Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Check out the iPhone Pro Model Flagship colors. Which one stands out the most?

šŸ’š šŸ’™ šŸ©µ šŸ’œ šŸ©¶

View attachment 2263837

Ranking them:

1. Natural Titanium: This is definitely recency bias because it's new and the color I'll have in a week, but it seems the most different to me. I'm excited for it.
  2. Midnight Green: Should really be in 1st place, but again, recency bias of Natural Titanium. Also it's wild to me that that camera bump is that small - kind of comical looking.
  3. Deep Purple: Mixed feelings because I love it in bright light but it looks like mush 90% of the time.
  4. Sierra Blue: Really pretty and like that it's lighter for something different, but it looks too powdery most of the time to me.
  5. Pacific Blue: šŸ¤® Hate that blue-green color

ideaprison

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
Hawai'i
Had my 11Pro for 4 years and decided to go for the 15ProMax (black) this time around.

If only it arrived on the day I go for a week long trip so I could test out the new camera right away!
0.01% chance it arrives a day early? šŸ¤ž

• Haha
Reactions: PirateP

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
I wound really like if all Apple Stores has new devices on the floors so we could see/hold them AHEAD of pre-ordering. On the eco subject: there would be less returns, exchanges and more exact ordering. 99.9% of us have no idea what these devices really look like. Apple beauty shot has never proven a good go-by. Would kind of bro g some old school in-store launch day energy into the tune between keynote & pre-order.
That would cause an absolute cluster F for retail employees with customers asking for that phone. Way too much confusionā€¦. Unfortunately you have to decide whatā€™s more important to you; having the phone day 1 or getting the best color possible.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Random thoughts now that the stress/anticipation of getting in on a launch date preorderā€¦šŸ˜

This is the first time Iā€™ve ever been reeeeeally tempted to go naked. Man that titanium just looks sexy, and covering up the looks and feel of it with a case makes me kinda sad. But the first time I drop and nick it Iā€™d be gutted, so Iā€™ll probably go with a slim clear case.

Can anyone tell me if you can trade in a phone thatā€™s still on Verizon device payments? My son has become quite the photographer and the base 13 camera isnā€™t great so Iā€™d like to upgrade for his birthday, but I have him on a 3 year device plan that gives credits making it an essentially free phone if I ride it out, so I donā€™t really want to pay a ā€œpenaltyā€ in essence by paying that off. But I could do a trade-in on it through Apple and continue paying the balance, Iā€™d be all for that.

Lastly, I see so many of you going for the max storage. Genuinely curious (ok, Iā€™m nosy šŸ˜œ), what is filling up your phones?! Photos? If so, please please PLEASE tell me how you organize them so that you can find a specific photo quickly when youā€™re looking for it! I always go for the minimum 128gb because I upload my photos to a home storage device (WD MyCloud) and delete them from my phone. It drives me crazy to have a ton of photos on it (to me, ~200 is a lot) because I feel like I canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking for quickly. I sell a lot of items online and I may take a photo but not list the item for a month and by then it takes me too long to scroll to find what Iā€™m after. That said, I only utilize the ā€œrecentsā€ album so maybe Iā€™ve just solved my own problem?! šŸ˜…šŸ˜¬

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
You guys want to know what it sounds like. Well, here you go. Play the video. Volume up volume šŸ”Š šŸ†™ šŸ˜­

Sounds like you are scratching a jacket like a rain coat. It's fabric! šŸ§„
Yuck! Not that I use cases anyway but I feel like this is a huge mis-step by Apple here. Theyā€™re going to get raked through the coals for this one. Donā€™t be surprised if these are quietly retired and replaced with a different ā€œveganā€ leather option

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Random thoughts now that the stress/anticipation of getting in on a launch date preorderā€¦šŸ˜

This is the first time Iā€™ve ever been reeeeeally tempted to go naked. Man that titanium just looks sexy, and covering up the looks and feel of it with a case makes me kinda sad. But the first time I drop and nick it Iā€™d be gutted, so Iā€™ll probably go with a slim clear case.

Can anyone tell me if you can trade in a phone thatā€™s still on Verizon device payments? My son has become quite the photographer and the base 13 camera isnā€™t great so Iā€™d like to upgrade for his birthday, but I have him on a 3 year device plan that gives credits making it an essentially free phone if I ride it out, so I donā€™t really want to pay a ā€œpenaltyā€ in essence by paying that off. But I could do a trade-in on it through Apple and continue paying the balance, Iā€™d be all for that.

Lastly, I see so many of you going for the max storage. Genuinely curious (ok, Iā€™m nosy šŸ˜œ), what is filling up your phones?! Photos? If so, please please PLEASE tell me how you organize them so that you can find a specific photo quickly when youā€™re looking for it! I always go for the minimum 128gb because I upload my photos to a home storage device (WD MyCloud) and delete them from my phone. It drives me crazy to have a ton of photos on it (to me, ~200 is a lot) because I feel like I canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking for quickly. I sell a lot of items online and I may take a photo but not list the item for a month and by then it takes me too long to scroll to find what Iā€™m after. That said, I only utilize the ā€œrecentsā€ album so maybe Iā€™ve just solved my own problem?! šŸ˜…šŸ˜¬

Scratches give it character. The thing you need to worry about is the glass.

