Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Anyone want to join me, I decided I am getting tired of waiting around for our flight, Join me at my Suite at JW Marriott Hotel ZhengZhou https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/cgojw-jw-marriott-hotel-zhengzhou/overview/

cgojw-suite-0033-hor-clsc.jpg

I am sure they will let us know when we are ready to take off :D
If we were staying there why leave?

I know this has been discussed already but what USBC cables did you all order from Amazon. I want at least 2 more for cars
I got these cheap ones.

Attachments

• IMG_3349.png
    IMG_3349.png
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 47

IPolo1106

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
Ok Iā€™ll be at work on Friday so could someone walk me thru the hold at ups facility for pick up process because I ordered shoes from china and selected hold at a ups location and had to wait a day later what did I do wrong

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Ok Iā€™ll be at work on Friday so could someone walk me thru the hold at ups facility for pick up process because I ordered shoes from china and selected hold at a ups location and had to wait a day later what did I do wrong

Usually if its ups cc hold it shouldnā€™t delay. Its the ups store access point that may delay.

Reactions: CaptMarvel

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Does anyone know if backing up via cable will be faster with the new Pro models? Every year it takes 1-2 hours of backing up my current iPhone then another 1-2 hours to restore. Does the USB3 speed help in this case?
20x faster on 15P/PM. Donā€™t forget the cable must also be USB 3.0 or better - which most likely wonā€™t be the rating for the included cable.

RangerXML

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
I was surprised today, went with my family to preorder the iPhone 15 Pro Max (Blue, 512GB) and got estimated delivery for Friday, my mother and father, getting the 15 Pro Max (Natural, 256GB) and 15 Plus (Black, 128GB) respectively, are out about a month and 2-3 weeks. Guess this is the first time Blue/Black werenā€™t as popular as Natural/White.

Question to pass the timeā€¦

Do you install the iOS update on your soon-to-be-ā€œoldā€ phone, or do you wait until you get your new one so that it feelsā€¦extra-new?! šŸ˜…

(Wish I could post a poll within this thread!)
I do both. Always install as new. Why?

IMG_3256.jpeg

Credit: Sami Fathi

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I already have a link to pre-sign. No way I would do that, but you can release the package earlier. I also think since COVID times, I havenā€™t really seen the signature requirement enforced. Or in some cases, if they see a video doorbell sign, they know theyā€™re being recorded and take that as meeting the signature requirement.
View attachment 2266600

I donā€™t have that link. šŸ¤”

Reactions: julit0

SaveUsBatman

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015

Do you install the iOS update on your soon-to-be-ā€œoldā€ phone, or do you wait until you get your new one so that it feelsā€¦extra-new?! šŸ˜…

I will install it the night before so my backup can be on iOS 17 to ensure smooth sailing but normally I like to experience the new iOS with my new phone šŸ˜…

Reactions: julit0 and Wolfs

RangerXML

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009

I pretty much always do public betas.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
How do you know your iPhone wonā€™t be delivered until 6pm?

I want to select (change) the 2-hour confirmed delivery window, but the only two options are 1:45pm-3:45pm or no preference. I am working from home on Friday, but have a personal appointment at 2:00pm. I may have to rescheduleā€¦
I just know the UPS person for my building always delivers everything after 6pm. I've had my iPhone shipped for the last 3 years and they all have arrived after 6pm. I think my apartment building must be the last building for the UPS person's route. I don't even have the option to pick a 2 hour confirmed delivery window since I live in a city. Do you need to sign for the package? Isn't there some paperwork for you to sign that will allow UPS to drop off a package without a signature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.