Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Friday is going to be so tough for me. At least I know my iPhone won’t be delivered until 6pm. I’ll leave work by 5 so I can be ready! I have a bunch of meetings and interviews so I can’t take Friday off. 😑
Ahhh! It's ok! Will wait for your return here. Hopefully, it's going to be a chill day for you. Look at you attending interviews. I remember when you were looking for a new job as a Project Manager. Making Big Moves over here. I see! :)

For me Tuesday is going to be tough because I have to go to this stupid Exhibition to attend a conference so I know I'll be busy attending the event all day long. I'm so mad about that lol. But the good thing is it should be done in the afternoon (expected). Hopefully, I don't come back with catching up with 50 pages behind.

WTH I just upgraded to UPS mychoice premium and my stupid delivery options didn’t change at all.

Could it be because the phone is still in China?
It could be. I wouldn't mess around with the UPS App until it's in the States. I normally call on Thursday and get everything checked off with no hassle.

Anyone buying a thunderbolt cable just because even though you have no products that use it?
I wanted to buy it just for bragging rights. Would that count?

It's this one right? What can I use it for on my iPhone?

1694998272228.png

Last edited:

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
How do you know your iPhone won’t be delivered until 6pm?

I want to select (change) the 2-hour confirmed delivery window, but the only two options are 1:45pm-3:45pm or no preference. I am working from home on Friday, but have a personal appointment at 2:00pm. I may have to reschedule…
UPS will not be able to commit to any window of delivery that day. Their excuse will be the “higher than normal volume”. Although MyChoice may say you’ll get to dictate a window, the reality is that they have an out from meeting that. Just trying to help manage expectations.

Any guess on when we’re going to have movement out of ZhengZhou? I’m going to guess Tuesday. What do you think?
I don't think it will be Tuesday. It's too far out. Either later tonight or on Monday. Wave 2 could be on Tuesday tho since they are one day behind. Stay tuned.

I know in the past the phones usually go from Zhengzhou to alaska, but I think they will be stopping in hong kong this year. There’s 2 flights scheduled out of Hong Kong to Alaska, both ups flights, one in 12 hours one in 14 hours.
That's a good prediction. I was hoping our iPhones would be going to Shanghai, China but they didn't. We will find out soon.

I remember my Apple Watch S7 stopping by in Osaka, Japan. That was so cool to track the journey.

UPS will not be able to commit to any window of delivery that day. Their excuse will be the “higher than normal volume”. Although MyChoice may say you’ll get to dictate a window, the reality is that they have an out from meeting that. Just trying to help manage expectations.
This is correct. I would rely on UPS drivers. They are going to be very busy that day.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I don't think it will be Tuesday. It's too far out. Either later tonight or on Monday. Wave 2 could be on Tuesday tho since they are one day behind. Stay tuned.
It’ll be tomorrow US time. Tuesday for China time. I think @FlightLevel310 didn’t spot UPS departures until Tuesday China time based on currently filed flight plans.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.

I miss the days when you could sign waiver to release package without signature.

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0
  • Love
Reactions: cpatrick08
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.