That said, mine goes naked this year.

Strangerjames

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012

Honestly, my phone is filled with pictures of my cat doing dumb stuff.
Move them to an external? Hell no. Sometimes I want a specific picture of my cat sneezing while my other cat licks his butt in the background.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023

the first cut is the deepestā€¦. but then youā€™ll get over it. I usually end up with at least one break but itā€™s only $29 with apple care and sometimes you get lucky and get a whole new phone (although less so these days)

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
I'm not defending leather, hardly. Whether it is vegan or not, unnecessarily turning every single case out there into trash every year because of a 0.03" change in height (really? that's actually necessary? Anyone actually believe that?) is an absolute disaster environmentally.

Yes, a "vegan" disaster, but a disaster nonetheless.

And *that* is the actual point: the talk track is intentionally designed to mislead. Your post is case-in-point, you have been misled to think "well, it's better than leather!" is somehow a validation (or, worse, a valid response to the actual point) that it's actually OK and you can feel good about it. The truth is, macroeconomically, generating more trash even if you're displacing leather cases is a terrible idea all around if you don't have to do it, because the cow already died, the carbon footprint of that case is sunk already (and, no recycling is not actually effective for most of these cases, even if the packaging has the nice green leaf and logo on it!).

You bring up EVs, a GREAT example. I love EVs! They are AMAZING! Are they equally amazing (ecologically) when replacing an ICE vehicle that is less than a year old that is driven a regular amount? Absolutely not. No way. But daaaaamn, people feel "good" driving one and buying one to replace a ICE vehicle that is young and not actually being used much, facts be damned, and marketers know it and exploit that without shame.
You are mischaracterizing my point. My point is:

A. All cases are a trash-creating money grab

AND

B. Itā€™s of 0 surprise they moved away from leather

They are not mutually exclusive

They are creating no new trash than before. They sold cases before, they sell cases now. It remains to be seen if these have a higher margin. Itā€™s reasonable to believe that the materials used as input to produce these cases are of lower carbon footprint than the old leather; thereā€™s no evidence to support that this claim is false.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Check out some of the close macro shots. In my opinion, they look cheap. It looks like a damn fabric. Wonder how much profit Apple is making selling those cases. Itā€™s a massive step frown from leather cases.

View attachment 2263857
View attachment 2263858
View attachment 2263859
View attachment 2263860
View attachment 2263861
View attachment 2263862
Not my photos.
My thing is donā€™t try to tell me this is as premium as a leather case and charge leather case prices. If they wouldā€™ve just said this is this was their sustainable option and then sold it for for $40. Then thatā€™s fine.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Ranking them:

1. Natural Titanium: This is definitely recency bias because it's new and the color I'll have in a week, but it seems the most different to me. I'm excited for it.
  2. Midnight Green: Should really be in 1st place, but again, recency bias of Natural Titanium. Also it's wild to me that that camera bump is that small - kind of comical looking.
  3. Deep Purple: Mixed feelings because I love it in bright light but it looks like mush 90% of the time.
  4. Sierra Blue: Really pretty and like that it's lighter for something different, but it looks too powdery most of the time to me.
  5. Pacific Blue: šŸ¤® Hate that blue-green color
I specifically chose to skip Pacific Blue (even though blue is my favorite color) because it was blue-green. I think I might have skipped the Sierra Blue because I put the wrong phone (space grey) in my bag. I was ok with it so I never got that blue but its very pretty. Deep Purple was what I had in the 14 Pro Max and I loved it but I longed for exactly the dark blue color they gave us this year. If they'd not have offered it in blue this year I probably would have gone with Black Titanium as I feel the natural is just too plain.

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Still at ā€œorder placedā€ for my pickup on 9/22.
Hate that everyone else seems to have moved to processing. Only thing I can think of is I had a case on my order as well? Could be causing a delay? Not sure.

• Sad
Reactions: LasersGoPewPew

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008

Yup photos and videos for me:

1694816591486.png

Iā€™m ok with 512gb for now though. I keep my photos on my device and on iCloud

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
The case is not the problem: the phone design is. Cases are only trash-creating money grabs if phone they are designed to fit has its dimensions changed arbitrarily or unnecessarily.

And, let's be honest, they are not moving away from leather for any reason you mentioned or any reason other than price. If leather was cheaper than these products, they'd find a way to tell the story that it was "a good thing".
You are mischaracterizing my point. My point is:

A. All cases are a trash-creating money grab

AND

B. Itā€™s of 0 surprise they moved away from leather

They are not mutually exclusive

My thing is donā€™t try to tell me this is as premium as a leather case and charge leather case prices. If they wouldā€™ve just said this is this was their sustainable option and then sold it for for $40. Then thatā€™s fine.
Agreed and well said. It comes down to the principalities again.

1694816681222.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.