Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Who doesn't feel like going back to work tomorrow? Please voice your concerns here. Monday tomorrow!

crying-sleepy-kid.gif

iPhone 15 Pro Max has a great camera system.
I WFH as well. I will be checking on here more than my job duties probably 😂😅

I’m excited for iOS 17 though.

Last edited:

DallasCowboysFan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2023
Dallas, Texas
I had high expectations for the 15, because all the stories I read said that it was going to have this, that , and the other. they said it was going to be a home run etc....

But it turned out to be a nothing burger. The only thing I got out of their presentation was that the new 15 was going to have a faster chip, new colors, and a titanium body. And a USB port that some think is a step backwards, even if the EU requires them.

I was not impressed with the new colors or the watch bands made with recycled materials.

There was not enough meat in the sandwich to get me to bite, and pay $1,000 for a new phone,

To add insult to injury, I bought a call option on Apple stock hoping that it would close about $182.50. I bought the option at 178.65, and I expected the stock to rise after hearing all the noise around the presentation. But, the stock dropped $2 Tuesday and it dropped as low as 173. My option expired worthless.

I'll stay with my 13 maybe there will be something better next year.

At least IOS 17 sounds like it will be a winner, and it's a free upgrade.

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
I had high expectations for the 15, because all the stories I read said that it was going to have this, that , and the other. they said it was going to be a home run etc....

But it turned out to be a nothing burger. The only thing I got out of their presentation was that the new 15 was going to have a faster chip, new colors, and a titanium body. And a USB port that some think is a step backwards, even if the EU requires them.

I was not impressed with the new colors or the watch bands made with recycled materials.

There was not enough meat in the sandwich to get me to bite, and pay $1,000 for a new phone,

To add insult to injury, I bought a call option on Apple stock hoping that it would close about $182.50. I bought the option at 178.65, and I expected the stock to rise after hearing all the noise around the presentation. But, the stock dropped $2 Tuesday and it dropped as low as 173. My option expired worthless.

cool

Thank you for your honest review. It sounds like a compelling upgrade to me.

I think I'm the wrong person to answer that because I will always favor Apple's latest iPhone device. Hopefully, once the reviews are out they will convince you and make it a compelling upgrade for you.

I have no say. I already got roasted and beat down by talking good about the Apple Polishing Cloth.

1695003883818.png

Geez I have been to China 4 times...and I dont even recall that...yikes ..See this is why this forum is so informative
You learn something new here every day honestly.

Have you been to Shanghai? I heard their downtown is very futuristic. Is that true?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Exactly what I do and why! 🙂

I've been on dev beta since June and I will do a fresh iOS 17 install when released tomorrow .. (its an easy option now built in iOS) then I will do a restore from backup on the new phone on Friday. No time for that setup as new nonsense. Never have an issue and these days, iOS is so well optimized, it's an easy choice, for me.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thank you for your honest review. It sounds like a compelling upgrade to me.

I think I'm the wrong person to answer that because I will always favor Apple's latest iPhone device. Hopefully, once the reviews are out they will convince you and make it a compelling upgrade for you.

I have no say. I already got roasted and beat down by talking good about the Apple Polishing Cloth.

View attachment 2266660

See I'm upgrading based off the pretty picture here lol

Trying so hard to get excited for the Friday drop, but not having any tracking info is giving me anxiety. I’ve got an iPhone on launch day ever since the iPhone 6.

I’m sure everything will arrive on time and I’m just worried about nothing.

Time to go back to UPS app and refresh 20 more times 😂
Your tracking still hasn't been assigned? You've been waiting all day.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
seriously.

seriously it’s all so fake! I knew they were bs when I turned on my iphone 14 pro and immediately thought “dynamic island is the dumbest thing ever” lol
I actually love the dynamic island ☺️

I need to find my sim tray tool to remove my sim card don't want to send that back in the trade in
I think last time I needed a sim tool I used an earring, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.