mini but after going back to the 8, I realize I can't really do smaller screen anymore (I still think iPhone X was the best size ever). So looking for a 13 Pro this time around for myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.