Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
I hear ya there. It might have been easier to accept if it was an error you made that delayed it or something because then you can only blame yourself lol. But when it’s completely out of your control like that, it’s annoying. Hopefully it might even get delivered before the date range you’ve been quoted 🤞🏻
I hear ya there. It might have been easier to accept if it was an error you made that delayed it or something because then you can only blame yourself lol. But when it’s completely out of your control like that, it’s annoying. Hopefully it might even get delivered before the date range you’ve been quoted 🤞🏻
Honestly that’s what I’m hoping for a sooner date. (This is me trying to be positive lol) but if not then obviously out of my control. Last year I didn’t even have a pre pre order . I went in and did all the clicking and got release day. This year for the first time I did a pre pre order. Which should make the process easier but it didn’t. 🤦🏾‍♀️

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Me, I started with the original iPhone.

I got the first iPhone in July of 2007. My wife suggested I get it! She saw me eyeing it and finally suggested I get one. It was amazing as we really didn't have $500 to spend on a cell phone. I got the 4GB model, which was pretty good as there were no apps to put on it and the photos were around 300 to 600 KB for a 1200 x 1600 pixel image. I think my music library was a handful of mostly 64kbps files, so it didn't require much space.

I've had a new one every year since, and at least one year I got two- in 2017 I got an 8 Plus, and gave it to my wife when a month later I got my X. They were both amazing screens!

I have another Pro Max on the way. I love the big 6.7" screen and marvel at the stunningly beautiful 3.5" original iPhone screen, described by Steve Jobs as a "big screen." And compared to the little Sony Ericson and Motorola phones I had before that, the 3.5" screen was huge, and colorful.

Bummed i'll be traveling when the 15 Pro Max arrives, but that happens every few years as I do travel a lot in September and October.

Enjoy your new phones, everybody!

PS Amazing that on ordering day this thread is over 200 pages!

I started with the OG. Purchased it one week after it first launched. Bought the 8GB model. I eventually sold it and later acquired a 4GB that I still have to this day.

The only iPhones years I have ever skipped are 2013, 2018, and 2021.
Nice!!! You were on the verge of skipping this year iPhone tho. You be playing man!

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I think 2010 was the final design Steve might have had a hand in, and 2012 was just a revision of that 2010 design. But who knows for sure?
It would be interesting to know the answer to that. I'm sure 'Apple' would bristle at the question though because in their eyes Steve Jobs' influence is present in every Apple product. iPhone was just one product of the multitude that Apple updated every year and he even hosted WWDC that last summer before his death. They introduced iCloud that summer and this was after already rolling out the iPad 2. I can hardly get through 8 hours of my job everyday but while fighting cancer for eight years he introduced products that have changed our lives forever. Remember those days? Ipad in March, iPhone in June, WWDC, then Macs/iPods in September. I envy the bandwidth that man must have had.

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
iPhone line up with major hardware change evolution!

My personal favorite: 2010 design. What's yours?

View attachment 2264246
I loved my iPhone 4 and 5! I thought they were very futuristic at the time. Those phones got me through high school. The round volume buttons are the kind of detail we don’t see anymore and I think they look more premium than the pill buttons we’ve had since the 6.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Agreed! I'm not going to lie. iPhone 15 Pro Max is giving retro iPhone 5 vibes. It's beautifully designed. It does give me that major slate vibes.

F6GItGMWoAAUvRz
I too love the slate color. I was really torn with the color on the 15 pro max. I ended up with natural titanium. I got burned with “deep blue” or whatever the color was that was on the 12 pro. But now with Apple Watches I kinda want my phone and watch to match.

Any huge changes that they are talking about with iOS 17?
Personally I think the battery life has been amazing and post-processing images have been improved so much. It's awesome!

Check out the top 17 features. Outstanding!

If you have the time and are willing to grab some popcorn to watch a movie 🍿🎥. Check this one out. It's 2+ hours long. 350+ Changes and features. :)

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
2012 iPhone 5 is Slate. I still think it's the most beautiful phone they've ever made. And because of the lead time on designing iPhones of one to two years it was probably the last one that had any input from Steve Jobs.
I loved the iPhone 5 with its chamfered edges. It was stunning and so modern after the rounded look of the first few years.

Reactions: Wolfs and Nanotyrns

Nickme

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
My EU order (Netherlands) already is ready for shipment, although the delivery date still mentions the 25th.

Any chance I will receive it on releaseday based on prior years? This is the first time ever I don’t have delivery date on releaseday for my iPhone. And I pre-order them every single year.

