Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Haha I'm guessing by Tuesday our iPhones will be having some movement out of China hopefully!!! It is hard to keep up with all the posts here. I don't want to miss anything, so I try to read every post. Conferences are tough!! Hopefully there's good wifi so you can catch up during lunch or your break. We'll be missing your presence on Tuesday!

Yes, I started this job in January 2023. It's going super well and I'm glad I made the transition over into Product Management. Hopefully, my company doesn't do any layoffs as it seems the tech industry is still doing layoffs. I think we are doing well financially, but you just never know what to believe anymore. šŸ˜¬

Love reading this! Congratulation! Similar worlds we are in and I started mine at the same time. We had layoffs shortly after I joined, but thankfully I was too new to be on the list. Made me question my decision initially with the uncertainty, but it has been going very well since.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Understood. Yes, signature required. I donā€™t have an option in ups my choice account to sign that will release package without signature.
Are you sure? I have this option under "edit membership preferences"/"Driver Instructions" - and my driver leaves it no matter what, even if adult signature required:

Location for Package Delivery​

Let your driver know if you do not want your packages left at your front door.

Delivery Location

Front Door

Authorize Shipment Release​

I authorize UPS to release packages addressed to my residence when no one is present to accept delivery. UPS will make only one delivery attempt and will not obtain a signature upon delivery.
I understand that a UPS delivery record will be conclusive proof of delivery, and I accept all responsibility for loss or damage after the package has been released at the address.
I understand that UPS retains sole and unlimited discretions to honor my Authorized Shipment Release request for any package (and may not, for example, due to delivery conditions
such as adverse weather or safety) and that Authorized Shipment Release is not available when a package requires an adult signature.

I authorize release of my shipments.

coreytime

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Iā€™m sure this has been addressed but what happened to holding at the ups service center? Doesnā€™t appear to be an option this year but maybe it will once it hits US soil.

It is currently 7:00 p.m. in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I can't believe Sunday is over. This has been the most prolonged weekend. I hope everyone had a great day. The real countdown to Friday starts tomorrow. Hope you guys are ready!

In addition, I have a feeling we are not too far away to be getting out of China. Things are looking very good ahead.

1695002532975.png

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Iā€™m sure this has been addressed but what happened to holding at the ups service center? Doesnā€™t appear to be an option this year but maybe it will once it hits US soil.
I believe that a someone mentioned earlier that they called apple and was told that holding at a ups service center wasnā€™t going to be an option this year.

Reactions: Wolfs and JaisHTX
So when do we think reviews are going live this time? Wednesday? First thing I do is visit the website of that one photographer who gets one to review every year. Then I check out Marques' video.
Wednesday!

Challenge: Watch iJustine's review of iPhone 15 Pro Max. No skipping allowed. You in? Can you handle it?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

I can't believe Sunday is over. This has been the most prolonged weekend. I hope everyone had a great day. The real countdown to Friday starts tomorrow. Hope you guys are ready!

In addition, I have a feeling we are not too far away to be getting out of China. Things are looking very good ahead.

View attachment 2266639

A great weekend. Football all day Sat and Sun.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Question to pass the timeā€¦

Do you install the iOS update on your soon-to-be-ā€œoldā€ phone, or do you wait until you get your new one so that it feelsā€¦extra-new?! šŸ˜…

(Wish I could post a poll within this thread!)

I donā€™t install the beta so I install the new iOS 17 on the old iPhone while I wait for the new iPhone. It keeps me occupied/helps any learning curves with new features and helps me get my wiggles out until release day šŸ¤£

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA

Do you install the iOS update on your soon-to-be-ā€œoldā€ phone, or do you wait until you get your new one so that it feelsā€¦extra-new?! šŸ˜…

I use the public betas so my old phone will definitely have the final release of iOS 17 before the new phone arrives!

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL

I install the update on the old phone then install the update on the new phone during the setup.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

View attachment 2266639
Beautiful LV sunset! Nice pothole too! lol

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina

I believe that a someone mentioned earlier that they called apple and was told that holding at a ups service center wasnā€™t going to be an option this year.

Iā€™ve seen the above response, but Iā€™ve also seen what you said about once they arrive stateside then changes/requests can be made. Not sure which is factual.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

Thatā€˜s the expectation. Personally, Iā€™ve never had the option prior to it getting to the US, so this isnā€™t out of the ordinary for me, but like everything else with this app, experiences vary. Be on the lookout once it clears customs in Louisville.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.