Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Kaynadian

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2023
People have already received before the quoted date too. Very odd that certain pallets would be held to different standards. Either we havenā€™t been updated in our scans. Or itā€™s sitting there for tomorrow instead.

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
IMG_0038.jpeg
Ordered September 25th, originally quoted October 24-31, then changed to 23-30. Got an email on Monday stating my order was shipped, and after some very broad info from UPS, stating they are "rescheduling my delivery," and an apparent delay in Zhengzhou, it left China for Korea this morning and left Incheon, KR a couple hours ago. If everything goes to plan, it should be on today's plane to Louisville from Anchorage, and I should receive it soon. As it stands, I don't have an estimated delivery date, but looking at everyone else's time frames between leaving Incheon and arriving at the destination, I would assume this weekend. If anyone is interested it's a Blue Titanium 256GB 15PM.

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
I called. They checked their system, and it looks like the departure scan was missed. It's at my local facility and should be delivered by the end of the day.

I am betting this happened with mine as well. Considering delivery is still slated for today.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Why would they do that? They don't have infinite space so the best would be to deliver packages as quick as possible no?
Other commitments. From my understanding is apple negotiates plane space, whether they need it or not, the allocate airport space and delivery windows and priorities. also, deliveries are actually managed by an apple team. They have their own logostics team controlling what goes where and when.
heist as is right around the corner, in retail time, apple is moving a lot of inventory this time of year.

apple said youā€™ll get your phone Oct 19.
if Best Buy gets their $100 million dollar drop 14 days early, the payment clock starts. for the most part, iPhone upgrade program pays apple shortly after approval. They already have that money.
Apple logistics is just as good if not better than Amazon.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
If that's the case, they would use the quoted date as the date of delivery. It makes no sense for them to hold them and miss dates; they lose customer confidence. That's true on launch dates, but we're well past that now. There's no incentive to hold them.
Yes they would. 4 planes to Louisville last night. What else is on those planes with than our phones?
when I spoke with apple the other night, they knew exactly where my phone was. They knew exactly when an ā€œestimatedā€ delivery date was going to be issued. He also emphasized the phone will arrive within the quoted delivery window.
iPads and iMacs. Current iPad versions are approaching a year. I would guess a new Ipad family will be released as early as the 21st or 27th. not a lot of time to get them spread out across retail and customers.

Kaynadian

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2023
Customer service goes by what they are told to say. I would find it very odd if they would say to expect it outside of the delivery window they provide.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Customer service goes by what they are told to say. I would find it very odd if they would say to expect it outside of the delivery window they provide.
just chatted with apple, about the status below. Very helpful as they gave me the tracking number for future updates and asked if I needed anything else. Also asked if I would want to participate in a survey.

i Asked if the phone would be delivered tomorrow as previously listed by UPS.
UPS said call apple.

A UPS processing error has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans as quickly as possible​

Reactions: Dead0k

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
No update after this. Also just noticed that delivery date changed from today to tomorrow :(

View attachment 2294115

Super weird I just received another "Import Scan" update and the one I already had is gone. I wonder if something happened and they false updated the location to PA and then realized the phone is still in KY.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 20.57.27.png

davepo

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2023
Super weird I just received another "Import Scan" update and the one I already had is gone. I wonder if something happened and they false updated the location to PA and then realized the phone is still in KY.

View attachment 2294119

Apple said UPS delayed your delivery because of weather and assured that tomorrow I will receive it for sure. Lets see

Reactions: sudofrank

siege134

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
lol well this is fun, but my package left Incheon this morning around 10:15 EST, and yet somehow, having not been visibly passed through Anchorage, Louisville, or any other facility, it is supposed to be delivered by 7 PM today. Interesting. Not getting my hopes up because this just.... doesn't make sense.
IMG_0039.jpeg

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
Delivery pushed back to tomorrow... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little ticked at this update... why even provide a delivery date WITH a timeframe at that.

1697134909453.png

Adeezah

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2023
I see everyone with Zhengzhou as location in china, while mine is in Shanghai. Label created today in the morning, hopefully Iā€™ll put my hands on it somewhere next week

Drayne

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2023
lol well this is fun, but my package left Incheon this morning around 10:15 EST, and yet somehow, having not been visibly passed through Anchorage, Louisville, or any other facility, it is supposed to be delivered by 7 PM today. Interesting. Not getting my hopes up because this just.... doesn't make sense.
That's some express shipping right there

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Anchorage is the stop for all cargo that fly the Great Circle route, so you'll see FDX, Polar, UPS, Kalitta, China Cargo, JAL Cargo, Cathay Pacific Cargo, DHL, Asiana Cargo, and others all stop there.

BL.
We (FedEx) now have a few (4-5 not 100% sure) Boeing 777s that now fly straight to either Indy or (mostly) Memphis from Asian hubs without stopping in Anchorage. A couple of our MD-11s has to stop in Anchorage.

sudofrank

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2023
TX, US
I see everyone with Zhengzhou as location in china, while mine is in Shanghai. Label created today in the morning, hopefully Iā€™ll put my hands on it somewhere next week

We've seen a few different routes taken out of Zhengzhou. Quite a few of us (including me) had our phones sit in Shanghai over the weekend. You'll likely see some movement Monday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.