Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Thought Iā€™d say hello! To everyone again. Canā€™t believe itā€™s been a year already and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m in wave 2 as I have a 2:46PM origin scan. Hoping everyoneā€™s new phones arrive safe and sound, going to a fun week of excitement!
Hi @jediandrew97 welcome back!
So I found my first iPhone. It is funny to hold now - it was so small. What a game changer that phone was
Thatā€™s why I thought my 3GS screen was ginormous next to the 2ā€ Blackjack screen I had been reading/watching TV on. My poor eyes! Is it even the same size as a mini today? And the bezelsā€¦

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I'm not doubting your experience - I'm just saying it's different state to state. I can see your tax rate is 8.88% which is not California (I'm at 9.5% Here)...I think you're in NY, and if so, your state just may have different rules on that.
Sounds like a bargain.

SEATTLE TAX JURISDICTION BREAKDOWN FOR 2023
Washington6.5%

King0%

Seattle3.75%

Minimum combined sales tax rate value
10.25%

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
Same here. I was only charged sales tax for the amount after the trade in was applied. Obviously, there wonā€™t be a sales tax refund on the trade in, as it was already applied in advance. NYC sales tax on the 256GB Pro Max is around $106. I was charged $55.82, since trading in a 14 Pro lowered the price by $570.
when I traded my 11 PM last year I got back the $370 trade in amount PLUS sales tax.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thatā€™s why I thought my 3GS screen was ginormous next to the 2ā€ Blackjack screen I had been reading/watching TV on. My poor eyes! Is it even the same size as a mini today? And the bezelsā€¦

so here it is compared to a mini. and your poor eyes on a 2ā€ screen. Yikes.

Attachments

• IMG_5529.jpeg
    IMG_5529.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 45

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I know the struggle. This is the one week there is a slight break and I have good coverage. Next week would have been impossible. At least you know your driverā€™s schedule and can time it!
Thatā€™s true! Last year I was home and just waiting all day for the delivery. šŸšš Hopefully Friday will go by so fast and itā€™ll be time to go home. šŸ˜

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
So after I get my new phone, can I take my old phone to the Apple Store for my trade in instead of mailing it in? Probably not on launch day as itā€™ll be busy but a few days after?

Yes you can but they recommend you using the trade in kit they will send you. I mailed back a M1 Air when I got the M2 15 Air at launch, and it was a flawless experience. I would call your store and see what they say.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Friday is going to be so tough for me. At least I know my iPhone wonā€™t be delivered until 6pm. Iā€™ll leave work by 5 so I can be ready! I have a bunch of meetings and interviews so I canā€™t take Friday off. šŸ˜‘
How do you know your iPhone wonā€™t be delivered until 6pm?

I want to select (change) the 2-hour confirmed delivery window, but the only two options are 1:45pm-3:45pm or no preference. I am working from home on Friday, but have a personal appointment at 2:00pm. I may have to rescheduleā€¦

Reactions: Wolfs

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
So after I get my new phone, can I take my old phone to the Apple Store for my trade in instead of mailing it in? Probably not on launch day as itā€™ll be busy but a few days after?
Good question. Iā€™d like to know this as well. Or can we take trade-in to AT&T corp store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.