Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Adeezah

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
it might depend on the model/configuration. I ordered Oct 1, delivery on 24-31... still preparing. I ordered the 15 pro Natural.
My friend ordered on 25 September, and I ordered on 16 September, same phone, PM 256 Black. So it still makes zero sense for his to have it delivered way before me, so there’s something else

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
My friend ordered on 25 September, and I ordered on 16 September, same phone, PM 256 Black. So it still makes zero sense for his to have it delivered way before me, so there’s something else

There is; space on the aircraft. It doesn't matter when the phone was purchase, as it isn't a first in/first out queue when they get to the airport, as every pallet is fighting for the same amount of space on a flight. If it doesn't make that flight, back to the distro center it goes. Wash/rinse/repeat until it does get into a flight. That is what has happened here: his made it onto an aircraft; yours, unfortunately, didn't.

BL.

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
There is; space on the aircraft. It doesn't matter when the phone was purchase, as it isn't a first in/first out queue when they get to the airport, as every pallet is fighting for the same amount of space on a flight. If it doesn't make that flight, back to the distro center it goes. Wash/rinse/repeat until it does get into a flight. That is what has happened here: his made it onto an aircraft; yours, unfortunately, didn't.

BL.
His even not shipped yet, that's the whole problem. If they both were shipped and the late one made to the airport that would have been what you described here. But I think there's something else.

Adeezah

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023

BL.
His was already shipped before mine was even being prepared to be shipped. So it’s not about the queue.
And considering there was 9 days difference between the purchases, there should definitely be something like “first come first served”, that’s why people rush to order it from the very beginning.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
His was already shipped before mine was even being prepared to be shipped. So it’s not about the queue.
And considering there was 9 days difference between the purchases, there should definitely be something like “first come first served”, that’s why people rush to order it from the very beginning.
His even not shipped yet, that's the whole problem. If they both were shipped and the late one made to the airport that would have been what you described here. But I think there's something else.

It doesn't have anything to do with making it to the airport, because all of them make it to the airport. It has to do with the finite space each aircraft has. Once every pallet makes it to the airport, it all boils down to which pallet finds space on a given aircraft; If they do, that pallet gets scanned and loaded. If it doesn't, it gets scanned and sent back to the distribution center. That would be why when tracking it, you may see multiple scans for leaving the facility and arriving at the facility. They just don't leave those pallets at the airport. Again, the issue isn't making it to the airport, as they have a ton of pallets; they just have finite space on an aircraft (B777, MD11, B747F, etc.) to get those pallets loaded onto. That is the problem. Once it gets to the airport, it's anyone's guess as to which pallets make it; it's that random.

BL.

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Ordered my 15Max 256 in White about 5 minutes ago. So, October 11th. Let's see how long it takes. Not in a huge hurry. Apple says 11/17. Let's see how close it is to that.

Reactions: EastCoastSurfing

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Keep an eye on UPS858 or UPS860 out of Louisville to phoenix. It’s not yet scheduled for Friday, but these are typically the Mon-Fri flights
thanks, UPS 81 usually continues to Ontario CA.
At this point there are 4 planes in the air heading from Anchorage to Louisville UPS109, 99, 77, 61.

UPS did not update the tracking info yet
i though i was imaging things when i looked at flights.
Nope there were 4.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Here’s my latest Phoenix time, +1 from anchorage time. Anyone else have this departure? I am assuming it’s going to Louisville then coming back to phoenix

Attachments

• IMG_2037.png
    IMG_2037.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 63

Psdatta2005

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2023
Just wanted to check last year when did the stock settle for the pro max. When could we just walk into a store and pick one up. It’s been almost 5 years since using my XS and am kinda startled looking at the stock delays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.