Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Keep in mind the White iPhone is not the same as last years iPhone 14 Pro. It's not completely white.
Yes, I know. ;) It's more of an off-white, but it still looks absolutely gorgeous in every video I've seen from YouTubers.

This morning was absolute chaos. I had both the website on my Mac open and the App Store app on my iPhone. My cousin who lives in another state got up with me as well. The website actually never loaded for me even after 30 minutes of refreshing the page. And I must have restarted the App Store app at least 200 times before it finally went through. The checkout didn't work the first time, but thankfully worked the second time. It didn't go through until 5:06 AM and I got my confirmation e-mail at 5:08 AM that I'd be receiving my 1TB White Titanium Pro Max on launch day, so yay. My cousin got her 3 phones at 5:02 AM and the website worked for her instantly. Go figure. I'm pretty darn excited, though.

giphy.gif

My cousin, she's a lot like you, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ (also, welcome back). She bought 3 iPhones because she couldn't decide on the color she liked the most, lol. I've gone with the white color for my last 4 iPhones. I'm never disappointed.

T8Pbzuk.png

giphy.gif

Yes, I know. ;) It's more of an off-white, but it still looks absolutely gorgeous in every video I've seen from YouTubers.

This morning was absolute chaos. I had both the website on my Mac open and the App Store app on my iPhone. My cousin who lives in another state got up with me as well. The website actually never loaded for me even after 30 minutes of refreshing the page. And I must have restarted the App Store app at least 200 times before it finally went through. The checkout didn't work the first time, but thankfully worked the second time. It didn't go through until 5:06 AM and I got my confirmation e-mail at 5:08 AM that I'd be receiving my 1TB White Titanium Pro Max on launch day, so. My cousin got her 3 phones at 5:02 AM and the website worked for her instantly. Go figure. I'm pretty darn excited, though.

giphy.gif

My cousin, she's a lot like you, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ (also, welcome back). She bought 3 iPhones because she couldn't decide on the color she liked the most, lol. I've gone with the white color for my last 4 iPhones. I'm never disappointed.
@Bananasaurus OMG! I've been waiting for you.

I read your messages and you have been released. I'm so sorry about what happened. Please forgive me. It was not under my control. I hope you can accept my apologies. Thank you for all your love and support.

Welcome back! Great choices on ordering the 1TB White Titanium Pro Max. YAY! you got launched day deliveries. Woo hoo! Can't wait until tracking starts populating. Are you ready?

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
Anyone know if you're able to change the pickup time at the Apple Store? I tried calling earlier, but was too busy.

Yeah if it’s 80% recycled then it should be 80% reduced rate
Why are we stuck paying a premium price for a recycled product? It makes no sense.

Thinking about emailing Tim Cook and asking him that question but I have a feeling it will piss him off.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
@Bananasaurus OMG! I've been waiting for you.
Aww, thanks. 💕

I read your messages and you have been released.
Yes, I'm finally free.

giphy.gif

I'm so sorry about what happened. Please forgive me. It was not under my control. I hope you can accept my apologies.
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I'm glad you're back. This thread would be strange without you.

Thank you for all your love and support.
You're welcome. :)

Welcome back!
200.gif

Great choices on ordering the 1TB White Titanium Pro Max. YAY! you got launched day deliveries. Woo hoo! Can't wait until tracking starts populating. Are you ready?
I'm pretty excited. I can't wait for the tracking festivities to begin.

giphy.gif

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
" data-source="post: 32485309" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Why are we stuck paying a premium price for a recycled product? It makes no sense.

Thinking about emailing Tim Cook and asking him that question but I have a feeling it will piss him off.

You don’t have to. I got myself one to try it but if I don’t like it I won’t hesitate returning it and going for a Bellroy leather case. I had a Bellroy leather case for my Pixel 7 Pro and it felt just like the ones Apple make which I bought every year. I am just not happy with the color options Bellroy got for the 15 Pro Max this year.

Aww, thanks. 💕

Yes, I'm finally free.

giphy.gif

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I'm glad you're back. This thread would be strange without you.

You're welcome. :)

200.gif

I'm pretty excited. I can't wait for the tracking festivities to begin.

giphy.gif
Thank you! Glad to have you here. Did you order an iPhone 14 Pro Max in Silver last year with us?

Reactions: Bananasaurus

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Yeah, 1:17AM here my time, so better get some sleep. No one commented when I asked when we think the UPS tracking numbers will start popping up for next Friday deliveries. I was thinking from past years it was maybe by Sunday/Monday, but I couldn't remember, exactly. Talk to everyone later on today. :)
You’re right, I too remember it as Sunday/Monday!

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
You’re right, I too remember it as Sunday/Monday!
I couldn't even enjoy my phone on launch day last year because I was going to a family reunion and my phone arrived the day I left, so I couldn't even take it to my vacay to California and had to wait a week. My grandpa picked it up off my doorstep for me, though. It was a great vacation, but I wish I had been able to take higher quality pics.

giphy.gif

I couldn't even enjoy my phone on launch day last year because I was going to a family reunion and my phone arrived the day I left, so I couldn't even take it to my vacay to California and had to wait a week. My grandpa picked it up off my doorstep for me, though. It was a great vacation, but I wish I had been able to take higher quality pics.

giphy.gif
I think I remember you had trouble with the UPS acting up too. So annoying! You took pictures with iPhone XR I think.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

giphy.gif
Heyyy that’s right, I remember you! Welcome back!

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Anyone know if you're able to change the pickup time at the Apple Store? I tried calling earlier, but was too busy.
I usually go to the UPS CC to pick up my iPhone, it's an almost every year ritual. I often go to the Apple Store on the way home to see what is shaking there.

This year I'm traveling, so no early pickup for me! But I've never had an Apple Store launch day pickup, or not since early days that I don't remember.

My experience with other pickup times at the Apple Store has been that I can go check in with the line foremen and if they can fit me in, they do. I live fairly close so it's not a big problem to drive there, but it has worked quite well for me. But not sure about iPhone launch day, though they always seem to be very well staffed at that time.

I do remember picking up at UPS CC and going to see if a color I preferred with the storage I wanted was available at the store and someone was able to talk through the options with me. So it seems I could have bought a phone there with no pickup time scheduled, or phone with my name already on it.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I think I remember you had trouble with the UPS acting up too. So annoying! You took pictures with iPhone XR I think.
Yes, the XR served me well. But now I'm back to being a yearly upgrader again. I did fix UPS, but um ... now my UPS account is broken again right around this time of year (this is the kind of luck I have). So ... I'm in the same situation as before.

200.gif

Hopefully I can get it fixed soon. If I can't do all the fun tracking again, at least I'll still enjoy all the commotion in here.

I want to know why Apple is charging $60 for the Apple Woven case. The price of it just doesn't sound right. I think $29.99 would have been better.
Honestly, I think the silicon cases were garbage as well. I usually have 3 or 4 cases that I rotate on my iPhone out of boredom, and I had one of the Apple silicon cases. And the first time I dropped it, the corner ripped entirely off and it almost cracked my screen. I've never had a case fall apart that easily from a drop. These look to be even cheaper. No thanks. I'm back to using Spigen cases. CASETiFY also makes great cases.

Last edited:

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
For anyone that has doubts about the new finewoven cases. Watch this
Wow!
Thank you for this…
I guess I am going with a cheap clear one for now and wait a couple of weeks before I’ll buy a mulberry case… it looks great but after watching the review…
I don’t know how long it’ll look nice… better wait for some real life experience…
If it is really *that* bad then I think apple might even have to upgrade them…

My iPhone is still in “prepare to ship”… so nothing new here…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.