OGL118H.jpg

I know for 99.9% certainty that during the order process the delivery date mentioned 22nd. And after ordering it showed 25th all of a sudden.
Last year Apple said my iPhone would be delivered a week late past the September 16 launch day. My order like yours said preparing to ship, within a couple of days the status changed and I ended up receiving my iPhone 14 Pro on launch day. They notified me by email. I know Apple like to under promise and over deliver. So good luck you might get yours on the 22 September.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Personally I think the battery life has been amazing and post-processing images have been improved so much. It's awesome!

Check out the top 17 features. Outstanding!

If you have the time and are willing to grab some popcorn to watch a movie 🍿🎥. Check this one out. It's 2+ hours long. 350+ Changes and features. :)

Wow, awesome! I'll check it out over the weekend. :)

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Ok, refresh my memory, Apple site purchasers, do we start seeing the UPS tracking numbers Sunday? For as much as I've done this, you would think I have the actual days down to a science, but I couldn't remember when the tracking numbers will start showing up. :) Can't wait for this to start! :)

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

iLOLWUT

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Got my pre order on the apple store app like usual in at 2:01 am (Hawaii), had the pre-order all set up, worked fine. 15 pro max black 1tb, coming from the 14 pro max 1tb.

My girlfriend had zero luck on the apple store app, wouldn't open, and when it did, kept crashing. Ended up using the att app and got hers ordered for launch day delivery. She's coming from a 13 pro to a 15 pro max.

We'll see if I continue the launch day streak delivery, mine currently says monday the 25th, and hers says 22. Mine has said a post launch day delivery for multiple years, and always shows up on launch day (3 days earlier than the apple order says). Fingers crossed.

We both ordered the fine woven case, having second thoughts after some of the comments here.

Reactions: MrENGLISH
Ranking them:

1. Natural Titanium: This is definitely recency bias because it's new and the color I'll have in a week, but it seems the most different to me. I'm excited for it.
  2. Midnight Green: Should really be in 1st place, but again, recency bias of Natural Titanium. Also it's wild to me that that camera bump is that small - kind of comical looking.
  3. Deep Purple: Mixed feelings because I love it in bright light but it looks like mush 90% of the time.
  4. Sierra Blue: Really pretty and like that it's lighter for something different, but it looks too powdery most of the time to me.
  5. Pacific Blue: 🤮 Hate that blue-green color
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ which ones stands out most for you? I’m so curious!
Thank you for ranking them.

Honestly, I'm a Gemini. My birthday is in June. We are known to be indecisive and have split personality. Having that being said that, they all look great to me. But the one that stood out the most to me was:

Sierra Blue 🩵. Apple did an amazing job with the color. It was refreshing and had a cool feeling about it. Still to this day, I use it daily and I praise the color.

Natural Titanium looks great. It gives me classic retro vibes. It's different. You can tell it's a new iPhone 15 Pro Max model.

Midnight Green was nice but the color started showing discoloration 1 year later.

Deep Purple looks cool. I have a love-and-hate feeling towards it. It's purple. It's nice but it got boring over time.

Pacific Blue: One of a kind. It will always remind me of COVID times. Even with the whole world being shut down. I was glad Apple iPhone Project Management team pulled it off while working from home via Zoom meetings.

F6C0P-aWEAEY7u-

Last edited:

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
I do remember all the places it scans through, though coming to the US. :) That's when it really gets exciting, watching them move through all all the scanned cities in China/Alaska/on to clear customs in Louisville/and then separating out to each state to be delivered. :) LET'S GO!! :)

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Mine says delivered next Friday the 22nd. It amazes me. A friend of mine went on the Apple app and ordered one tonight and the delivery date is out in November. First thing this morning when I got mine at 7:02 AM CST, I was able to get in that first group for next Friday delivery. :) Definitely pays to get on there early.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I got something pretty similar but cheaper (older model?):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BN8KLH5?th=1

and the 10 ft nylon braided

Does anyone any recommendations for magsafe stands? I don't have one yet. It'd be nice if it could also charge my watch? I know Anker has one?

Anyway, it's getting late in NY. I'm going to go to bed. Hopefully we'll see some more movement tomorrow.
I have the Belkin 3 in 1 that Apple sells on their website. I like it but the Anker one takes up less space and it is fast charging. Also you can put the phone on the charger horizontally for the new night mode that is coming in iOS 17 Plus it is made by Anker! I keep spending money today!!! Getting a big 3% back on my Apple Card! Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.