Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
You learn something new here every day honestly.

Have you been to Shanghai? I heard their downtown is very futuristic. Is that true?
I have been to Shanghai...quite a few times...quite mind-blowing..Truth is I have always been to the Eastern part of China and always knew it to be 12 hours ahead of NY WHEN I have been there. I will never forget arriving in NYC as a young adult and being mind blown by the buildings...then as a 30 something being mind blown by Shanghai...Dubai tops them all (I have not been to Kuala Lumpur)...

I have been to Shanghai...quite a few times...quite mind-blowing..Truth is I have always been to the Eastern part of China and always knew it to be 12 hours ahead of NY WHEN I have been there. I will never forget arriving in NYC as a young adult and being mind blown by the buildings...then as a 30 something being mind blown by Shanghai...Dubai tops them all (I have not been to Kuala Lumpur)...
Very nice! I want to travel internationally. Dubai is definitely on the top list. Planning on going there next yeah. Hopefully, It actually happens this time.

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
UPS has been updated from “shipment ready for UPS” to “on the way”

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 55

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I had high expectations for the 15, because all the stories I read said that it was going to have this, that , and the other. they said it was going to be a home run etc....

But it turned out to be a nothing burger. The only thing I got out of their presentation was that the new 15 was going to have a faster chip, new colors, and a titanium body. And a USB port that some think is a step backwards, even if the EU requires them.

I was not impressed with the new colors or the watch bands made with recycled materials.

There was not enough meat in the sandwich to get me to bite, and pay $1,000 for a new phone,

To add insult to injury, I bought a call option on Apple stock hoping that it would close about $182.50. I bought the option at 178.65, and I expected the stock to rise after hearing all the noise around the presentation. But, the stock dropped $2 Tuesday and it dropped as low as 173. My option expired worthless.

I'll stay with my 13 maybe there will be something better next year.

At least IOS 17 sounds like it will be a winner, and it's a free upgrade.

So your money is gone but you still have an iPhone 13. Maybe you should’ve skipped the options and just been happy with the meager upgrades of the 15 Pro?

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Flight Tracking Update - 9:30PM CDT

Our plane is over Alaska and will be starting its descent into Anchorage soon. Wheels down estimated at 7:08PM AKDT. We are planning for a fuel stop and crew swap.

1695003867134.png

Our next flight will be Anchorage to Seoul. This should be on the same aircraft. It has an estimated block out time of 8:43PM AKDT. This may be pushed slightly later to turn the aircraft around in Anchorage. It is scheduled to arrive in Seoul at 10:06PM KST (translates to 8:06AM CDT).

1695004128595.png

I wouldn't worry over these flights too much. The next leg to Zhengzhou should depart around 12:30AM KST (10:30AM CDT). We probably won't get a flightplan on this flight, so look for it in the morning on FlightRadar24. That flight to Zhengzhou should arrive around 12:15PM CDT. Then the real fun begins. Expect loading to occur and scans to start around the 1-4PM CDT range. This next flight will likely be to Seoul. I'd expect that to depart around 3-4PM CDT.

Expect an update tomorrow morning at some point. Have a good night!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Trying so hard to get excited for the Friday drop, but not having any tracking info is giving me anxiety. I’ve got an iPhone on launch day ever since the iPhone 6.

I’m sure everything will arrive on time and I’m just worried about nothing.

Time to go back to UPS app and refresh 20 more times 😂
Because that will for sure cure your anxiety

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Very nice! I want to travel internationally. Dubai is definitely on the top list. Planning on going there next yeah. Hopefully, It actually happens this time.
Travel is the only thing money can buy that makes you richer 😂. PS Fun fact 48 states in USA (have to sleep there..no passing by) I have learned so much...Enough to know I want to live on Miami Beach 🙏🇺🇸💛🙏

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
I had high expectations for the 15, mountain because all the stories I read said that it was going to have this, that , and the other. they said it was going to be a home run etc....

But it turned out to be a nothing burger. The only thing I got out of their presentation was that the new 15 was going to have a faster chip, new colors, and a titanium body. And a USB port that some think is a step backwards, even if the EU requires them.

I was not impressed with the new colors or the watch bands made with recycled materials.

There was not enough meat in the sandwich to get me to bite, and pay $1,000 for a new phone,

To add insult to injury, I bought a call option on Apple stock hoping that it would close about $182.50. I bought the option at 178.65, and I expected the stock to rise after hearing all the noise around the presentation. But, the stock dropped $2 Tuesday and it dropped as low as 173. My option expired worthless.

I'll stay with my 13 maybe there will be something better next year.

At least IOS 17 sounds like it will be a winner, and it's a free upgrade.
I don’t know how many times I say this. But until Apple officially announces something EVERYTHING is to be taken with a mountain of salt.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Flight Tracking Update - 9:30PM CDT

Our plane is over Alaska and will be starting its descent into Anchorage soon. Wheels down estimated at 7:08PM AKDT. We are planning for a fuel stop and crew swap.

View attachment 2266659

Our next flight will be Anchorage to Seoul. This should be on the same aircraft. It has an estimated block out time of 8:43PM AKDT. This may be pushed slightly later to turn the aircraft around in Anchorage. It is scheduled to arrive in Seoul at 10:06PM KST (translates to 8:06AM CDT).

View attachment 2266662

I wouldn't worry over these flights too much. The next leg to Zhengzhou should depart around 12:30AM KST (10:30AM CDT). We probably won't get a flightplan on this flight, so look for it in the morning on FlightRadar24. That flight to Zhengzhou should arrive around 12:15PM CDT. Then the real fun begins. Expect loading to occur and scans to start around the 1-4PM CDT range. This next flight will likely be to Seoul. I'd expect that to depart around 3-4PM CDT.

Expect an update tomorrow morning at some point. Have a good night!
Get some rest! You are going to have a busy week!

Have we seen @pilotpat?

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Thank you for your honest review. It sounds like a compelling upgrade to me.

I think I'm the wrong person to answer that because I will always favor Apple's latest iPhone device. Hopefully, once the reviews are out they will convince you and make it a compelling upgrade for you.

I have no say. I already got roasted and beat down by talking good about the Apple Polishing Cloth.

View attachment 2266660
The 3nm chip is worth the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.