Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Update: *No Update* 🙃😂15+ Black. confirmation email @ 8:10 am. Purchased outright. Still "order in progress" - Apple card not charged. 🤣

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
It looks fine and says Preparing to ship. I have looked in deleted, both on my PC, phone and Ipad, the email from Apple just disappeared?? My card was charged a little after 6am
Panic over, found it under Trash, I was pretty sure I had not touched it but obviously not :oops: Can I blame it on being blonde lol. We had other things going on this morning so who knows. But thankfully all is good. Looking forward to the traveling starting this weekend.

Now I also remember the comment about the phone being sent via ship rather than air. Could these phone already be stateside for US??

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
If it makes you feel better, my status bar only goes from Processing to Ready for Pickup since I’m doing Apple Store pickup. I’m already at processing which means I’m about to just be going a week without updates. :oops:
Keep yourself busy. I work from home every Thursday only so its going to be a look week ahead.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Panic over, found it under Trash, I was pretty sure I had not touched it but obviously not :oops: Can I blame it on being blonde lol. We had other things going on this morning so who knows. But thankfully all is good. Looking forward to the traveling starting this weekend.

Now I also remember the comment about the phone being sent via ship rather than air. Could these phone already be stateside for US??
Id like to speculate that the ones going to stores, carriers, etc. are already here. The ones going to Apple I think would still be in China and awaiting a lift from UPS.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
If it makes you feel better, my status bar only goes from Processing to Ready for Pickup since I’m doing Apple Store pickup. I’m already at processing which means I’m about to just be going a week without updates. :oops:

That also means less daily checking/less stress…look at it that way.
I used to do delivery and then intercept at UPS CC Hub. While it was a rush, in store pickup is a little more peaceful with less hassle for me.

Nonetheless, this thread is still one of the best places to be for the week between preorders and release day.

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
It was great for me-once the store finally opened. 128 15Pro blue. (So basic! 😂) My son said his preorder disappeared and I have no idea what happened next-all I know is hours later he said he got “Natural”. We are all IUP.

How about you?

that BT is far from basic it is a beaut. same felt like I had to get the Apple store liquored up to get open 😆 🤣 scored the Natural Titanium Pro Max 9-22 😍

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Did anyone order a watch as well? What color combination did you go with? I think the starlight with clay band goes really well with the natural titanium
Screenshot_20230915_160328_Gallery.jpg

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I can't imagine doing In store and not knowing where your phone is during its travel stateside. But that's just me.

We have our reasons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can’t take off work or work from home on the release day. I had a really tough time with UPS last year about getting my iPhone to be held at the correct facility so it wouldn’t be delayed. I paid extra money to have it be held. Then, on delivery day, it said someone other than myself picked up my package. For an hour I thought my phone had been stolen after I spent hours and extra money for it to get sent to the right facility so it wouldn’t get stolen off my porch.

So for me, I’m much happier knowing I can just leave work, go to the Apple Store, and it will be ready for me. Total peace of mind. Missing out on some fun/excitement is worth it to me to not have to go through something like last year again.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Keep in mind, everyone, that tracking may be tricky this year. Apple is increasing ocean cargo shipping. That can take over 20 days. If they did that for the iPhone 15, many devices are already in the states and there will be no movement until next Thursday. But, don't let that discourage the detective work! It's a blast!

I saw reporting, maybe here, that Apple was building up stock of the new products in California a few weeks in advance of the release.

richardkor

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
When Wolfette moved to the UK this year I had fun tracking her EWR flight vs her kitty’s JFK flight with Flighty-they took off within 30 minutes of each other. It’s great for real time and seeing all the different flights around yours
Love Flighty! I work for an airline so i get to fly a lot. :)

Attachments

• 674BE2C0-9746-48B9-8C35-1AD20FF3C19C.jpeg
    674BE2C0-9746-48B9-8C35-1AD20FF3C19C.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 8F004688-409B-41D5-AE08-5101310F120D.jpeg
    8F004688-409B-41D5-AE08-5101310F120D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
We have our reasons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can’t take off work or work from home on the release day. I had a really tough time with UPS last year about getting my iPhone to be held at the correct facility so it wouldn’t be delayed. I paid extra money to have it be held. Then, on delivery day, it said someone other than myself picked up my package. For an hour I thought my phone had been stolen after I spent hours and extra money for it to get sent to the right facility so it wouldn’t get stolen off my porch.

So for me, I’m much happier knowing I can just leave work, go to the Apple Store, and it will be ready for me. Total peace of mind. Missing out on some fun/excitement is worth it to me to not have to go through something like last year again.
I completely understand and I wasn't trying to knock anyone that chooses to go that route. That sounds likely a terribly stressful situation you went through. I'd hate that!

I meant it more in jest, how I enjoy the tracking process; but also can empathize for what you went through.

I charge my 14 pro at least twice a day. it’s insanely bad. launch day now at 88% battery health

My 14 Pro Max 1TB was delivered a year ago on launch day and—today—my battery health is 96%. I use it every day. It rarely gets below 75% charge during the day. I also have it set to "Optimized Battery Charging". I put it on my wireless charger every night before I go to sleep.

ip14pmbat.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.