Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Got mine ordered for in-store pickup. Then noticed I selected the wrong phone for trade-in, and the order isn't attached to my Apple ID, though I did get confirmation minutes later. This is the first year I've had trouble in 3 years. What a cluster****.

Needless to say, my pre-saved order did not work this year. Card hasn't been charged either

Last edited:

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Tim, it's the yellow wire, plug in the yellow wire!

VoxUOnw.jpg

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ which one is your direct line to Apple?

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Had my phone, Mac and iPad on the order site.

The iPad was the way to order.

Didn't even use my preorder info. Just ordered a iPhone Pro 15 128 White Titanium and got a 9/22 delivery date.

Mac and iPhone still not loading the order site as of 8:14am EST.
Mine went through on phone app at 8:02

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The ISP did not create the constant error messages on the iPhone app when trying to complete the pre-order. This was all on Apple and it isn't the first time, it also won't be the last.
So is this a regional thing? I am truly asking because, contrary to a lot of the issues here, I had no issues at all. Not one - it couldn't have been more flawless. As soon as the store came up just at :01 after, my pre order loaded bag came up, I verified my order and hit 'place order'. It was so easy. And that's also Apple. And honestly, it's been that experience every year. Now I have moved from every single year to every other after the 11 - so 11, 13 and now 15, but even when they were at midnight, this has been a relatively simple process.

To be clear, I am not disputing you or saying you're wrong. I am genuinely trying to understand the differences. My daughter who is at college 2 hours to my west had a longer wait time - about :06 after but had no errors. So maybe the ISP angle isn't all wrong - but I wonder why the disparate experiences here.

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Wow. I thought the Blue Titanium would be more popular than Black for the Pro Max. However, I see in my area (Los Angeles and I checked Vegas and Utah too), the Black 256 GB is now not available for pickup in stores and the delivery date is now Oct 9 to 16. Also I thought the 512 GB would be more popular than the 256 GB - but looks like more folks are getting the 256 GB. Even see 1 TB options available in natural and blue. Very interesting. I got my order in for Sep 22 delivery (Black Titanium, 256 GB). I will be driving to Zion National Park that morning and had it shipped to the UPS Store there. Will be fun to shoot with the new camera in Zion and The Narrows. Yay!

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
First time ever ordering an iphone that I won’t get on release day. What a clusterf**k. At least I’m getting my Ultra Watch that day. Phone slipped to 10/4-10/9. SMH

I was about to post the same exact post, including the part about thankfully getting my upgraded Ultra watch next week (although I'm annoyed that the tap feature won't be available right away). I have been preordering since they first allowed it. This was awful.

Reactions: tripleburst

Wallsj

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
I ordered through At&T everything went smooth for 2 pro max with 9/22 delivery.

Is ATT good about sticking to the delivery date?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
View attachment 2262973

I couldn’t access trade ins on the store app, so I waited for the web store to open and had zero issues or delays whatsoever.

Best of luck!
Same thing happened to me. My wife couldn’t get into the app, so I tried to recreate her order and place it through my account. The trade-in section kept erroring out. Eventually, I was able to get into the Apple Store on my laptop, order her phone and enter the trade-in info. She’s still getting launch day delivery.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
ME TOO. I thought that maybe I wouldn't be able to get a 9/22 delivery date. I refreshed this thread and saw so many people commenting that they were done at like 8:01am. The Apple Store app didn't even load for me until like 8:07am and then it kept erroring. I guess there were enough people also having issues, so we were able to get our orders through eventually with 9/22 delivery date. 😅
You got yours?! Great! One thing’s certain: I won’t need coffee this morning. Bourbon instead. 😵‍💫

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Got all the way up to Pay with Apple Pay using my pre-order of a pre-order then it errored out and blew away my pre-order settings. I had to go through all the options again, so the pre-order settings were a complete bust for me.

I have a fri Sep 22nd delivery day for now. How good are they about sticking with that date? Does it ever get pushed back later once the chaos settles? It’s a birthday present for someone whose birthday is the 22nd so I’m feeling a bit worried.
If you got a confirmed Sep 22 date, you will get it on that date 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.