Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
No! I donā€™t rock cases. I baby my iPhones and extra careful with it. I stopped using cases since iPhone 5 came out. Itā€™s been decade. Titanium will be durable tho.
I am curious how scratched up do they get in everyday life these last few years? Iā€™d prefer caseless but there is two things that drive me nuts: scratches and wrinkles on my blankets. I did use the iPhone 4 without a case and it was great. I donā€™t think it got any scratches. But that was before they costed $1500. šŸ¤£

Sugarcubes

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2014
Don't really usually post in these threads, or much at all, but this is the first time I'm ever pre-ordering an iPhone after many years of owning one.
Going from a 12 Pro Max (256gb gold) to a 15 Pro 512gb in Natural Titanium!
Just hoping I can get one, ordering through at&t's website.
Late reply but I got a preorder in early this morning for the exact phone I wanted, and itā€™s supposedly shipping out on the 21st.
So excited! I already have a green FineWoven case on the way too. May post pics when I get it!

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
You are mischaracterizing my point. My point is:

A. All cases are a trash-creating money grab

Unless theyā€™re bio-degradable. Easily recyclable is also a factor. It isnā€™t a black and white situation.

AND

B. Itā€™s of 0 surprise they moved away from leather

They are not mutually exclusive
Of course not. Leather isnā€™t a cheap material and itā€™s getting more expensive all the time. Using post consumer recycled materials to make the ā€œfine wovenā€ case is likely a lot cheaper and of course they still charge a premium leather price.

njg0ddess

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
IMG_7244.jpeg
Good evening all
Was not able to place my order on the app until 8:18 am kept getting error messageā€¦ Mu watch and phone are preparing to ship. I also could not get a pink phone so I upgraded my work phone to a regular 15 from iPhone 11 and that is still processing.

Question I have ups my choice if I used my work address will it still show up in the app?

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Man, these fine woven cases feel cheap and are too expensive for what they look like - they should be priced at $9.99 for what they look like. They will also get dirty really fast and be impossible to clean (imagine having fries while driving and touching the phone - even after wiping your hands there will be some residual oil. That is not coming off this case). Returning it and going to order a Spigen case from Amazon instead. I have come to the conclusion that the Apple cases are too overpriced and look cheap compared with cases available on Amazon at half or a third of the Apple cases's prices.

Last edited:

Kylin370

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
Still at ā€œorder placedā€ for my pickup on 9/22.
Hate that everyone else seems to have moved to processing. Only thing I can think of is I had a case on my order as well? Could be causing a delay? Not sure.
nah, still at order placed as well. My newly placed order for the case and screen protector went to processing only after 1hr at order placed =x

• Wow
Reactions: Eradik

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
And, let's be honest, they are not moving away from leather for any reason you mentioned or any reason other than price
Disagree. It is good business (smart marketing) to move to lower carbon footprint materials even if margin is identical, and maybe even if itā€™s less.

Iā€™d assume you agree, given you yourself pointed out that eco-friendliness-theater is literally a selling point. The business benefit need not ONLY be in cost of goods.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I am curious how scratched up do they get in everyday life these last few years? Iā€™d prefer caseless but there is two things that drive me nuts: scratches and wrinkles on my blankets. I did use the iPhone 4 without a case and it was great. I donā€™t think it got any scratches. But that was before they costed $1500. šŸ¤£

Not very. The danger is breaking the glass, not scratching the frame.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Still at ā€œorder placedā€ for my pickup on 9/22.
Hate that everyone else seems to have moved to processing. Only thing I can think of is I had a case on my order as well? Could be causing a delay? Not sure.
Iā€™m still stuck at order placed as well, if it helps. My app also is still telling me to get started on my preorder even though I already did it.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Dumb question- I ended up having to make my order for in-store pickup on release day because of the problems this morning and Iā€™ve never done one before. When I bring my old iPhone for the in-person trade in how does that work in terms of setting up the new phone? Will they let me keep my old phone on long enough to get through activation and 2FA?
I'm sure this is answered already. The last time I did in-store pickup was in 2019. I was able to setup my new iPhone at one of their tables and once I felt good, I returned my previous iPhone with an Apple Store employee. They confirmed that my iPhone was returned and I got the confirmation ASAP. It took me awhile to restore from backup so that's one of the reasons I don't do in-store pickup anymore. Also, I wouldn't be able to track my future iPhone's trip from Asia!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I read a bloomberg report that ā€˜Made in Indiaā€™ iPhone 15 is being made available at launch. Does this also include the pro versions?
My understanding is that 15 and 15 Plus Indian-made models will be made available in India from 9/22. Theyā€™ll be made for export to other countries beginning December. Not sure about the Pro models, maybe next year.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Disagree. It is good business (smart marketing) to move to lower carbon footprint materials even if margin is identical, and maybe even if itā€™s less.

Iā€™d assume you agree, given you yourself pointed out that eco-friendliness-theater is literally a selling point. The business benefit need not ONLY be in cost of goods.

I seriously doubt thatā€™s the bottom line factor. As I said, leather is an increasingly expensive material thatā€™s getting more and more expensive over time. Apple likely saves many hundreds of millions of dollars by switching to a material with a lower price point.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Random thoughts now that the stress/anticipation of getting in on a launch date preorderā€¦šŸ˜

This is the first time Iā€™ve ever been reeeeeally tempted to go naked. Man that titanium just looks sexy, and covering up the looks and feel of it with a case makes me kinda sad. But the first time I drop and nick it Iā€™d be gutted, so Iā€™ll probably go with a slim clear case.

Can anyone tell me if you can trade in a phone thatā€™s still on Verizon device payments? My son has become quite the photographer and the base 13 camera isnā€™t great so Iā€™d like to upgrade for his birthday, but I have him on a 3 year device plan that gives credits making it an essentially free phone if I ride it out, so I donā€™t really want to pay a ā€œpenaltyā€ in essence by paying that off. But I could do a trade-in on it through Apple and continue paying the balance, Iā€™d be all for that.

Lastly, I see so many of you going for the max storage. Genuinely curious (ok, Iā€™m nosy šŸ˜œ), what is filling up your phones?! Photos? If so, please please PLEASE tell me how you organize them so that you can find a specific photo quickly when youā€™re looking for it! I always go for the minimum 128gb because I upload my photos to a home storage device (WD MyCloud) and delete them from my phone. It drives me crazy to have a ton of photos on it (to me, ~200 is a lot) because I feel like I canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking for quickly. I sell a lot of items online and I may take a photo but not list the item for a month and by then it takes me too long to scroll to find what Iā€™m after. That said, I only utilize the ā€œrecentsā€ album so maybe Iā€™ve just solved my own problem?! šŸ˜…šŸ˜¬

I'm going naked this year (sorry for the visual fellas šŸ¤­) for two reasons:
1. Dark blue is my color and I'll be damned if I don't get to see it in its full glory every time I use it
2. AppleCare+

Yes I know AC+ won't fix scratches but I really want to go naked. Maybe if it does get dropped it just "happens" to have worse than just scratch damage (kidding ... or am I ...)

That said I might get a Peel or Totalee case for peace of mind. But I've never been a chonky case girl anyways.

For some reason my software engineering butt can't even figure out the multi-quote feature but in response to your last paragraph. I usually get 256 and don't ever come close to using it all, especially because I have 2tb of iCloud storage. However, this year I just said, well, lets get 512GB just in case. I am currently using Apple Music for my music but I might at some point want to start swapping out streaming songs for true lossless local copies.

tl;dr; I just felt like it lol.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.