Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

CPTmom2wp

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
Silly question, but I'm having such a hard time deciding. I have an XS and I'm contemplating going with the 13 Pro Max. Has anyone ever gone to a bigger model, hated it and then went back to a smaller model? Or is it more like once you go with the bigger phone you wonder why you never did it sooner type thing?
I did. Purchased the first 7+ and thought I'd love it. I hated the size. I carry my phone in front pants pockets or tops with pockets. In pants, the larger phone will fit, but frequently slipped out and fell between the seats in the car when sitting; getting in or out. In tops, it can weigh down the pocket and fall out when bending over to do something. Even when carrying a purse, it didn't fit in the purse pocket or it was so tight that the phone was difficult to get out to answer or check. I traded a 90+ year-old relative my new larger phone for his (my old) smaller phone until the next trade in.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I did. Purchased the first 7+ and thought I'd love it. I hated the size. I carry my phone in front pants pockets or tops with pockets. In pants, the larger phone will fit, but frequently slipped out and fell between the seats in the car when sitting; getting in or out. In tops, it can weigh down the pocket and fall out when bending over to do something. Even when carrying a purse, it didn't fit in the purse pocket or it was so tight that the phone was difficult to get out to answer or check. I traded a 90+ year-old relative my new larger phone for his (my old) smaller phone until the next trade in.

I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the 13 Pro Max. While I do want a bigger screen and more battery capacity, I like the portability of my 11 Pro.

I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the 13 Pro Max. While I do want a bigger screen and more battery capacity, I like the portability of my 11 Pro.
The 120Hz screen will be a game-changer and hopefully, it convinces you to upgrade. The screen will be buttery smooth. Also, the upgraded camera's... being able to take photos of the sky at night... just amazing.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2018
Out of all the new features, my safest bet is upgraded Face ID. If not then that would be a hugely missed opportunity to profit off of people's mask wearing woes especially while the pandemic is still fresh in our memories

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
The 120Hz screen will be a game-changer and hopefully, it convinces you to upgrade. The screen will be buttery smooth. Also, the upgraded camera's... being able to take photos of the sky at night... just amazing.
Oh, I’m definitely upgrading! Just haven’t made up my mind on whether it’ll be a 13 Pro or a 13 Pro Max.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I thought we would see the event announcement already? I can't wait to get my hands on a 13 Pro Max.
I have had every iPhone since the first one and see no reason to stop now :)

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
Don't see those as being any significant upgrade over the 12 Pro, any improvement to speed, smoothness and camera would be indiscernible to the average user.

MikeAK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Don't see those as being any significant upgrade over the 12 Pro, any improvement to speed, smoothness and camera would be indiscernible to the average user.

Agreed. I don't know why some Apple fanboys keep talking up 120Hz like it's some tech leap forward. Android phones have had it for multiple years now and anyone whose used them will know that in real world usage it's hardly game changing. Will it be nice to have? Yes. But it isn't some massive tech leap like a lot of people around here like to claim it is.

Reactions: jbachandouris
Agreed. I don't know why some Apple fanboys keep talking up 120Hz like it's some tech leap forward. Android phones have had it for multiple years now and anyone whose used them will know that in real world usage it's hardly game changing. Will it be nice to have? Yes. But it isn't some massive tech leap like a lot of people around here like to claim it is.
I agree, but it’s still nice to have it. iPhone needs the higher refresher rate desperately. I guess we have to wait till the reviews are up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
I wonder carriers will still be offering trade in deals like last year, AT&T gave me $800 for my iPhone X when I upgraded to the 12 Pro.

B_mark_R

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
I wonder carriers will still be offering trade in deals like last year, AT&T gave me $800 for my iPhone X when I upgraded to the 12 Pro.
No doubt about it. AT&T is currently offering $1400 off the new z flip and z fold devices through Best Buy. I believe we will be getting at least $800 off through bill credits with trade in. AT&T quietly changed their financing to 36 months so they are fine with giving you a free phone in exchange for 3 years of predictable, guaranteed revenue.

• Love
Reactions: ratspg and LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
🤔

291107EE-462F-43B6-B1BC-B30CF8BA15C5.jpeg
16C2B8EB-20D5-4830-9AC8-7B9BED875310.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.