Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Ever feel like everyone was invited to a party except you? That's me right now

IMG_0020.jpeg

Willc62

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2013
Hi Everyone! I have a question about pre-order pickup. I accidentally left my husband's name as the pickup contact when I placed my order. Has anyone had experience adding a person after they've already placed their order? Can you do this on your order status page or do I have to call? Thanks!

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Maybe they’re scanning pallet by pallet into the truck to the airport.
And that would be okay, honestly. It would also align with the pattern I noticed earlier, where it seems that people are reporting PTS in different waves at around the 45 minute mark of every hour. But we have absolutely no way of finding out. And, I know this is going to sound really bad, but considering I was one of the first people to successfully place the preorder - and granted even Apple says its a "first come first serve" basis - I should have been one of the first to switch to PTS at this point. Actually no, not even one of the first. I just should have been flipped hours ago with one of the earlier waves.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
The recycling point is one worth discussing (I know you just brought it up and aren't saying it is a viable option, but gave me pause to think it should be discussed):

First, very few recycling facilities will accept phone cases. Even if they are sold with a green leaf icon and a recycling logo because academically speaking they might have some possibility of recycling, in reality, the recyclers that can and will actually recycle it are exceedingly rare.

Second, let's just say they are recyclable at 100% of facilities (the reality is that it's in the single digits): the percentage of each case that is actually recycled is incredibly low. It's not like the entire thing gets turned into a t-shirt magically.

Third, fine, let's say it's 100% recycled. The energy required as an input to that process is massive. Shred it, sort the shavings by density, then melt them down, ship them...all requires a lot of carbon input, tooling, labor, and the like.

Is it better than a landfill or ocean? Probably. But that's not the point, the point is that even if they are recyclable on paper (so consumers can "feel good" about it), the facilities and economics aren't there, so they end up in the waste stream, even if I throw mine in the "blue, feel-good bin".

The economics and ecological story simply don't work out for anything but reuse, but that has been artificially blocked by Apple and a needless 0.03" tolerance change. But, well, they have a neat-o 5 minute film on "sustainability" and a very Jony Ive style sustainability report that asserts they are very serious about the environment, so, well, I can trust them it's totally cool I'm chucking this other-than-arbitrary-design-changes perfectly useful piece of plastic into the recycling bin is actually totally a good idea, right?

Unless they’re bio-degradable. Easily recyclable is also a factor. It isn’t a black and white situation.

Of course not. Leather isn’t a cheap material and it’s getting more expensive all the time. Using post consumer recycled materials to make the “fine woven” case is likely a lot cheaper and of course they still charge a premium leather price.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Hi Everyone! I have a question about pre-order pickup. I accidentally left my husband's name as the pickup contact when I placed my order. Has anyone had experience adding a person after they've already placed their order? Can you do this on your order status page or do I have to call? Thanks!
As far as I'm concerned, no. But you could probably get Apple to change it from their end by using the "Chat Now" option on the order status page.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
This thread is the fastest moving thread whenever it’s new iPhone season.

I secured a Blue and Natural Ti for pick up 22 Sep at 8am when the Apple Store opens in Sydney! Will create a first impressions and photos thread when I get them.

I got the Blue Ti and Natural Ti for the partner but I’m having serious doubts about my own Blue Ti. Maybe I should’ve gone for the flagship colour instead like I did the last couple of years.
Hey there! Welcome to the celebration!!

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
does anyone know what home Apple Store opens on launch day sept 22? Do they open earlier or is it the typical 10 am to 8pm.

I’m thinking of just going Friday morning after I get off work at 730 in the morning

My local Apple Store is in a mall and traditionally open at 10am, but in store pickup preorders had time slots available starting at 8am.

Reactions: hungryteresa

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
if your at prepare to ship you should be able to see tracking info tomorrow via ups my choice

all processing folks prob by Sunday
Just checked, don’t see it yet in UPS. But my case is there and it’s coming directly from PA. I wonder if some iPhones are already in the states.

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Yeah I know lol, it's just I've seen it change to processing for some people and I feel left out.
Don't feel left out for my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I got my order in time for launch delivery date. From pre-order Friday to Thursday, my order showed "PTS." Then boom, Friday morning, everything was updated. Stuff can lag and not update for days on end, and then the updates come flooding in.

Reactions: lindros2 and Wolfs

Curry119

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2023
They sold me this time around. My 12 Pro has been a great phone and could have lasted another year but this was a substantial update. I’m passing my 12 Pro down to my father and upgrading to the Pro Max Natural 256. Took me till 8:22 to order but I got in store pickup on the 22nd.

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.