Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Report your Arrival Scan, please

IMG_3352.jpeg

mizzou-apple

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2011
4:34 crew!!

For those who got the FineWoven cases, what are your thoughts? Mine just arrived today and it feels nice and a lot sturdier than their leather cases. Will be interesting to see how it is on the phone.
I've got one. I'm an Apple leather case person -- had one on all my iPhones since my iPhone 5 (until this year :mad:). I've also ordered a leather case from Amazon. BUT, surprisingly I kind of like the FineWoven case. It's kind of growing on me... Not sure how well it will hold up. It does have a nice feel to it (not sandpaper like some people are saying). I'll put it on the phone on Friday and see how it goes. :cool:

Reactions: Wolfs

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
hi all,

i was hoping the folks here who have intimate and historical knowledge of apple's shipping times could help me with an order timing issue that i'm dealing with.

i am currently out of the country and will be returning to the US (Los Angeles, CA) on 10/25 for a 2 week stay. my pre-order (blue 15 pm 512) currently has an arrival estimate of 10/17-10/24 which is perfect if accurate. the timing of the shipment is important because it includes a trade-in. according to apple's policy, i have 14 days (after receiving the new phone) to return my trade-in phone in order to receive the credit, and if i fail to send the phone during that 14 day window the trade-in will be voided.

so unlike the majority of the posters here, i desperately DO NOT want my phone to ship out early! if it arrives too early there is a chance that i will not be able to complete the trade-in. if it arrives too late (past november 7th) i will miss out on the phone altogether.

in your opinion, should i stick with my order and trust that the arrival time estimate of 10/17-10/24 will be accurate? or is there a big chance that the order ships early and that it arrives much earlier?

i cancelled and re-ordered once already (yesterday) to get a later shipping estimate close to my arrival date. i could do it again, but i saw that a new order placed today would result in the same arrival estimate. and i could cancel and re-order much later, but risk there being a huge delay on future orders that go past my 2-week US visit.

what do most people say? are the arrival estimates usually spot on, purposefully pessimistic (so the phone arrives earlier) and by how many days, or often too optimistic (phone arrives later) ?

thanks everyone!
Idk how often the shipping estimates move up, but couldn’t you just cancel your order and reorder if it starts coming too early? Or buy at an Apple Store when you’re ready?

Reactions: Wolfs

Jonbinary

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Hey all, for those of you that aren't able to see your tracking under mychoice and don't really want to call UPS. I was able to chat with them and got the tracking number pretty easily. I bugged the chat bot on UPS.com a few times with "chat with someone" and it put me in the chat cue. I then said "Hi! I have a package that I’m able to track via reference with my order number and with my phone number, but I’m not able to see it under “My Choice” Would it be possible to show the entire tracking number?" The rep was kinda confused, I don't think English was their first language, but they provided the tracking number! I can now see I have officially departed on the flight

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
If it was the price of an iPhone, I would have been more upset. But $15-25 is not going to kill me in the long run. Was it frustrating in the moment? Yeah! But I am still alive and it did not really cause me any harm. I just wish I had caught it soon enough to make Walmart eat that cost, not me haha
See-you are a much better person than me! And they probably really needed it, too, right?

I would think all those things, but would still scream MOTHERTRUCKER!!! 😂😂😂

ETA I think they have scrambled the waves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.