Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Yes, the XR served me well. But now I'm back to being a yearly upgrader again. I did fix UPS, but um ... now my UPS account is broken again right around this time of year (this is the kind of luck I have). So ... I'm in the same situation as before.

200.gif

Hopefully I can get it fixed soon. If I can't do all the fun tracking again, at least I'll still enjoy all the commotion in here.

Honestly, I think the silicon cases were garbage as well. I usually have 3 or 4 cases that I rotate on my iPhone out of boredom, and I had one of the Apple silicon cases. And the first time I dropped it, the corner ripped entirely off and it almost cracked my screen. I've never had a case fall apart that easily from a drop. These look to be even cheaper. No thanks. I'm back to using Spigen cases. CASETiFY also makes great cases.
Dang! Last time you got locked out from your UPS account. Trouble with the UPS account again? Try calling them lol. Remember you called them last time and they were giving you a runaround. Telling you to leave us alone. I like CASETiFY. SMH!

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
Be thankful you don't live outside the US. You all were able to do so much more in your preordering process. Here in Italy, all you could do was to save the configuration. When I placed my order 10 minutes after the hour I still had to reselect most everything but my initial delivery date remained the launch day, the 22nd. For some unexplained reason, my order is now stuck in a suspended status with no shipping date. Nearly the same thing happened last year when my launch day delivery date was pushed back to late October. Last year I sent Tim Cook an email and was contacted by executive support in Ireland who helped push the date up a few days. Ugh.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Dang! Last time you got locked out from your UPS account. Trouble again? Try calling them lol. Remember you called them last time and they were giving you a runaround. Telling you to leave us alone. SMH!
It's not that they were bullies, it's that they were incompetent bullies. The best kind!

giphy.gif

I will try and call them tomorrow. Maybe I'll have better luck. I've just had have a lot of social media projects for potential high profile clients lately. I'm trying to make doing what I love a full-time job.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Yes, the XR served me well. But now I'm back to being a yearly upgrader again. I did fix UPS, but um ... now my UPS account is broken again right around this time of year (this is the kind of luck I have). So ... I'm in the same situation as before.

200.gif

Hopefully I can get it fixed soon. If I can't do all the fun tracking again, at least I'll still enjoy all the commotion in here.

Honestly, I think the silicon cases were garbage as well. I usually have 3 or 4 cases that I rotate on my iPhone out of boredom, and I had one of the Apple silicon cases. And the first time I dropped it, the corner ripped entirely off and it almost cracked my screen. I've never had a case fall apart that easily from a drop. These look to be even cheaper. No thanks. I'm back to using Spigen cases. CASETiFY also makes great cases.
The silicone cases can be a bit fragile, but I prefer them because they are very "grippy". I wear a cargo shorts often and I carry my iPhone in the leg pocket. My phone rarely falls out of my pocket when using a silicon case. The worst case that I ever bought was the clear plastic one from Apple. That thing was so slick that my phone would fall out of my pocket multiple times a day.

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016

200.gif

I tried out the apple silicon case for my a iPhone 12 Pro and actually really liked it.
It started to show some wear and tear quite literally after about 10 month. The lower edge started to peel off but I was lucky enough that after a visit to the Apple Store I got a new one as a replacement (same color even though the color was already discontinued) and that one lasted me again for pretty much 10 month…

now I am on a interim case from spigen…
and counting the days till my new phone arrives and I can get rid of that case and I have actually started to go naked at home…
I used to love spigen cases (was my go to brand) and that’s why I bought hat clear case but the one I bought and use right now feels terrible… the buttons are awfully hard to push…

It's not that they were bullies, it's that they were incompetent bullies. The best kind!

giphy.gif

I will try and call them tomorrow. Maybe I'll have better luck. I've just had have a lot of social media projects for potential high profile clients lately. I'm trying to make doing what I love a full-time job.
What are you going to do if you get the same rep you got last year from customer support? 🤔

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I tried out the apple silicon case for my a iPhone 12 Pro and actually really liked it.
It started to show some wear and tear quite literally after about 10 month. The lower edge started to peel off but I was lucky enough that after a visit to the Apple Store I got a new one as a replacement (same color even though the color was already discontinued) and that one lasted me again for pretty much 10 month…

now I am on a interim case from spigen…
and counting the days till my new phone arrives and I can get rid of that case and I have actually started to go naked at home…
I used to love spigen cases (was my go to brand) and that’s why I bought hat clear case but the one I bought and use right now feels terrible… the buttons are awfully hard to push…
That's strange. The Spigen case that I had on my 14 PM was great. I hope the quality isn't weird as I just ordered another Spigen case for my 15 PM which should be here tomorrow (or today rather ... stupid insomnia).

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Wow!
Thank you for this…
I guess I am going with a cheap clear one for now and wait a couple of weeks before I’ll buy a mulberry case… it looks great but after watching the review…
I don’t know how long it’ll look nice… better wait for some real life experience…
If it is really *that* bad then I think apple might even have to upgrade them…

My iPhone is still in “prepare to ship”… so nothing new here…
I’m on vacation atm but as soon as I get home, I’m not even going to open the Finewoven case & wallet I ordered. They’re just going straight back to Apple! They look like garbage from everything I’ve seen. Got a Pitaka case on the way, which is what I have now, and I love it!

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
I've put Distill notifications on all Apple Stores around NYC for Naturan and White 256 & 512.
Blue seems to stay available for pickup, no one wants it :))

Reactions: Brad7

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I have a tracking number in my UPS app from Apple (AI) that is on the way from China with a delivery date of Friday 9/22

I placed individual orders for a 15 Pro Max 256GB at 5:03 PDT in multiple colors so I can't identify which one but good to know one is already en route before Apple updates the orders with the actual tracking numbers

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I have a tracking number in my UPS app from Apple (AI) that is on the way from China with a delivery date of Friday 9/22

I placed individual orders for a 15 Pro Max 256GB at 5:03 PDT in multiple colors so I can't identify which one but good to know one is already en route before Apple updates the orders with the actual tracking numbers

0b46fc112580ca9b70bb24520ff65b56.jpg

UPS is now showing my tracking number. Origin scan in ZhengZhou, CN! THE ADVENTURE STARTS!
Let’s goooo!! This is earlier than last year when it only started Sunday afternoon. Nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.