Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Quick question: my AW Ultra 2 is being delivered by UPS to my house tomorrow "by 7:00p." Luckily, it does not require signature. However, I'm curious if anyone has had success with changing UPS
Didnā€™t mean to reply to this and I canā€™t figure out how to delete šŸ˜£

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
I have had it come into Orlando on those crazy late flights and been worried it wasn't going to make it to Tampa but still get driven to Tampa in time for an 8 am pick up at the CC, so it could be on any of those three flights.
Have there been any other flights into Orlando today?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
IMG_8984.jpeg

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Okay so I got these charging cables for fast charging. Do I need to worry that they are 100 watts?

I'm a fan of fast charging, but I also know the risks of higher power -- like 100W. I don't want to burn my house, or any hotel I am staying at, down -- so I bought Apple thunderbolt cables for my fast charging needs. Is it overkill? Likely, but I work in power manufacturing, and I have read case after case on fires caused by overheating/charging lithium ion batteries.

I don't trust those cheap cables on Amazon.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 46

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
I'm a fan of fast charging, but I also know the risks of higher power -- like 100W. I don't want to burn my house, or any hotel I am staying at, down -- so I bought Apple thunderbolt cables for my fast charging needs. Is it overkill? Likely, but I work in power manufacturing, and I have read case after case on fires caused by overheating/charging lithium ion batteries.

I wouldn't trust those cheap cables on Amazon.
Thanks!! What's the equivalent Apple-only USB-C to USB-C charging cable?

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
Okay so I got these charging cables for fast charging. Do I need to worry that they are 100 watts?

The device only draws/pulls what's needed, so you're good.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Historically, the earliest one leaves around 4 pm. I haven't checked though. Since they basically service all of central Florida from the Orlando hub, so I know there are multiple flights going into Orlando.
An iPhones that were going to the Apple Store should've already arrived in Orlando. You would think right they wouldn't be on that 4 PM flight?

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I think I successfully arranged for mine to be picked up at a UPS CC.

I called Apple and told them Iā€™d like them to allow the me to pick up at my nearest CC. They said they would process the request and I got an email confirming it was being worked on.

I called UPS and they didnā€™t have an update.

Then I got an email from Apple again saying the request was processed.

I called UPS again and they confirmed it would be ready for pickup tomorrow and said it should show on my tracking by EOD. I asked them to confirm the CC address and it was the one nearest to me.

I will update if my UPS tracking gets updated to reflect this!
Thanks for this. All my UPS tracking show delivery by 7 pm, way later than normal. Followed your lead on this and called Apple. Received their emails confirming the request. So far, so good.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Got a quick question since I'm upgrading from an X.
What would be the best way to setup my PM tomorrow?
Should I do phone to phone transfer or restore from iCloud?
I don't backup my pictures or text to the cloud now. I know the phone to phone will copy them over.
Is the transfer from phone to phone still uploading to iCloud and then coming back down to the new phone?
If so I may just turn on backup for photos and iMessage so that it can all backup tonight.
My download speed is faster than my upload.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
My phone and watch are both in Louisville. Iā€™m pretty sure they wonā€™t leave until later tonight since Iā€™m only 5 hours away. Iā€™m crossing my fingers they get delivered at the same time.
Mine too. And Airpods. I'm in the Metro East so I'm guessing the same thing. They'll probably be sent by truck and not flying. I do wish that we'd get a departure scan though! Good luck to you!

Reactions: Wolfs and Stlcheer

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Got a quick question since I'm upgrading from an X.
What would be the best way to setup my PM tomorrow?
Should I do phone to phone transfer or restore from iCloud?
I don't backup my pictures or text to the cloud now. I know the phone to phone will copy them over.
Is the transfer from phone to phone still uploading to iCloud and then coming back down to the new phone?
If so I may just turn on backup for photos and iMessage so that it can all backup tonight.
My download speed is faster than my upload.
Another option is to save the photos to your photo app on your Mac (always want to back up the memories) and backup the phone in the Finder.. Then tomorrow plug in the phone to your Mac and set it up using the backup on the computer. You can then airdrop all of your photos back over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.