Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
As I sit here, eagerly awaiting my iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB, Ultra 2 watch and USB-C Airpods Pro this Friday, I look at my backup phone, a Galaxy Fold 5 1TB. It's a really good phone and a lot of fun to use. I so badly want to make it my primary.

But...

I've been using iPhones for 15 years now and I can't get away from the ecosystem. I enjoy the integration of iOS with my Mac and iPad. I love the simple (and full) backups and restores. I love not having to convert iTunes content to remove the DRM if I want to put it on Android. The iOS app store tends to have less junk. I'm used to the iPhone's quirks and gestures. I often make iOS gestures on the Android, due to force of habit.

Come on Apple, where's your folding phone? Then it wouldn't even be a choice which platform to go with.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I just know the UPS person for my building always delivers everything after 6pm. I've had my iPhone shipped for the last 3 years and they all have arrived after 6pm. I think my apartment building must be the last building for the UPS person's route. I don't even have the option to pick a 2 hour confirmed delivery window since I live in a city. Do you need to sign for the package? Isn't there some paperwork for you to sign that will allow UPS to drop off a package without a signature?

I'm listed as 12pm-4pm for UPS delivery. Though I will be surprised if it makes that window.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I just know the UPS person for my building always delivers everything after 6pm. I've had my iPhone shipped for the last 3 years and they all have arrived after 6pm. I think my apartment building must be the last building for the UPS person's route. I don't even have the option to pick a 2 hour confirmed delivery window since I live in a city. Do you need to sign for the package? Isn't there some paperwork for you to sign that will allow UPS to drop off a package without a signature?
@hungryteresa dont jinx it! 😳
It’s like talking about a no-hitter…

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Ahhh! It's ok! Will wait for your return here. Hopefully, it's going to be a chill day for you. Look at you attending interviews. I remember when you were looking for a new job as a Project Manager. Making Big Moves over here. I see! :)

For me Tuesday is going to be tough because I have to go to this stupid Exhibition to attend a conference so I know I'll be busy attending the event all day long. I'm so mad about that lol. But the good thing is it should be done in the afternoon (expected). Hopefully, I don't come back with catching up with 50 pages behind.
Haha I'm guessing by Tuesday our iPhones will be having some movement out of China hopefully!!! It is hard to keep up with all the posts here. I don't want to miss anything, so I try to read every post. Conferences are tough!! Hopefully there's good wifi so you can catch up during lunch or your break. We'll be missing your presence on Tuesday!

Yes, I started this job in January 2023. It's going super well and I'm glad I made the transition over into Product Management. Hopefully, my company doesn't do any layoffs as it seems the tech industry is still doing layoffs. I think we are doing well financially, but you just never know what to believe anymore. 😬

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010

Understood. Yes, signature required. I don’t have an option in ups my choice account to sign that will release package without signature.

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0

brandonnnnnnn

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
TX
Did anyone preorder from Optimum Mobile? They have no order tracking system, except for emailing when the order ships. Their site showed a launch day delivery when I preordered. Sucks to not be able to know anything about the order.

Reactions: Wolfs

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
f8d4cf54e4fda87a81b04a8b5334f527.png

Wheee got my countdown ready.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

I have a bunch of thunderbolt 3 an 4 cables left over from my MacBook Pro thunderbolt hubs (e.g., OWC). I use one on my iPad Pro 12.9 to get 10gb speeds. I wish they would open it up on the iPad to full thunderbolt 40gb.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
seriously.
Same but they are all scripted. Marketing talk. Approved by Apple Marketing Team. Focused on saying, best battery, best screen, best camera... best everything.. you get the idea.

Of course, they are not going to say anything bad. Don’t want to miss out on not getting an invite from Apple to a WWDC or Apple Event.

Real reviews are when we get our hands on our iPhone 15 Pro Max.
seriously it’s all so fake! I knew they were bs when I turned on my iphone 14 pro and immediately thought “dynamic island is the dumbest thing ever” lol

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
wow what a failure of apple not selling usb to usb C. almost every CarPlay adaptor uses usb, my recliner does, I mean come on lol.

what are yall gonna buy then?
I ended up buying these these for my car. They've worked perfectly.

seriously.

seriously it’s all so fake! I knew they were bs when I turned on my iphone 14 pro and immediately thought “dynamic island is the dumbest thing ever” lol
It’s too bad we didn’t get to see this. Dynamic Island does have a potential tho.

Dynamic USB-C Pro.

1695002307233.jpeg

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
My first iPhone story. We were on Verizon month-to-month because I was anticipating the first iPhone coming out. The original iPhone was only available on AT&T. It came out on a Friday but I didn’t buy it then. I called the Columbia Maryland Apple store the next day and asked the person how long the lines were for the iPhone, and he said “We have no lines.“ And I ask, “Well do you have any iPhones?” And he replied, “Oh yes we have iPhones.” So I immediately get in my car and I motor over to the Columbia Apple store to purchase the first iPhone. It had a hard drive and it was only good in Wi-Fi. The only cellular network was the edge net work. Does anybody remember the edge network? So it was really slow in cellular but it was fun in Wi-Fi and it had a calendar and it had iTunes and I could make calls with it, so I loved it and I never looked back.
Great memories but the original iPhone didn’t have hard drive. They stopped doing that well before the iPhone was introduced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.