Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Empath_Energy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
T-Mobile folks...

I ordered my phone on T-Mobile this morning around 8:17am EST and my $1,000 trade in credit was split. $375 to the entire bill then remaining $625 over 24 month credits towards the phone.

Came out to $23.92 for $1,199 for 15 Pro Max

However I realized after ordering when going to the Apple. Com that it said the same phone with the $1,000 trade in for T-Mobile was only $8.30

By that math they are applying the entire $1,000 to the phone payments instead of the bill.

Soooo Is this accurate or a type-o???

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Didn't everybody? Just kidding. I stood in line at the AT&T store in Lanham, MD for the original iPhone on Jun 29, 2007. First in, first out. The crowd cheered as I came out of the store. Also upgraded every year since then.👍

I had to wait for the first iPhone. But after that I took a day off from work so I could stand in line. One year I was the last person in line who got a phone. I don't remember which one that was. The 3G maybe. I've skipped a few years here and there. But not many.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Alright it's now 2:13am my time and I should probably get some rest. Have a busy day ahead of me. Let me know if I miss anything important.

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Yeah, 1:17AM here my time, so better get some sleep. No one commented when I asked when we think the UPS tracking numbers will start popping up for next Friday deliveries. I was thinking from past years it was maybe by Sunday/Monday, but I couldn't remember, exactly. Talk to everyone later on today. :)

I've been using the Anker Nano Pro brick and the usb-c to lighting for the last year, and my 14 pro max battery is still at 100%, so I am going to be sticking with the Anker Nano Pro brick and their new cable for the 15. Plus when MKBHD mentioned them last year I knew I had to give them a try.
This has been ordered. Thank you so much!!!

I want my iPhone 15 Pro Max battery life to stay at 100% until iPhone 16 Ultra comes out.

1694845147407.png

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Ok, refresh my memory, Apple site purchasers, do we start seeing the UPS tracking numbers Sunday? For as much as I've done this, you would think I have the actual days down to a science, but I couldn't remember when the tracking numbers will start showing up. :) Can't wait for this to start! :)
Great question! I don't recall, but the 2022 Apple.com orders page is still up and would have that context. You could read all 1008 pages to see who did and got what. :😁:

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ders-and-delivery-status-thread-2022.2357188/

I'm wondering if these will be shipped using a fast container ship to avoid using all those airplanes!

I do remember that people will be freaking out and can't imagine how their launch day phone could possibly make it on that day, and then 99.99999% of people did get it, as scheduled, on the first day. Over the last 5 years, most of the missed deliveries were due to weather issues.

I love tracking my flights, and prefer it when my iPhone flies on a 747. One year I was tracking the flight from ANC to SDF and the flight had to go around a storm and actually flew over me. I opened the window and could hear the 747 carrying my iPhone plane overhead.

Another year my phone flew through Hong Kong, arrived at my home, and several days later we flew the reverse route of the delivery 747 while flying over Anchorage to Hong Kong. A week later I watched the big cargo planes taking off out of HKG on their way to the US, and the next day I actually flew the same route my iPhone had taken. I could see the cargo planes landing in ANC while we flew over it. UPS splits their flights in half so they don't need a second crew, and they don't have to carry as much fuel. Passengers would be a lot fussier about having to stop half way to/from China, so it is one 14 hour flight instead of two 7 hour flights.

I finally was able to find some time. I just ordered brand new iPhone 15 Pro Max screen protectors. The 2nd screen protector cost me $25.99 (2 pack). Kinda pricey but it has excellent reviews and it's Military Grade Protection.

1694845559604.png

Ordered this for Apple Watch Ultra 2.

1694845643278.png

Reactions: svish and CarolG

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
The iPhone 4 / 4S is hands down my all time favorite iPhone released so far. I still have the 4 (but honestly wish I had kept the 4S instead lol)
That was the peak design in my opinion. A camera flush with the back of the phone, stainless steel band... That sleek industrial design was nice and is still unmatched, in my opinion.

The worst were the 6/6s with those awkward antenna lines on the back of the phone, plus the cameras began to protrude with that design.

That was the peak design in my opinion. A camera flush with the back of the phone, stainless steel band... That sleek industrial design was nice and is still unmatched, in my opinion.

The worst were the 6/6s with those awkward antenna lines on the back of the phone, plus the cameras began to protrude with that design.
There's a saying going around that the iPhone 6 had an ugly design. Remember the white antenna lines with the Rose Gold model. LOL!!!

FZbTYdQXkAEAMOX

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
My EU order (Netherlands) already is ready for shipment, although the delivery date still mentions the 25th.

Any chance I will receive it on releaseday based on prior years? This is the first time ever I don’t have delivery date on releaseday for my iPhone. And I pre-order them every single year.

OGL118H.jpg

I know for 99.9% certainty that during the order process the delivery date mentioned 22nd. And after ordering it showed 25th all of a sudden.
Where are you in the NL? My daughter lives in Utrecht and we visit twice a year! Their whole family has iPhones but didn’t order this one … yet.

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
I finally was able to find some time. I just ordered brand new iPhone 15 Pro Max screen protectors. The 2nd screen protector cost me $25.99 (2 pack). Kinda pricey but it has excellent reviews and it's Military Grade Protection.

View attachment 2264269

Ordered this for Apple Watch Ultra 2.

View attachment 2264270

I like these screen protectors because the edges blend in with the phone and don't peel easily. I haven't thought of ordering one for the watch, but I will have to look into that.

I like these screen protectors because the edges blend in with the phone and don't peel easily. I haven't thought of ordering one for the watch, but I will have to look into that.
Niceee! I like this one too. I like how it is curving. I'll go ahead and order this one as well.

Thanks again! Lots of Amazon deliveries tomorrow.

1694846151043.png

Last edited:

MayfairMissy

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2021
The X was the most exciting new iPhone imo. It felt like a significant leap from my 6 and I haven’t seen another significant leap since then.
I still use my iPhone X as a music player because of its smaller size for exercising. I especially love the Apple leather cases from back then. They still look more luxurious than the ones today. I've also kept my XS Max and use it for entertainment things when I want to be unbothered by calls from work and focus mode isn't enough. It's still a brilliant and fast phone. And I absolutely love the gold color.

IMG_4636.JPG IMG_4716.JPG

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009

There's a saying going around that the iPhone 6 had an ugly design. Remember the white antenna lines with the Rose Gold model. LOL!!!

FZbTYdQXkAEAMOX
The 6 and 6S looked and felt like prototypes compared to the 7, 8, SE2, and SE3. Jony Ive should be ashamed of approving that premature design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.