Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Mine is on its way to me. Everyone seems to be disappointed in their quality and returning them. I'm thinking I should just tell UPS to return to sender.

I've been trying to search for an alternative case but I'm not liking the ones I'm seeing. Apple really dropped the ball with both colors and moving away from leather.
Try it out. Maybe you will like it. I just really don't like the feel of it. It also feels like any sort of moisture or even oils from skin will cause some bad staining.

Reactions: MrENGLISH

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Got my blue woven fabric case today and it is going right back. Hate the feel of it. Feels like a scratchier type of suede. I do not see how this thing will stay looking nice more than a couple of days, even if babied.
another one bites the dust

Reactions: ksujoel

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Mine is on its way to me. Everyone seems to be disappointed in their quality and returning them. I'm thinking I should just tell UPS to return to sender.

I've been trying to search for an alternative case but I'm not liking the ones I'm seeing. Apple really dropped the ball with both colors and moving away from leather.

Nomad’s Horween case looks nice:

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It comes with a 3 foot basic cable, if that. I stocked up on Anker charging blocks and cables. This charging block: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4YTB56H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And these cables - 6 foot, nylon braided: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LCJPZ1P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I got something pretty similar but cheaper (older model?):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BN8KLH5?th=1

and the 10 ft nylon braided

Does anyone any recommendations for magsafe stands? I don't have one yet. It'd be nice if it could also charge my watch? I know Anker has one?

Anyway, it's getting late in NY. I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully we'll see some more movement tomorrow.

David Knowles

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2020

Does anyone any recommendations for magsafe stands? I don't have one yet. It'd be nice if it could also charge my watch? I know Anker has one?

Anyway, it's getting late in NY. I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully we'll see some more movement tomorrow.
I’ve had the belkin 3 in 2 for a while now.

I’m very happy with it. It charges the watch, phone, and AirPods all at once

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
I’m not gonna lie. I’m a little irritated that I got a Oct 9 - 16 date. All because of the issues with the site . Trying to be optimistic 🥹
I hear ya there. It might have been easier to accept if it was an error you made that delayed it or something because then you can only blame yourself lol. But when it’s completely out of your control like that, it’s annoying. Hopefully it might even get delivered before the date range you’ve been quoted 🤞🏻

Got my blue woven fabric case today and it is going right back. Hate the feel of it. Feels like a scratchier type of suede. I do not see how this thing will stay looking nice more than a couple of days, even if babied.
Wow! that sucks. Thank you for your honest review. Seems like Apple dropped the ball with the Woven case.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Could either of you please tell me how thin the case is? This is the first time i've wanted an Apple case because the fabric will help me with grip and my sweaty palms. It seems like its thin enough that I wont mind it but as someone who has no case or a thin case from Totallee / peel / amazon brand (torras, etc), I am picky when it comes to other cases. The being grippy plus easy to clean is the main reason I want this case.
It's pretty thin. I think it has less bulk than the leather case I have on my 14 Pro. I like thin cases also, and this case would be fine for me a far as bulk goes. I'm not sure how easy it is to clean. Someone on Twitter took one apart. It has a very thin layer of memory foam in the back.

Reactions: Sikh
I actually thought that 2020 would be the year that we would NOT have an iPhone. I'm glad we did, though.
Same! Somehow Apple pulled it off. It was really a rough year with COVID-19. I think they launched the iPhone 12 Pro Max sometime in October/November. It was out late! Crazy times. I remember tracking the flights was so hard during that time. Apple solely relied on CargoLux. It was just crazy! The iPhone 12 Pre-Order Shipping thread is pretty interesting as I speak. The tracking history is all over the place and it's very unpredictable. I remember almost everyone was quarantined too.

Last edited:

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing the links. Appreciate ya!

• Love
Reactions: hungryteresa

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Always go with a tried and true method when it comes to cases. I've been using the apple silicone cases since the iPhone 6 and they never failed me.

I wound be interested in Apple’s take on an ultra-thin case - which I think is the case the devices come in. But still…
We sould write a letter to Tim Cook and let him know the new Apple Woven case quality sucks. Silicon cases seems more durable and a better choice this year.

Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 Cable, Lightning/Type C/Micro USB Cable for iPhone, iPad, Huawei, HTC, LG, Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Android Smartphones, iPad Pro 2018 and More(3ft, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07215381G?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_EZEY7GMXGRMS236XT8NX

We need this But usb c not usb a.
Nice! It's the same concept as this.

IMG_2439 2.JPG

Reactions: svish

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Wow! Started with the Original iPhone. Mad respect! That's so cool.

Have you been upgrading every year?
Didn't everybody? Just kidding. I stood in line at the AT&T store in Lanham, MD for the original iPhone on Jun 29, 2007. First in, first out. The crowd cheered as I came out of the store. Also upgraded every year since then.👍

Didn't everybody? Just kidding. I stood in line at the AT&T store in Lanham, MD for the original iPhone on Jun 29, 2007. First in, first out. Also upgraded every year since then.👍
I didn't LOL! I was in high school and I was too broke. All the rich kids had it in high school tho. This is when Motorola RAZR & Sidekick phones were also very popular. Flex on another level!

1694841120561.png

motorola-razr-1.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.