Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
This is why I have been on the phone w/ Apple all day today. Only to learn the system is backlogged and I have to call back tomorrow. We shall see how this pans out. At the end of the day, nothing’s actually wrong. I have the device I wanted available on the day I wanted. Just some oddities this time around. All is good.
I don't get it. You did place your pre-order right and got a confirmation number, or is there something I am missing?

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Will apple stores have 15pro max in stock next week on launch day for walk ins? Since deliveries slipping to November I was wondering if I stand in line before the store opens on Friday will give me the chance to get one on launch day? Anyone know?
keep an eye out too because every year someone throws up a handy website that lets you see all the available stock for your area. It's how I snagged my 14 last year. You just have to move quickly if you see something available. I can't speak to this years stock levels but it took a few days to show a Pro Max for my carrier. Stock for everything was very thin in the week or two after launch.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
They switched to a USB C port. I think the phone comes with a single cable, but you probably will need other cables? Also, a charging block too if you don't have a USB-C block already. Apple is selling a USB-C to lightning adapter.
It comes with a 3 foot basic cable, if that. I stocked up on Anker charging blocks and cables. This charging block: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4YTB56H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And these cables - 6 foot, nylon braided: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LCJPZ1P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Movement!

IMG_0021.png

islack

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2020
keep an eye out too because every year someone throws up a handy website that lets you see all the available stock for your area. It's how I snagged my 14 last year. You just have to move quickly if you see something available. I can't speak to this years stock levels but it took a few days to show a Pro Max for my carrier. Stock for everything was very thin in the week or two after launch.

is it a different website than https://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com/ ?

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I went back and looked at the screenshots I kept (just for this purpose) for the 12 pre-order and the delivery popped into my UPS page that Saturday evening, November 8th. Remember how we had to wait until November to do the pre-order? I mean what was going on why couldn't Apple do it sooner? So late in the year the sun was down when it got delivered.
Wasn’t that the Covid year? With the China lockdowns we were lucky to get iPhones at all.

Reactions: hungryteresa

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Saw that my phone changed to Preparing To Ship!! I am so excited!! :)

After the last 6 months with major health issues that I will unfortunately be dealing with for the rest of my life now, I'm really lucky and happy to even be here to even be able to buy a new iPhone, there was a point where I didn't think that was going to happen.

So happy to be able to be here with my Apple Family again for another year.

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Saw that my phone changed to Preparing To Ship!! I am so excited!! :)

After the last 6 months with major health issues that I will unfortunately be dealing with for the rest of my life now, I'm really lucky and happy to even be here to even be able to buy a new iPhone, there was a point where I didn't think that was going to happen.

So happy to be able to be here with my Apple Family again for another year.
Glad you’re hanging in there, and with us!

copycam

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
256 GB Natural Pro Max switched to Preparing to Ship earlier today. Anyone else? CDT btw

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Got my blue woven fabric case today and it is going right back. Hate the feel of it. Feels like a scratchier type of suede. I do not see how this thing will stay looking nice more than a couple of days, even if babied.
Mine is on its way to me. Everyone seems to be disappointed in their quality and returning them. I'm thinking I should just tell UPS to return to sender.

I've been trying to search for an alternative case but I'm not liking the ones I'm seeing. Apple really dropped the ball with both colors and moving away from leather.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Mine is on its way to me. Everyone seems to be disappointed in their quality and returning them. I'm thinking I should just tell UPS to return to sender.

I've been trying to search for an alternative case but I'm not liking the ones I'm seeing. Apple really dropped the ball with both colors and moving away from leather.
I wound be interested in Apple’s take on an ultra-thin case - which I think is the case the devices come in. But still…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.