Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It’s an upgrade year, I’m in ppl! Currently in London and flying back on preorder morning but I’ll hopefully preorder around 1pm on preorder day. Looking forward to upgrading from the 12 Pro Max although I wish they still had that nice purple like last year.

Planning white 512 Pro Max and trading in my 12 PM. Don’t think I’ll do a carrier deal, don’t want to get stuck.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
If I upgrade, I may do iUP this time. if I do the pre-setup, does it go through the screening process ahead of time to ensure everything's good to go?
Yes it does but not perfect it cleared it all last year carrier, credit card ect. And two hours after the preorder I got message about card something did not take. After 4 hours an apple rep fixed and my reserved phone was mine again. This year if that happens then I will stay with 14 ProMax and start buying my iphones locally at my Best Buy store like I do all other stuff (no Apple Store near me). But yes generally you are good to go.

Kevin360

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
The changes to the Apple Card Installment Plan last month have shut me and my wife out of this upgrade, since we’re on a business plan.

Unless anyone knows a way around it (beyond having to pay for the entirety of the phone upfront).

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Going with 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium 256GB, staying on my iup plan. Coming from 14 Pro but the battery was weak so I’m going back to Max after one year. Loved the size, hate topping off battery.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
I've been using the triple-click-power-button as an 'action button' for years. For me I set it to dim the brightness way down for nighttime.

Furman

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
Well then, here we go again.

Has anyone seen anything yet on the "pre-pre order" thing that Apple has been doing the last few years for those on the iPhone Upgrade Program. Basically you go in, select your options, hit save, then when Friday rolls around its one click and you're done.

Hoping they offer this again.
I have the same question.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
The changes to the Apple Card Installment Plan last month have shut me and my wife out of this upgrade, since we’re on a business plan.

Unless anyone knows a way around it (beyond having to pay for the entirety of the phone upfront).
They still allow you to do monthly installments using Apple Card without actually contacting the carrier (I checked by trying to order a 14 pro *after* that change was made. You just have to “choose” a carrier and may be required to “activate” with that carrier first once you get the phone in your hand. They should also be unlocked, so this shouldn’t change much for you in terms of ordering phones this year for your and your wife. Us too are on a t-mobile business plan, but if you choose Apple Card monthly installments, select “activate with any carrier” then choose T-mobile (in my case as an example), it shouldn’t actually reach out to T-Mobile prior to you checking out in my experience.

Last edited:

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
They still allow you to do monthly installments using Apple Card without actually contacting the carrier (I checked by trying to order a 14 pro *after* that change was made. You just have to “choose” a carrier and may be required to activate with that carrier first. They should also be unlocked, so this shouldn’t change much for you in terms of ordering phones this year for your and your wife. Us too are on a t-mobile business plan, but if you choose Apple Card monthly installments, select “activate with any carrier” then choose T-mobile (in my case as an example), it shouldn’t actually reach out to T-Mobile prior to you checking out in my experience.
I went through the entire setup to ordEr and trade in stuff and it said come back this afternoon to do that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.